Released Chevrolet Corvette C6.R 1.43 and Chevrolet Camaro 1.3 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 13, 2013.

1. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Another question, how is the sense of speed for everybody? With these two cars I really have not a single sense of speed and this just made me lose the car at times because
    I just wasn't aware I was already making turns at pants-crapping speeds while thinking I was going 50km/h or something and thus could get away with flooring it...

In other cars I get really nice camera movements but if this stuff changes a lot per car, that is going to be hard to tweak :(

2. Minibull

Minibull Member

I've always found the Corvette to have a real "close to the wheel" cam feel as default. I'm used to having it further back with a wider FOV, so that's what I did. Does make things seem a bit faster for me.
    None of the closed cars have that awesome headshake the openwheelers have though. I still remember the feeling trying Spa for the first time in the Spark XD

3. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

That's true now you mention it :)
    It would be nice if there was a way to make the head shake stronger in closed cars for added sense of speed without making all openwheelers induce projectile vomiting after 5 minutes of driving :p

4. speed1

speed1 Banned

I used to match up the FOV to my feeling and not any silly calculators output disorting the feeling by an outcome of a slowmo motion perception of thing's. There is anything wrong with the way of FOV interpretation around the web. I never see any developer recommend FOV calculators or to use a value as the most of us have in use. Every outcome from any calculator i tryed ruins the sens of speed. So i changed my way of thinking and match it up to the sens of speed and not just to the image. With triples no problem to do so. No the cars are fine apart from the drivetrain and the outcome of friction transitions in some situations.

5. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

It's just because a good FOV and a good sense of speed generally don't match, especially when you are on single screens (either slo-mo, or distorted tunnel vision). Most sense of speed comes from stuff that's happening in peripheral vision and vibrations/shake in the car (although less). That is the reason why with a triple screen setup you can get it right easier and with a wrap around projector screen it's starting to get scary :)

6. speed1

speed1 Banned

Sounds logical and i don't know much about thing's like that but i realised after some time the other way doesn't works well for me, so i go with a mix of both.

7. arnomar

arnomar Registered

I have tried the C6 update for the first time yesterday and i found the ffb clearly better than before, we can feel the weight transfer and the direction seems to be more consistent in the middle point (oscillation seems damped near the neutral position). I hope the others modern car et monoplace will have improvement like this soon.

8. carlos26

carlos26 Registered

Someone who knows can tell me if the camaro in the world championship takes traction control? albeit at a low level.

9. MerlinC

MerlinC Registered

10. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

"Following two years of extensive research including a full season of competition we are pleased to announce the approval of GT3 cars with their FIA approved aero packages to race in our series," said Pirelli World Challenge Director of Competition Geoff Carter. "With the prior inclusion of ABS and traction control our approval allows manufacturers from around the world a stable platform for customer-focused racing."

http://www.motorsport.com/scca-wc/n...-pirelli-world-challenge-competition-in-2014/

11. carlos26

carlos26 Registered

thank you very much for the help, so that text runs, allowed the ABS and TC.

thanks

12. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

Of course that would apply to the Pirelli World Challenge other series may vary.

13. keanos

keanos Registered

As far as I know, nearly all GT3-based series allowing ABS and TC and sometimes more, for example the BMW Z4 GT3 in the 2013 spec from the german ADAC GT Masters runs with an ESP-like system.

And as far as I remember on the Nordschleife in the VLN and 24 hours it is a rule that you must use ABS and TC.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2013
  14. naifexx

naifexx Registered

Blasfemy! !! :)

Merry Christmas

15. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Disgrace. Although GT and endurance racing isn't exactly full of top drivers besides the top few teams so I can sort of understand this, but I still hate it.

16. Muxi-Mux

Muxi-Mux Registered

No!

17. Clemenca

Clemenca Registered

This sounds great, me and my friends drove Camaro now for two weeks without any help... it is so hard to drive this car on the limit without traction control (Fanatec Clubsport BMW whell and Clubsport V2 pedals)... i could not belive that custom drivers in real can drive this car for a 2 houre race without any mistake... but when turn on traction control low the car is still hard to drive but a lot easy than without traction control... we dont need abs, you can better break without, but without traction control it is not funny to drive the camaro, than it´s a real beast !!

thx for this info !!

best regards
    Clemenca

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2013
  18. Clemenca

Clemenca Registered

hi there,

another very interesting problem, we are 4 friends driving rf2 Camaro GT3 on our own server, we have expirience on simualtions since geoff crammonds gp1 on atari zx81 :) so we know what we are doing, like kimi :) i know we are not profi drivers but i think our driving is okay and we know what to do to make a car faster with setup...

at the moment we drive Portugal GT track, me and another friend Stevo drive laptimes between 1:45:5 and 1:47:5 depending on the grip and the drivefeeling, my friend Stevo drives a Fanatec Forza Motorsports wheel and CSR Elite pedals, i driver Fantec Clubsport BMW rim und Clubsport V2 pedals with Playseat chair... we drive around the same laptimes, another friend, Dieter, drives Fanatec Porsche GT2 wheel and Clubsport V1 pedals, and he can drive much faster than me and Stevo, he drives laptimes 1:43:00 !!! with the same setup... we tried and tested arround and could not belive this times, it is impossibile for me and Stevo to drive on my and his pc... yesterday Dieter comes to my place to test... traraaa... same setup and he can only drive 1:46:5 but never 1:43:0... there must be different physics... we have the same self made mod, same gameversion, only the steering and pedal equipment is different... what is wronge here with the game ???

any ideas ?

best regards
    Clemenca

19. Minibull

Minibull Member

A better driver who is used to his own rig, or a game experience that is much different. I base the better driver part off the faster laps and the TC comments, no slight intended. I also mean game experience in terms of framerates/lag. Plus a loadcell brake may take a while to get used to and develop the muscle memory.

It is why I sometimes wonder about buying "better" equipment. I have spent years with a G25, so to drop thousands on gear without a clear idea on what impact it would have seems not worth it and would kinda worry me. It would be interesting to see how easy it would be to adapt and how quickly.

20. Clemenca

Clemenca Registered

hmmm... i dont think that an other equipment is good for more then 3 sec...i watched as spectator when Dieter drives @home, he can take every corne with an higher gear... this is not possible for me an Stevo to drive on our pc´s... it looks like that he has more grip everywere... he knows my equipment very well, because we make often manevening at my place and he drives the same laptime like me... yesterday we made an assetto test too, also here near the same laptimes (Imola BMW Z4 GT 1:49:2)