Released rFactor 2 Build 382 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

So the real culprit is the update service?

2. kosmo1982

kosmo1982 Registered

at first didnt thought this build makes some noticeable changes for me, but now i noticed i can change shadows to max without loosing fps. Previously i was using mid shadows and changing them to max was killing my fps (to something like 10 fps). The same is with mirrors (ati user here). Turning them on doesnt change my fps. So overall nice changes. Dont know maybe its new drivers from Ati from couple days ago but now i have steady 45fps from starting grid with 15 ai.

3. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Found the problem Tim. our vmod was 240MB instead of 700kb-ish. small mistake, big consequences :)

With the recreated vmod the server is running again.

Problem solved but....it should not happen at all right? if peeps want to include content in the vmod.....

5. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

No problem. Glad to help you finding your own basic mistakes after blaming the software.

6. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I know you're trying to be funny but I actually consciously did not start with blaming anything, there's too much of that going on already on these forums.

What you need to do Jerry, is attend our events so I can kick your ass on track.

7. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Turn on invulnerability on your server and i show you who will get ass kicked.

8. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Is this adding anything to the discussion at all?

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Seems you are here to be marginally entertaining and ultimately the opposite. Much like the avatar. Please lighten up on things, and not in a clownish way. :)

10. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Sure. I will even change this pic to one that express better my feelings.

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

lmao Serg

Don't fall in there :p

Denstjiro and Sergio are right, too much blame every little thing.

Like CTD ? I run fullscreen windowed mode, never use Alt-Tab and in a dedicated server had a handful of lockups or freezes in 2 years, can't remember one offline.

*** That is besides the bad build that had the "Leavers Bug" but even that was easy to get around, remake the room, how hard was that.
    I left the dedicated menu in corner of screen and booted drivers after they DNFed but before they could press Leave Race while I raced.

NRT servers yeah I had heaps of bugs but just the last month and it was not the day build was updated either I noticed bugs in there ( we were between builds )

Yes, seems a lot of you are tired of bugs and waiting for rF2 to get it's act together and others are tired of listening to same old same old for 2 years, get a life, move on to another sim......... something.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2014
  12. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I run fullscreen not windowed mode and in my PC works Alt-Tab fine, but I agree that there are loads of bugs in the latest build, 382.

I bought my first windows (Win 1.0) in 1982 and from experience when rFactor2 crashes it is not ISI I suspect first it is MICROSOFT WINDOWS,
    Intel, Nvidia, Ari Antero etc. and usually I find this from my Windows error log:

Windows:

Log Name: Application
    Source: .NET Runtime
    Date: 14.01.2014 05:41:26
    Event ID: 1026
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: Z87

Intel:

Log Name: Application
    Source: Application Error
    Date: 14.01.2014 07:31:20
    Event ID: 1000
    Task Category: (100)
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: Z87
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology\IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe

What I am trying to say is make sure that the problem is rFactor2 and not any other PC related issue.
    Windows still has its problems even after tusens of updates, such as empty folder and files that should be deleted once in a while.
    Clean your computer, that including registry files etc. it may help.

13. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

Now that the ladies stop throwing underpaints to each other could we get back to what it maters?

I'm 55 and not good at all in "computer science"...
    In my humble point of view, trying to be as logical as possible, if I have never had 1 single problem with rF2 since I started using it 1 year ago, in the same computer I'm using it now, and things started going weird after build 382, I can only think that the problem is with this build...
    ...and as I said before, not only for me, and not only a for few ones, but for MANY...costumers/payers.

Now what really is annoying is that everytime someone (not only me...) says he's having trouble, the answer is almost always "it's a problem on your end"...
    ...or "do a full re-install..)...ok, I will but: if I do re-install will my issues go away? Does ISI have an answer for that simple question?
    ,,,or "upgrade your rig"...well rF2 worked perfectly with my rig until...build 382!

Point is: I can't play with the Civics, I've been discoed constantly, game crashes for no reason even with mods/tracks with which it never did (ISI and non-ISI contents!).
    I did a fresh rF2 Lite install and am running only the Corvette at the CMS league...I was racing at R2P but simply can't make it anymore, with whatever mod/track (once again: ISI or non-ISI contents).

In my dreams I still see the day when SOMEONE at ISI could simply answer a post like mine saying: "dear costumer, we are aware of some issues happening with our latest build; we do apologize for any inconvenience you're having and want to make you sure that our develope team is watching closely to this issues and we will soon have an answer on that, thanks for your support, cheers, etc...etc.."

That would really make me happy...

14. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Yes Luis, it would make me happy to mate.
    I hope you don't get me wrong I am just trying to help users from my experience when rFactor2 build 382 crashes.

CPU Usage and Physical Memory usage is too high with build 382
    Here are the minimum system requirements for rFactor2 according ISI

MINIMUM (will not run or look as best):
    PU: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 or 2.4 GHz AMD Athlon x2
    Memory: 2 GB
    Video Card: nVidia 8600 GT or ATI/AMD 3850
    Video Memory: 256MB
    Operating System: PC Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
    DirectX: 9.0c
    Storage: 4 GB
    Internet connection required.

RECOMMENDED MINIMUMS (will run well, may look better with better hardware):
    CPU: 3.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or 3.0 GHz AMD Athlon II x2 or better
    Memory: 4 GB+
    Video Card: nVidia 250 GTS or ATI/AMD 4870 or better
    Video Memory: 512MB+
    Operating System: PC Microsoft Windows Vista 64bit, Windows 7 64bit
    Storage: 4 GB+Notes:
    1 – 2008 C++ Runtimes SP1 required (included with installer).
    2 – rFactor 2 executable is 32bit. 64bit OS recommended above to allow more than 4GB RAM.

I going to swept of dust from my old pc from 1999
    Intel Pentium Dual CPU @ 2,4 Ghz
    Ram 4 GB
    Video Card: 4850 Video Memory 256 MB
    and test how it is going to work, I doubt if it is going to start with RF2:(

15. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

I do not want to contribute the debate on whether people's issues are PC or build related. I just want to say that using a simple utility like OCCT can pretty easily eliminate the PC as the root cause.

My bro-in-law had the goofiest issues going on with his high-end bang bang games and it turned out to be a flaky power supply. It was very intermittent and hard to diagnose. OCCT really helped nail down the culprit.

16. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

Absolutely Ari, didn't get you wrong my friend! Just quoted your post to help on mine!
    Good idea John, thanks! I'll update my profile later tonite, since I'm in my studio right now..
    But as far as I remember my rig is (sorry...but with 55 it's hard to even remember what did I have for lunch yesterday...):

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 - 4 gHz clock - 4 gB memory
    MB - Asus for sure...will check model later...
    PSU: ThermalLake 650W
    Video card - ATI Radeon 5770 (1 gB memory, gets 2.4 shared)
    2 extras coolers (don't know what brand...)

So far racing on the rF2 Lite's new install with only CMS's vmod is going fine (at least at the practice server...)
    We're running the Corvettes at Nuerburg in a couple of weeks...
    I'm affraid of adding new contents (specially the Civic) and things start going weird again...it was only after installing 382 and the Civic that my issues started...

17. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

Thanks John! Finally a "light at the end of the tunnel"..
    I too suspect about my video card, btw...not sure if only changing it to a , say, 7850, will work...
    Since my rig is AMD, I think I should stick with an ATI card, shouldn't I?
    Some folks told me that ATI runs fine on AMDs, and NVidia runs fine on Intels...
    As for the settings, I use track details on Medium and all other setting to low, AA/HDR/AA/FXAA are already OFF, just ON with raindrops...

Anyway, shouldn't ISI warn its costumers that they are releasing new contents that will pass the minimum recomended limits?

18. SVO

SVO Registered

I pair an AMD 940 CPU @ 3.0 ghz with a 570 Nvidia card. I have my settings, which look quite nice to me set to get me about 120 fps. This was online with the civic and at silverstone. There weren't that many online at that time though, but it has been running very solid. BTW: my settings are higher than what John has recommended. I've actually only ever had an AMD paired with nvidia. I am thinking of trying an intel, but will never try ATI (at least for now).

19. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

Mr. TIM "ISI" wrote here somewhere he thik ATI 7850 is a great video card...

So, from all of your nice tips above (thanx!!!) I conclude that:

1. I can run rF2 in my rig, but only with "older" contents (Sparks...Brabham...the GTs...), and cannot do it with the latest ones, including upcoming cars/traks/builds..
    -> yep...this is sad...but since I only race in leagues, maybe I'll find some that suits my rig...FORTUNATELLY CMS does!

2. To fully enjoy rF2 (and AC...), I need to upgrade.
    -> this is even more sad! I've quoted an i7 similar to Jhon's and some CMS folks's and it's about US$ 4,000 in Brazil...

3. I still haven't tried that UNINSTALL/REINSTALL ALL thing...should that work?!?

4. Point is that, as I said here somewhere, I KNOW some guys that already has NASA/CERN computers, with specs higher than most of us and they are having the same or worse issues than me!
    ->...so that "the issue is on your end" solution still do not convinces me...

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Mine's fine on stock speeds with medium/high/full settings (depending on track/mod), HDR on, fullscreen res (1920x1200) and 19 to 26 AI. A few slowdowns at the start of a race that I can personally live with but all above 60fps thereafter.

I have overclocked my card now and getting better than a 7870 performance/fps wise and therefore more settings on High/Full and higher anisotropic and AA levels + more AI should I choose too.

Whilst there are performance issues with AMD over nVidea it's not that huge of a difference as people on here would suggest, but there is room for improvement, my card runs other games flawlessly and I know ISI are improving optimisation where/when they can....you should've seen performance on the first Build!

Whether you go AMD or nVidea is entirely your choice, if you just race RF2 then Nvidea right now, if not and you play other games then google comparative benchmarks for those games, as when the HD7850 came out it was better than its nVidea rival on stock speeds and as I have done you can overclock the hell outta the card!