Released Honda Civic NGTC BTCC Car v1.07 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Typical rf2... :rolleyes:

2. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Thx for this car - really nice addition I think. Drives quite good and sounds are great to me. Other Impressions... Strange reflections in replays. Half the car sometimes dissappears during replays - so no windshields, driver has no body and arms etc. Also happens with cars infront of you sometimes during race. Car seems to roll over somewhat easy. FFB seems very strange to me. All in all too many sim related small bugs to make it enjoyable. If these things get sorted in this decade I think this car will be one of the favorites to drive online.

3. Revan

Revan Registered

i copied the rfcmp to the packages directory but the car doesn`t show up in the mod manager.

Some months ago i noticed a problem when there was too much mods installed in the packages directory, does this problem still exists?

Edit: It was a failed Download, now it works

4. speed1

speed1 Banned

I won't continue, for whom i should open up a german thread, just because to write something and wasting time, sure not, thx.
    On the second part, i have no problem, maybe someone but not me. I just given my opinion nothing more and as you sure already get anytime anywhere i loved some of tha cars incl. tha ffb, as i said i feel the cars soul and feel it rolling. This is just up to a little thing i mentioned in case of tha honda as i said, "a bit to much" but it seems i placed the word wrong, wrong there.

That's the thing, how it could be perfect when it isn't complete ? Maybe i'm able to feel that and others not, who knows.

I see thx, but i understand you well even the gramma is totally wrong but i see you as well use the word wrong. Reads like you guys understood it like i said everything is wrong but i'm sure i said i would recommend thing's not everything is wrong.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2014
  5. speed1

speed1 Banned

This really serious meant and i get the feeling it is more a ego thing than anything else of ISI imho.

6. bwana

bwana Registered

so with the lack of comment or reply I'm guessing no one else is getting this issue? Must be my file structure.

7. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

With due respect. Can you pick up your personal affairs and at least open another thread?
    It gets annoying trying to read usefull post between all your soap opera.

8. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

No you don´t. You are a just ordinary player (with some knowledge) pointing which you feel that is wrong, which is perfectly normal in a "constantly evolving product".
    What is strange is Tim, which represent ISI team here to us, comparing your view about this recent release to one that say as much as one could post here: the ffb sucks, the physics is completely wrong, the development should be a lot faster.
    Maybe some people should open a thread on Wish Lists asking for ISI for no more updates neither in software or vehicles because we all know that say: don´t fix what isn´t broken.

9. speed1

speed1 Banned

Fell free to ignore but i agree with you about all the soap, just not on what you mean.

You guys just want here positives nothing else and even i give positive feedback as well, you guys bashing me because of a simple opinion about something i perceive as to much.

Please read my opinion about rf2 around the web where ever you can find something about. I like it, i prefer it, i would like to have it even more great as it already is, even more as i went to a T500RS from tha G27, which had changed much about the whole feeling for me. Finally i loved it and i ever praised ISI for their contribution to this genre. Whats wrong with that, you all don't give your opinions ? You see me contributing to everything rude or anything else. My awareness of thing's telling me, it's just about the feeling i always talk about, or at least the most of tha time. I learned many things from guys like Spinelli about FPS, from SPASKIS things i read, Matt Sentell about things and FFB and lots of other great guys here. I really don't understand what you guys have a problem with me, really not. I'm looking so bad for yo all while loving this S...T ? I'm dissapointed again.

Why i'm liking cars from ISI as well mod cars i given a little opinion about like the MAZDA i liked a lot because the guy doing it, has the feeling it needs to balance cars. And no the car hasn't to much grip, it is a downforce monster. You see me can give positive feedback as well as i did with tha hondas and lots of other things as well, even with tha little feedback i given on tha honda, everybody just sees the little negative in there, but not i said its a nice car and a great work. Cmon people, who is really doing wrong and isn't fair here, me ?

10. rene-xmg

rene-xmg Registered

yes, nothing special ;-)

btw: great car!
    thx ISI

11. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

Here is the race I was referencing in my post earlier. Difference between fastest laps was .2 in favor of the guy who was in the lead, smoking his tires a ton in the corner, versus me... not so much. His fastest was on lap 2 or 3 I believe, mine on lap 4. His cliff of fall off was on lap 5 according to the times, mine was gradual and half of what he had. It's not too difficult to see what happened here in this race, for a rather minor gap, he destroyed his car in the long run. Had I not beaten up the tires the first couple of laps, my fall off would have been even less and the lap time probably even faster.

If you have massive fall off in a 7 lap race, you've done it wrong. You can only do so much with the tires. Being FWD, they take a beating badly. Beat on them enough and you have nothing left. This car punishes you for asking too much too often, really unlike any other car here in rF2. With the sprint tires and FWD, it's very easy to run them off very quickly if you drive every lap like it's qualifying, and frankly, it's brilliant. Remember, these aren't endurance cars, these are sprint cars racing with sprint tires. They don't have long tire life and FWD is naturally very punishing on the fronts.

I'll also say, last night was the first time I've actually noticed a flat spot in rF2 that I could feel on the tire. Never felt that in the Corvette. (Which being a endurance car with tires that routinely double stint not exactly shocking they are quite durable)

12. DrGroove

DrGroove Registered

Thank you ISI
    Amazing work!
    A very nice car, and fun to drive.
    Next the BMW? :)

13. Flaux

Flaux Registered

It is really difficult to setup my g25 for rf2. With the Honda I had to add the centerspring in the profiler again. (The Clio and the F2 had been the first cars)

On the other hand, some ffb effects are too strong for the g25. Had to go down to 0.40 with the multiplier to prevent it form clipping.

It feels smooth now but it doesn't feel right to change/add so much stuff...

I guess a belt driven wheel is different isn't it?

Anyway, the new Civic is cool. Great to drive and to look at. Only the sound lacks some "I'm in the car" feeling. I would be very interested to hear what the next steps in the sound department are. In general.

Thank you ISI.

14. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

I just read the whole conversation to the beginning now and i see that you are defending the tyre wear, i thought you were critising it, so we are both at the same opinion.

What was your tyre wear at the end of that race? You drove it mostly cleanly, the tyres shoud be still quite fine there

15. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

I didn't check the figures or wear bars, but the tire fall off was about .8 on the softs from my fastest to my slowest, and that was with two tire melters at the end of Hangar Straight, so I think keeping it within .5 would be easily possible over a run on softs if you don't abuse them. Even then that doesn't account only for wear, could have just been me driving slightly slower or something. :)))

But the car never developed any bad handling traits in this short race, it's balance felt the same from start to finish. I'd also imagine Silverstone is fairly hard on the tires in this car, given the higher speed long sweepers under acceleration. There was certainly some tire wear, but only in the sense of "I can't go as fast", not in the "oh god I have tire wear and it's going to snap on me so easy" type.

In practice originally though, I was able to drive the mediums down to yellow condition in three laps (plus out lap) by pushing too hard, and for very little time gain versus a more composed style. I like the tires on this car, with fall off actually existing in reasonably short races it makes things more interesting.

16. Miro

Miro Registered

Really have to disagree on this. In endurance racing even one or max two bad lock ups can destroy the whole stint on the GT cars.
    Going for long runs and keeping somewhat a competitive pace isn't that easy as it seams in P sessions without target time/laps.
    But not only lock ups also just rushing for fast times have the same consequences. You have to pace yourself all the time.

17. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

For me it's a Clio^2. Which is a good thing. However driving RWD for so long it took me a while to teach my brain that countersteering and LIFTING isn't a way to go. :D After that it was quite smooth. Apart from flipping on curbs I can't complain on handling. Lot's of grip once driven properly and ffb is weird at first but when you understand what means what it is very natural and keeping your steering wheel feel firm for most of the time means that you aren't sliding the fronts at the moment. :)

Fun car, great for pick up races. Just jump and off you go. Also since default setup is so good anyone can drive it straightaway.

18. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

True. I still remember that 12h race not long time ago. There wasn't even 1 lap when I was able to push 100 % (I sure could do it but wasn't worth it, really). There is no series, absolutely NO SERIES where you drive 10/10ths. Not a single one. In every and each one of them needs a fair compromise from the driver, sheer speed vs long term pace. Even during sprint races where you only have like 15 laps you still need to pace yourself because one lockup, few moments of tyre overheating and you are finished.

That's what I love in racing. Endurance racing in particular. Sheer excitement comes from tactical thinking and strategy. "Racing" myself gives me as much fun as batteling somebody on a track. It's about fiding the limit but not the ultimate limit but the target limit. Where you drive as fast as you possibily can for as long as you really can.

I know you are GTE fan Matt ( @Empty Box ) so I believe you get what I mean. ;)

19. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

Thank you ISI for adding another car! keep them coming =)

20. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

I can't say I've ever had a particularly vicious lock up in the Corvette that I could actually feel with the FFB. Even still, I rarely have an issue with tire wear in GT cars. Maybe it's because I'm more familiar with them, maybe it's because I naturally try and keep it under the car / my own talent limit, but this car certainly melts tires as fast anything out there if you make it. It's not a "your gonna regret it in 15 laps", but "your gonna regret it in 15 seconds". You get super sideways in a GT car, you probably spin and flat spot them all. Do it in this car, you power through - melt the tires at the cost of being able to continue on, if you will. Just entirely different animal, and the type of racing this car is suited to promotes the rapid wear as an issue to be concerned about. I find it much more of a balance between speed / wear as the race is just, well, short. (unless someone hosts a 12hour race in this car lol)

I find the Corvette a lot easier to manage tire wise than this car, that is for sure.