Released Honda Civic NGTC BTCC Car v1.07 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

I was running Softs, drop off was about 8 tenths, still had enough tire left to the point I could have done double the distance and feel safe. On the flip side, some guy in one of my races was smoking his tires every corner it seemed - he was barely faster, but his drop off was around a second and a half after 5 laps.

Softs should easily last you 15 minutes, mediums should be no question unless you are constantly making large slides.

What you are feeling a high power FWD car. It's awkward as can be at first, but after a couple laps to adjust to it, it's really informative, perhaps more than any other car I've driven here. Have to remember, you are feeling the power being put down and the tire itself really all at once.

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Speed, I thought you moved away from the public because you felt sad.jpg
    And now you're back making it even worse for yourself.

Essentially you are demanding to talk to a Dev to talk about you opinions as Best Technician.
    I hope you can see that request is a bit far fetched, we can't even get them to tell us whether realroad has changed or not :)
    How come you assume your wishes will be granted instantly?

And don't you see you are just digging your own hole with that? again? you just give Tim (or others) no options and the outcome is always you getting hurt and being upset and you will blame them for it.

Plus, readback on what Tim said. I think he's right. you need to first assume your own settings could improve...before you assume the sim is wrong by default.
    Especially since other users are happy or even raving about it. There's so much to win/lose by extensive testing and tweaking...

And finally, I think you are heading down a slippery slope. your posts are showing an increase in frustration and misunderstanding. it wont be long before you decide to go mental and then what?
    Try and prevent that from happening mate, its not worth the agony for you or anyone. its just a silly game created for silly people. Nothing more.

3. speed1

speed1 Banned

I don't said, i'm tha best, i said one of tha best and never forced anybody to thrust me but it's a little ridiculous to give no weight on a master technician and instructor with graduations opinion, or not ? Whom people asking with issues on there real car, software developer trying to simulate car dynamics ? Cmon man, i just can lough about this approach of people. Possibly I'm wrong, possibly I'm tha only one right, who knows.

And what about the incomplete tire model ?

4. speed1

speed1 Banned

I guess the word wrong was wrong in use there. Better said seems faulty ? Don't know if this would fit better. Yes i'm digging my own hole as it looks like. To bad while well intended originally.

5. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Oh OK! So that's how realistically have to be! Thank you :)

Edit: changing FFB Multiplier and Smoothing fixed my issue :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2014
  6. Caterham_Super_7

Caterham_Super_7 Registered

Terrific car Tim, even for an old codger like me :cool:

7. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

Vielleicht mal in Deutsch, damit keine Missverständnisse aufkommen :) :
    Es mag ja sein, dass du viel Erfahrung und Wissen mit Autos / Rennautos hast. Aber hier in den Foren kannst du das keinem nachweisen...und hier behaupten sehr viele, sie wüssten alles mögliche - was sich später als völlig falsch heraus stellt.
    Du musst lernen, dass Internetforen nichts mit der realen Welt zu tun haben. Hier gibt es haufen von kleinen Kindern die sich als Experten ausgeben...an Tims Stelle wäre es in den meisten Fällen vollkommene Zeitverschwendung, auf jemanden hier im Detail einzugehen.
    Und die Art, in der du dich hier im Thread äußerst, weißt dummerweise eher auf ein solches Kind hin, als auf einen erfahrenen und weisen Mann. Ich sage nicht, dass es so ist, sondern dass du dich hier so präsentierst. Kommunikation im Internet ist schwierig!

8. Caterham_Super_7

Caterham_Super_7 Registered

hahaha - funny but i was thinking that too :)

9. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Registered

Jap , see it Online , the time it was so slippy , the people behind me came nearer ~3sec per Round , i will make Set more stable , but this is not where the Car build for ; )

10. Hany Alsabti

Hany Alsabti Registered

Anyone got a decent setup for this car? :)

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk

11. mkilner

mkilner Registered

Oh i love this!!...Best FFB of all the cars ive tried, Try this at Oran Park, its like rollacoaster Heaven!! :)

12. speed1

speed1 Banned

Tatsächlich ? Na dann ist es ja noch schlimmer als ich ohnehin schon angenommen habe. Dann kann ich wirklich nichts bewirken, wenn das so rüberkommt. Zu schade, es ist fehlerhaft, das ist meine Meinung, glaubt es oder nicht. Die graben sich auch nur ihr eigene Grube, nicht nur ich, mach dir mal keine Gedanken. Der Verfall hat schon lange begonnen und wird nur durch dieses Verhalten beschleunigt. Es ist einfach nur schade, da es meiner Meinung nach das größte Potential hat.

13. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

im picking a lot of weird MP behaivour, i dunno if its the Honda or current build as i curretnly only race honda, but other cars on my screeny are weirdy jumping in corners like they would have a broken axle or something, then the collisions are simply bad, the cars almost always warp into each other and as result of that physics go crazy

14. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

Well, driving the tires off the thing in 4 laps isn't exactly what any car is built for - or let me refine that, what any race car is built for.

15. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

i assume its only because to keep the tyres in shape, you need to go significantly slower than the their slipping limit is, a lot slower than on other cars, only thing that makes sence to me

16. TJones

TJones Registered

JJStrack/speed1 this is the english language section of the forum, feel free to open a thread in the german section if you want to continue in german!

speed1 i still don't know what's exactly your problem about FFB in this car, please explain.

This FWD-car has 350bhp and a lot of torque, so there must be some influence of engine torque to the steering. I still remember decades ago i drove a R5 turbo of a friend and with this car, which was also FWD and a strong engine, i got also a lot of engine torque influence in the steering. But if i remember right it was quite the opposite than the Civic, so under power the steering tried to move in center position.
    But i think this depends on suspension and steering geometry very much. So i dont want to get such far and say ISI's car is wrong there.

17. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

And it is happening again: even with unfinished features which must affect car behaviour and ffb (like accelerated real road, tire model not finished, physics and etc) we already have people saying this is already real life like.

My which ISI stop delivering updates to people with that kind of reviews because at next update this kind of people will say that rf2 is getting superior than real life and more reliable. Ok, they will not do that but put some reviews here side to side, it is just ridiculous as this statement.

Meanwhile i will stick with reviews of people pointing some issues because it´s is simple impossible that we have already reach perfection with something early released in a software far from finished. Unless Tim Weatley himself post here that ISI development team told they are done with this vehicle. Than i will force me to believe this is the most perfect simulated vehicle ever created, flawless just from the start...

18. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Enjoyable when ISI release an update to see the second post author making new review on something that is already perfect.

19. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

This what happened in the ISI server at the start!:(:rolleyes:

20. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Also werde ich das gleiche wie Sie mit Google versuchen.
    ISI wurden die Daten von Honda verwendeten sie die Erfahrung des Fahrers des Fahrzeugs verwendet haben. Sie sagen, sie haben alle haben es falsch ... Jetzt glaube ich dir? Oder sie.
    Sie sehen, mein Problem?

That was using Google, what I actually said was this

So I'll try the same as you with Google.
    ISI have used the data from Honda, they have used the experience of the driver of the car. You are saying they have all got it wrong...Now I believe you? Or them.
    You see my problem?

That is how easy it is to lose the meaning of a post.