Released rFactor 2 Build 382 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Plebre

Plebre Registered

Thanks You!

Happy New Year All!

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Does anyone see a decrease in rubber build up?

Maybe just visually I don't know but our event last night at Palm Beach did not seem to build much additional rubber during the race (coming from a medium pre-set in practice)
    And our new event starting this week on Croft I cannot even create a new pre-set. it just does not seem to build rubber at all.
    Tried both offline and online, lengthy sessions with plenty of AI + me. no difference at all.

3. Paddler

Paddler Registered

In the F 3.5 in the setup screen: the rear ARB setting is screwed simehow. The numbers are not in sequence and some settings are missing.
    Had a great time around poznan in that car. If setup right I had an amazing grip through the high speed turns. It was really scary to hang on :). Amazing simulatin. Congrats to the devs at ISI!!!

4. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Yes, there's a significant decrease in rubber build-up. In my league, we are creating the realroad without help from AI's, and it does take much longer for the rubber to build up now. But it's definitely still working, and probably at a more realistic rate now.

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

it's still accelerated, maybe there's more of a visual effect on different tracks.

6. DaniloJF

DaniloJF Registered

I felt a increase of grip in 1st gear slow cornerns with FISI@Silverstone. Didnt try anything else.

7. Miro

Miro Registered

The very cool thing is you can race in rain now properly. Just set it to storm and you can race 20+ cars and the real road is perfect. :)

8. TJones

TJones Registered

I did a race at Malaysia (Mid. Comp.) with FISI and low speed corner grip was as low as before, but Silverstone is better, soft Comp. here.

Made the same experience as Mrslfrs few weeks before, but lately i drove a race with historical F1 at Loch Drummand, a lap after rain begun, grip went down to ice level or standing water at the whole track (easy +20 sec. lap).

9. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Ah ok, good to hear. i'm not going mad after all :)

We have medium rubber set for our club events to speed things up. gonna be a lengthy quest then every time we prepare the server as its usually one admin setting things up and if we cannot see any noticeable changes how do we know its a suitable level for our aim...

Also, did I miss info on this? Its kinda important if things like these change isn't it?
    And i'm now wondering if the reported increased/different grip levels have any relation to this.

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

from the KnownIssues.txt:

Weather/RealRoad
    ================
    -Groove build-up and track wetness/drying happen at an artificial, accelerated rate.

As I said above, maybe it's something to do with the visual effect thats perhaps changed, maybe different track surfaces present different visual Real Road (as in real life!). Maybe its something else fixed/added in a recent Build that is casuing you/others to feel extra grip in certain places.

11. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Yeah I already mentioned that the increased grip could well be just improved framerates. happened before in previous builds but now it was so obvious as this build was released when we where practising for an event and where already exchanging 0.100's between drivers and all of a sudden things changed drastically.
    Not bothered by it though :)

How to open KnownIssues.txt.rfbz2 ? I found that in the updates/382 folder but cant seem to open it with anything.

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

dunno, just open the one in the RFactor2 folder :)

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Thing is... and no offense meant... it seems possible someone at ISI might alter the rate and either the person in charge of updating those files doesn't know about it, or it just gets lost somewhere. Would be good to know for sure, I suppose one method might be a huge tyre grip gain from rubber (so instead of the usual 0.10 or so, make it... oh, I don't know... 20.0 lol) and do a 342/382 comparison with a specific number of AI laps for rubbering. Unless someone from ISI can shed some light, which seems the easier option.

14. KILL BILL

KILL BILL Registered

After this update 382 very often appears out-of-sync.

Video for Francesco ;-)

15. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

I was just watching a replay from an online race last night.
    Did ISI 'play' around with the disc brake glow and exhaust flame in 382?
    It looks a lot better and much more in sync with after-burn at fuel-cut and heavy braking.
    Next request...those shadows.
    "Please, please...pretty please fix those shadows in replay mode."
    Come on...You can do it.:p
    Make the replays look better than RF1.

16. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

If you read B382's release notes they claim to have fixed shadows during replays. Have no idea what they mean by that though...

17. coops

coops Banned

Never enough info on what's been done or what's been removed and why ? Yes TIM I know you cannot tell us everything but major things cannot be to hard to relay to us.(especially things that get removed or don't work anymore or changed).
    Q's and A's released by the DEVS might even be a better way for this like every 3 months. But after 2yrs we are not getting the info we deserve.
    IMHO it needs to be more league friendly and a lot of ideas that web site admins put frwd to ISI that they asked for should be HIGH on the PRIORITY LIST as this is always what RFACTOR has been about LEAGUE RACING.

18. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

lol
    It looks like soccer when player fake being hit by the opponent to get a fault or yellow card to the other player

19. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

I don't think its that funny tbh...how is a league meant to succeed with that crap going on...constant 2 steps forward 1 step back (sometimes 3) is doing my head in with this so called "evolving" sim

20. Tony H

Tony H Banned

I agree Jim
    seems to be 'revolving' sim, revolves back to the stone age, then next update its more bronze age ;-)