Released rFactor 2 Build 382 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 19, 2013.

1. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Small audio bug I already had with previous B342 (never before) and which still happen with B382: sometimes the several beep sounds for starting a race (tu-tu-tu-tuuuuu) don't play, or play partially: Sometimes you only hear first beeps then nothing, sometimes only the last one(s), and once I didn't have any sound at all. It's a rare issue, something like once each 25 race start. All other sounds around (ambiance, engine, etc.) still play fine during that time. My audio settings are default but tire sound around 150% and my engine 75%. I specify this because it's possibly the problems (too many sounds at the same time): I always play with 13 AIs cars and didn't change number of effects (default 32 AFAIK).

2. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Yeah, but is this developement linked to rFactor Pro? If it is then it makes sense to make it right and not just satisfy to some artificial multipliers.

Personally would like to see the real thing even if it will take more time.

3. Gianfrancostrat

Gianfrancostrat Registered

I upgraded from rfactor to this build, I had the 342 and after instalation login is successful but the icons are gray and I can not select anything.
    also the link to download the 382 does not work

4. tjc

tjc Registered

Big +1.

:)

5. Nils

Nils Registered

very nice update, about 20% more fps, some tracks even more.
    I was hoping for tire/contact patch updates, but still, low pressure and camber is the solution for everything (no bad feelings, was just hoping)
    Real road presets from earlier builds don´t work anymore, even ISI presets (Silverstone) won´t load online and offline. That will cost me 2 days of running AI for our server presets - but again, that´s how it is when the sim evolves

6. CraigT

CraigT Registered

I apologize if this has been asked before but I didn't see in it in the previous 13 pages
    I did a clean install (lite) for 382. Now I get gmotor errors when loading tracks (i.e. LeMans91, Palm Beach). It says there is a problem global loading TEST_LIGH
    I ran the lite over the install again but it didn't help
    Anyone else seeing this?

7. Galaga

Galaga Banned

+1

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Hmm... I'm on the other side of the fence. I like that compounds will have an influence and I think if you're creating a sim that has to be the goal - where you actually call it a day is a bit like how long is a piece of string, because like most things you can just keep adding complexity to it, but I do like where it seems they're headed. I just don't like where they've left it for now ;)

9. aldrew

aldrew Registered

Tim, or anyone please help. I have completely removed the game and even installed it in a new directory. I have tried three times now uninstalling, deleting and then reinstalling the current build and every time I try to load the game I get a run time error, advising me to contact the support team for more information. What is wrong?

10. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

11. Clemenca

Clemenca Registered

"Hi, The game crashes for no apparent reason and without noise , suddenly the screen turns black , I have always done in multiplayer, not much in singel player game , the screen goes black with only HUD visible and game does not respond and I have to close the game with task manager windows .
    In the task manager the game is listed as active and clicking on End Task I get a warning that the game does not respond .
    All other programs work correctly...

Tim Thanks for your attention"

all my friends and i have the same problem in multiplayer, suddenly the screen turns black when you sit in the car and drive, but you still see time is runing and the tachometer, when this happens, you only can kill the game with taskmanager, some times your pc is dead and you have to reboot... this bug sux... also, we have our server at a friends place with 150bmit/20mbit... so enough bandwide.. and we have a lot of disconnections without any reason...

W7 64bit OS
    Asus z87
    Processor i5 4670@3.40GHz
    8G memory installed
    GTX670
    I run rFactor 2 with the following graphic options :
    all full
    Plugin:
    Motec and Fanaleds

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2013
  12. aldrew

aldrew Registered

13. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Check your installed Software. Does it look like this?

[​IMG]

14. aldrew

aldrew Registered

Not sure what you want me to look for.

15. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

What is causing this? Bad connection? Bug?
    Didn't happen before build 382 for me. Saw this several times when watching the replay of my latest league race.
    Doesn't look very good :p

16. otta56

otta56 Registered

Build 382 SLI Performance

Build 382 does not show any SLI performance improvements over Build 342.

Performance at Brianza with 11 AI and all settings turned to maximum at 2560x1440 is between 30 - 37 fps for SLIx3 Titans. There are multiple places on the track where the frame rates drop to single digits. See charts below:

View attachment 11208 View attachment 11209

Some old visual artifacts remain as well. At 32xS AA the "fresnel lens" heat bubble is still visible. Other FSAA settings in Nvidia Inspector will trigger the bubble as well so it appears to be related to FSAA. See image below.

View attachment 11210

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2013
  17. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I think you must greate a clean install of rfactor2:

Uninstall rfactor2 using the uninstall feature.
    Delete the entire rfactor2 installation folder, and any rfactor2 related folder in your My Documents folder (to remove any user data files).
    Next, delete the local license file: Navigate to your “C:\Users\<Your Windows Username here>\AppData\Roaming\.rFactor” folder and delete the files within (you can type this in your Windows Explorer address bar or navigate to it by first disabling “Hide system files and folders” in your folder settings (see windows documentation for more info)).
    Make sure you have downloaded the most recent build of rfactor2 from the appropriate downloads page of rfactor.net and install it into a new clean folder. For rfactor2, using the Content Installer download is best because you can then test the game with minimal content.
    Since you’ve deleted the license file in a previous step, you’ll need to reactivate your game. For rfactor2, run the launcher, select the Purchase tab, then select Reactivate.
    Run rfactor2 with the minimum content and with NO 3rd party community created mods/addons/plugins (content you’ve downloaded elsewhere) and troubleshoot any issues with limited content.

Once you confirm the game is working fine, you can download additional content from the rf2 downloads page at rfactor.net

18. sg333

sg333 Registered

Have you tried with just 1 card? Does it seem to be scaling OK? That seems bizarrely bad for three Titans, or for one Titan even.

19. Sankaracharya

Sankaracharya Registered

After installing this update I can't star the game again.
    I keep getting the following:

Runtime Error!

"Program: G:\Games\Rfactor2\Launch rFactor.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
    Please contact the application's support team for more information."

I have re-install it 4 times but no difference.

Anyone here has any idea on how to fix this, please?

thanks

20. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

Well, I have tried (Loch Drummond track) 2 cars : Howston_G4_MkIIIB and Corvette...it's much much better with this build (I had great difficulty, before, in driving these 2 cars and now it's much better, great fun with it!).

I own a T500RS wheel and I use the Speed1 configs for this wheel : http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/17117-Grip-in-RF2/page9 (thread #178)

Thank you very much, ISI and Merry Christmas for the team!