Released rFactor 2 Build 382 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 19, 2013.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I don't think this makes much difference. People know what you mean either way. Although, this is indeed an English language forum. If someone French says Angleterre, they might have a hard time having people from the England understand they're talking about them. Brasil versus Brazil is much less of an issue.

Using language as an excuse to use what is an offensive word in English, on an English language forum, is more of a problem. :)

2. 88mphTim

Um, what does this mean?

3. 88mphTim

Download lite and install it over the top, or you could also try just changing to a different hud in the customize menu, perhaps.

4. 88mphTim

Name calling and poor language. Apparently not as offensive in the local language, something which has no effect on this English language forum.

5. Andreas67

Andreas67 Registered

build 382 works for me Prima. I switched to a Nvidia GTX 780 OC,
    16x AF 8x AA and have enabled, 2x SSAA. I have an absolutely smooth and fluent game. (Vsync on) Stable 76 fps. And it looks absolutely great.:)

6. speed1

speed1 Banned

@Tim
    Well, again closed a thread where you leave your response as last where i haven't the chance to argument anything while you are quoting me. The last you had banned me that way without to leaving me a chance, even may not to say sorry. That is not really fair imho but ok you are the boss and i need to accept.

May you can explain as well what you mean with your last comment from the closed thread that i have the chance to correct something, if you even intrested on, if not i'm also fine with it.

The previously message i leaved in this thread should be a sort of compliment and fun.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2014
  7. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I'm not a fanboy promoting rf2 but I think you are selling yourself short here.
    Rf2 is rather deep (on track) and this usually starts showing after quite a while. The more one drives the better it gets and for me personally, having driven quite a few dedicated league events, it has not stopped growing on me. it just keeps getting better the more I learn about it.

So 'visiting' rf2 could well be the same as not using it at all.

Unless gfx is the only thing you care about, fair enough then :)

(kinda writing this to vent, I encounter too many peeps not giving this thing any decent time and effort and then they start bashing it. only to be enlightened a few months later lol)

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Go here:
    http://isiforums.net/f/member.php/1-Tim-Wheatley
    and select VISITOR MESSAGES and ask Tim in a semi-private way, might be better to keep it private-ish than all over the forum...again...

9. speed1

speed1 Banned

Well thank you, than i leave at least officially a sorry here and leave the room. Stay strong, until than.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2014
  10. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

The funny thing with this build is that when it runs well, it is the best looking build yet and runs really well. But when it does not, I get occasional CTD's, the game runs out of realtime and dust/smoke kill my FPS. But only sometimes. It's kind of strange, I wish I could pin down just what it is that causes the issues, but it seems so random.

11. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I have the same GPU as you but with an i5-2500K and 16GB. I run 1920x1080 with most stuff on med and all the reflection stuff set to off, AA off and HDR on. I am able to run current content and stay right around 60fps most of the time with dips to about 47. This GPU is hardly up to the task though. I have problems running AC and really bad performance on pCARS. rF2 runs the best out of the three. The fact is this card is too old to run modern games. Not going to get rF1 framerates in rF2 with this card.

12. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

@Noel, my friend, installing rF2 lite with only the vmods of CMS and r2p did the trick! I think indeed my problem is with the Civic and this old video card...but Sparks, F2 and Corvette is fun enough for me, even on Med/Low settings!
    I can't afford a whole new rig by now (US$ 4k)...maybe just buying a 7850 will do?...the 2gB model sells for US$ 400...:confused:

13. 88mphTim

It's in your best interest not to associate previous interactions with current ones. I try to treat each issue with a forum user independently.

What I meant was exactly as was said. You are completely missing what the issue is with your posts, and why you are 'attacked' when you post. It's certainly not because you're being honest and helpful. You're overly abrasive and argumentative in a way that is very difficult for others to accept. Don't get me wrong, I have a little bit of that at times myself, your personality is your personality, and that's OK, but people will always have a reaction to EVERYTHING you post, no matter how nice or nasty the post seems to be to you, or seems to be to anyone else.

Yes, that's fine. I thought the post in this thread was a little odd, not really getting what you meant. Again, I don't want to associate one post or situation with another, because inevitably it works out worse for the person being banned or given a warning. I treat each situation as much of a one off as I possibly can. Making a nice post in one thread doesn't alter interaction in another, and my interaction in that other thread was, as I said, to mention that you are missing what the issue is with your posts, and how people seem to interpret them. Certainly not even a warning, I'm trying to give you advice.

14. speed1

speed1 Banned

Now as I see it, we will never be friends and I finally want put an end to the whole. However, to say this yet I find it really sad that you as well as some other ( from the personal view ) only jump on and respond to negative without to see the positive and it was for sure not just very little compliments and whatever you or others may consider it in relation to my person is totally wrong. I can not express but I can see it in the reactions and arguments.

Of course, it leads to frustration if one is always treated, it then leads only to things one does or says which has perhaps never intended. Maybe you and others sometimes should seek some fault in itselfs/yourself. No attack or offense, just my opinion as well the whole message is.

Anyway, as it seems it's always the other, in this case probably my person and even i don't agree, i need to accept that.

In my language though you may have more problems to shut me up but in this language you are the winner. My respect for this performance.

View attachment 11514

You seem to be a nice person, think of me what you want I will always walk upright and keep my head up.

You also do not need to ban me again, I leave the room voluntarily for the time being and concentrate again to the essentials, the real cars.

Apologize if this message includes grammatical errors which again could distort the content. I'm at peace with you.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2014
  15. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Gottseidank!
    Finally

16. speed1

speed1 Banned

Mein Englisch ist zwar schlecht aber ich bin mr sicher nicht die Null gewählt zu haben.

17. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

Thanks @John and all for the tips and sorry @Tim for posting my rig doubts in this thread...think I should open a new one ...

18. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Nur Englisch hier sprechen, bitte.

Did I say that right? High school German was 25+ years ago!

19. fischkopf

fischkopf Registered

Good try, but to friendly for the germans.

STOP! HIER Nur English sprechen!

20. Tosch

Tosch Registered

We have a different structure of a sentence.

Hier bitte nur englisch sprechen.

translated

Here please only English speaking. :D