Released rFactor 2 Build 382 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Posts like these make me sad. I wish I had a system like yours, yet I am fully enjoying rf2 for the main part. I just avoid the system hoggers like the civic or Silverstone. rest is open for business.
    but to be honest, I solely focus on performance so I can enjoy the actual racing experience. anything graphical that comes my way is just icing on the cake.
    I suspect quite a few people do it the other way around.

Not sure what the deal is here but I know I invested more then enough time to get rf2 working properly, all kinds of tricks and tweaks floating around these forums, there's plenty we can influence.

Anyways, yes, a complete uninstall/reinstall would be recommended if you are running out of ideas. a fresh game will be much better in general, especially when things are tight as they are.

The 'issues on your end'' comment can be easily reverted into people instantly blaming rf2. equally easy to do and to no end.

2. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

I'm not saying I'm not enjoying rF2, au contraire my friend, I am REALLY enjoying this sim!
    I just wish I could enjoy all its releases, for a bit more longer time...
    I also do concentrate only in the race itself so what happens around the track (flags in the wind...flash photos, choppers...birds....planes...) doesn't mind me at all...
    I run all LOW and rack medium and it's fine for me...
    rF2 is so cool that I just can't drive rF1 anynore...in fact it's been almost a year I don't do it...
    AS I said before, all this came up only after build 382, and only for me...
    I'll do that uninstall/reinstall thing and see what happens...but first let me pray 50 hail marys...:rolleyes:

3. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Don't worry about age I am 57, just remember that Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Nvidia 480GTX and 580GTX is still good DX9 cards and they work fine with rFactor2 . I think you
    get with 480GTX 80 Fps and 580GTX 100fps with your system.

What bothers me is that you have Win7 32 bit 4GB RAM, Win7 64 bit 8GB RAM is so much better.

Maybe you can look on ebay if you can find a used 480 or 580GTX at an affordable price.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2014
  4. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

I'll be looking at them Ari, thanx!
    Meanwhile I'll play what still works fine on rF2 and hope to not get CTDs on league races...

5. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

Just a head up: installed build 382 on rF2 lite only with 1960 Historic, R2P F2 S30 vmod (includes ISI-Formula 2 + 19 ISI and non-ISI tracks) and CMS GT CHALLENGE VMOD (Corvette C6r ZR1 + 6 ISI and non-ISI tracks). Been practicing on and off line without a single issue. Game went back to as it was 3 weeks ago: flows perfectly, no stutterings 120+ fps (smooth 60 with V-sync) with the above vmods at any track...not a single CTD...Just need to check come race days...
    All in the same rig and same settings as before...could the problem be the Civic???...or multiple vmods are the bad guys?

6. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

This was the case in rf1, the more stuff we added to one single install the worse performance got. But I have no idea if this could also be the case with rf2.
    But as with anything electronic, less is better so why not with rf2 :)

7. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Yes it can be Civic many has problems with that and Build 382 is not good at all maybe worst build ever and there is only few players online.
    I find it strange that ISI don't provide information when new build.

8. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Brasil my nigga.

9. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Here is the First Law of Stupidity according to Carlo Cipolla:

We always underestimate the number of stupid people.

This is not as obvious as it sounds, says Cipolla, because:

people we had thought to be rational and intelligent suddenly turn out to be unquestionably stupid;
    and
    day after day we are hampered in whatever we do by stupid people who invariably turn up in the least appropriate places.

He also observes that it is impossible to set a percentage, because any number we choose will be too small.

Cipolla also observes that stupid people don't know they are stupid, and that is one more reason why they are extremely dangerous.

Which of course leads me back to my original, agonizing question: Are you stupid Jerry ?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2014
  10. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

If i had to explain something to you and make you less ignorant, please call me stupid.

11. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

You did not understand my question, you are not the guy with an answer to all, my best friend.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2014
  12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

So if Sergio really was stupid and you believe Carlo, then why on earth would you do the exact opposite he tells you to. ?

Because you are stupid as well ? ...... or are you just constantly forgetful Ari ?

;) <<< WINK

13. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

2 short bans, 1 long one. Was it worth it? Probably not.

Don't reply to posts and implicate yourself by calling them names. Report posts and let me deal with them. The two of you who got short bans will hopefully learn this.

14. canastos

canastos Registered

sooooo peaceful now ;)

sorry for the off topic, and thank you, Tim

15. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

A short educative explanation:
    The correct way to write BraSil in portuguese in with a "S" , but our country's name came from a tree called brazil-wood , so BraZil is written this way , with a "Z", all over the world.
    Since we comunicate in english in this forum, not in portuguese, I think I MUST write my country's name in the language of this forum comunity...

16. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

"Report posts and let me deal with them."
    lol

17. speed1

speed1 Banned

As it seems Tim has still to much spare time or he is a sort of super human being everywhere which leads alone the whole project of rf2 and buns people running hot while loosing controle, I have experienced it myself and was shortly on leave. :rolleyes:

18. sam4cag

sam4cag Registered

Tim,

Having the CORE missing Standard HUD v1.0a file issue. What does this mean? Had same issue with 240 Build upgrade. You gave me great advice how to fix but I can't find it and / or don't remember it (Old Guy). Can you help?

Thanks so much

19. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

After reading all that, I really have no idea what the bans were for.

As to this build, it is unquestionably the fastest and smoothest.

Problems I have had in the past are always related to dodgey vmods or components. Not sure how that works, but it was certainly proven to be the case in some past instances.

The immersion in rF2, when actually racing online, shows how far AC still has to go - despite pretty

20. F2kSel

F2kSel Registered

Up until the end of last year pCars was my preference. Unlike most I enjoyed the FFB but then they changed it. Even at 100% There is almost no feeling any more.
    I also preferred AC over rf2 and the last update has improved it again.

But I must admit the last update for rF2 and the Civics are even better FFB wise, I don't know if it feels right, it does feel strange but after a few laps you get use to it and it give so much information.

AI wise pCars are a mess, AC is ok for a first attempt, rf2 is much better.

Having said all that I find I still don't bother with rF2 unless it's to check the latest patch, I think I've been spoiled by the graphics of other games and the slow load times are annoying.