Released Honda Civic NGTC BTCC Car v1.07 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Miro

Miro Registered

2. bwana

bwana Registered

Plenty getting ctd at Silverstone from plenty of drivers then swapped to a server with Toban and all but 1 guy where fine. Did a 45 min prac and 22 min race no issue at all . Im running a crappy amd 5700 textures low, reflections off, everything else full fps 39/62. (my average)

3. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Registered

After (very) clean Install SP crash at the end of loading screen , MP works good , but when i press exit Game crashed .

4. martymoose

martymoose Registered

I think this is a limitation of a 32 bit program, I have a GTX Titan 6GB and 32GB system ram and on max settings I need to reduce AI numbers on some tracks to avoid CTD. The game runs fine at 2560x1440 but if I add 1 too many AI the track wont load but keeping the number down which at some tracks needs to be 19-24 it will load fine and run with no issues.

This is where it would be good if ISI went towards a 64GB program so people with extra ram can actually use it. I dont know if a titan can actually use more then 4GB of vram in a 32bit app but I havent ever seen it use that much monitoring usage with afterburner OSD. The system ram is where the issue seems to be as RF2 cant use more then 4GB and so will CTD once this is exceeded. I do see total usage up to around 9GB of sys ram but this will include background usage and I assume RF2 can adress the full 4GB when run on a 64 bit OS but the app itself cant use any more then that. With more detailed tracks and mods that can easily be handled in game by faster systems its the 32 bit limitation that really causes the problems.

Even on a slower system you will still have the same limitations except that you will likely be using lower detail settings etc and so may be able to run more AI. However on these slower setups it will likely run like crap with too many so its unlikely a user will find this bug where they exceed the 32bit 4GB sys ram limitation.

5. SpeedLab

SpeedLab Registered

Turn down your graphical settings and/or use less AI.

6. SpeedLab

SpeedLab Registered

I Have Nvidia and saw your nice video about how you record with Action. It seems to sometimes work and sometimes crash for me as well.

Thanks for the New Years gift ISI...Happy New Year!

7. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Never mind my comments Tim. They weren't important lol. I think my CTD's were caused by maybe too many people. There was like 23 people in there. I have been in a few times later and didn't have any issues. I saw some ungodly pings when there was 23 people in there. Had a great couple of races later. I do notice a lot of people rolling over. Don't know if that's anything that needs fixing or not but maybe?

8. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

It was a mistake to release something when half of the world was drunk :D
    Everything looks fine here with 29 AI´s, not a single crash.

9. bwana

bwana Registered

not sure if its mod or server related but ISI server wont allow sets to be dragged and dropped into Mores.. set name appears but its a default set. double checked and doesn't happen offline .

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

a quick hungover go and it looks and drives just Fab, noticed some sort of Lag in single player though when driving then more evident when I exited to pits my times did'nt update for a couple of seconds, does'nt happen with any other mods.

11. nickbalti

nickbalti Registered

Are there any .psd files yet? :)

12. Rik

Rik Registered

Thanks! and happy new year to all :D

13. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

14. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

sorry, I don't want to speak about AC here, but it strange that Kunos and ISI have both an opposite conception about FFB! with many of ISI cars the FFB is lighten when I turn the wheel and the FFB loses consistence and hardness and with a lot of cars I have to increase the FFB behinde 100% in the profile, while with AC it is the opposite, the FFB with AC cars hardens and gains consistence and in many cars the FFB is clipping and I have to lower the ffb to 60%!

15. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Dont really understand your description of FFB behaviour, but if AC has the opposites, then AC has it wrong, in rF2 your steering hardens with additional downforce load (higher speeds), when turning as soon as you understeer it loosens, because tyres that are sliding have less grip than tyres that are rolling. Obivously I imagine that AC has tons of cars that have electric power steering, but with such you rob your self with almost all feedback you get back in your steering wheel in RL. Obviously the FFB in FWDs will be completelly differend from RWDs, as it has been said many times, it makes a big difference when your steering wheels are also the ones that have torque

16. Minibull

Minibull Member

Mmmm. FWD. Delicious torque steer, slipping front tyres and funny diffs, gogogo.

I find that rF2's FFB relates to the loads on the steered wheels quite well. You load up the front and trail brake, things get a bit heavier. You put the power down and load the rear, you can feel things change and get a bit lighter at the front. You get the speed up, and the downforce increases, and then things get heavy. AC doesn't have any of that that I have noticed, almost like they have simulated power steering very well.

Then some people I've seen posting saying that rF2's FFB is just a rattly horrible mess, white noise almost, while AC is perfect and just full of info for your hands.
    It's just like asking people what colour car you should buy. They all like different things and have their own take on how it should be. Also, you yourself are already set in your mind regarding your choice, all you are doing is looking to find people that verify your choice to reassure you.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2014
  17. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

You can't really compare just the FFB concept as it depends on the car. The FFB feeling is the result of a long series of factors (mostly on tires and suspension geometry, caster, cambers etc...), as in real life, so if you really want a comparison you need the same car, with same settings, on both titles. :)

18. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Please read my post! I have the same feeling with the C6r and the Camaro!

19. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I had several CTD when trying to start online race on Silverstone and I got this error log:

</Event>

Log Name: Application
    Source: Application Error
    Date: 01.01.2014 02:05:36
    Event ID: 1000
    Task Category: (100)
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: Z87
    Description:
    Faulting application name: rFactor2.exe, version: 1.3.8.1, time stamp: 0x52b1c539
    Faulting module name: rFactor2.exe, version: 1.3.8.1, time stamp: 0x52b1c539
    Exception code: 0x40000015
    Fault offset: 0x001fedc2
    Faulting process id: 0x1774
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cf068d003e1689
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Core\rFactor2.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Core\rFactor2.exe
    Report Id: d1c473a7-7280-11e3-9319-bc5ff4b8ceab
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-01-01T01:05:36.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>21350</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Z87</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>rFactor2.exe</Data>
    <Data>1.3.8.1</Data>
    <Data>52b1c539</Data>
    <Data>rFactor2.exe</Data>
    <Data>1.3.8.1</Data>
    <Data>52b1c539</Data>
    <Data>40000015</Data>
    <Data>001fedc2</Data>
    <Data>1774</Data>
    <Data>01cf068d003e1689</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Core\rFactor2.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Core\rFactor2.exe</Data>
    <Data>d1c473a7-7280-11e3-9319-bc5ff4b8ceab</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

I solved this with AVG PC Tuneup and I also deleted all files from Ducument\rFactor2\UserData\Log\CBash folder.

In my opinion if something is wrong use Event Viewer to see what's what's wrong before you make complaints about rFactor2 because there is 90% probability that it is your own computer that is not working properly as it was with my PC.

Happy New Year :)

20. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

mmmm I didn't say which is better, I just said what I feel! I like both and I like the new Civic!