Released Chevrolet Corvette C6.R 1.43 and Chevrolet Camaro 1.3 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 13, 2013.

1. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

So I just had a very interesting experience. Was running the new corvette and finding it very slippery. Had light rubber down and warm tyres, but was sliding around. Then, suddenly, my volume got louder and the car started to grip more. WTF. I will go into more detail in a thread in the technical area, as I believe this is an issue with rF2 I've been having on a larger scale (variable grip levels seemingly due to un-identifiable issues).

After the volume increased, and the car got grippier, I had a fantastic time. Very fun car to drive! Well done ISI.

-edit-
    Couldn't pinpoint the audio change in the video I took, so I will ignore as if it was my own perception issue for now.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2013
  2. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

So, when we turn up volume we will get more grip ;)

3. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Ok thanks :) There are some other things that need to be fixed, for sure.
    For example, I wonder if this will be fixed for the Brabham? :)

Incorrect wheel/rim size? http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/14558-What-s-with-the-Brabham?p=197871&viewfull=1#post197871
    Driver looks too small in the cockpit? http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/14558-What-s-with-the-Brabham?p=197847&viewfull=1#post197847

Sorry for the OT

4. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

I knew there was a reason.

5. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

amazing broadcasting

6. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

So when the crank it up went away the grip got lighter? I'd like to hear a report on that from the drivers.

7. Matt Sentell

Matt Sentell Registered

It's funny, after driving four 1-hour stints yesterday in VWEC and all the practice leading up to it, I just loaded the new version, same track and setup, and I honestly don't think I would be able to say there's any noticeable difference to me unless someone told me it was a different version. At least in terms of how it feels. Slides seemed about the same to me, in terms of catching and balancing them. But having spoken with sim developers in the past about the influence of chassis flex in modern cars, I'm not surprised. They've all said it was of minimal importance because the cars are so rigid. With historics or possibly street cars it would be more relevant.

As for what Mrslfrsl is saying about temps and wear, I haven't tested enough to see that but it sounds like a positive step if true.

KeiKei, what you're saying about the wear model is dead on. It gives you a lot to think about even when you're out front and not being challenged. You always have to stay mindful of how you're using the tires now. I've raced it so much that I find it very hard to go back to sims - even great ones like GSC - that don't really have much in the way of tire management going on.

8. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Totally agree. That and Real Road make rF2 unrivaled for me.

9. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

Same for me. Have tried to go back to rF1 sometimes for particular mods but just... can't. Without the above it's just not the same.

10. tjc

tjc Registered

Yip, I`m in this boat too. I have done some rf and flirted with some others but nothing comes close to rf2 really.

11. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Default setups on both of them? If yes then are you sure it was the new version (deleted the old first)? I mean the difference is so huge that it simply can't be placebo! :)

12. Matt Sentell

Matt Sentell Registered

No, I tried it with our race setup from the 12-hour event we just did yesterday, so it would be apples-to-apples with what I had just spent hours and hours driving recently. It may be that it makes a bigger difference with the default set. The one thing I did notice is that the brakes seemed different, but I wasn't sure, and then I noticed in the build notes they changed them slightly. It seemed to be slightly more prone to getting inside lockup at turn entry, but it was subtle. The default setup is quite poor, IMO, or at least it was on the previous version, in terms of both balance and feel.

Anyway yeah, I deleted everything before installing the new stuff but you never know, could be something I did wrong. It says 1.43 when I select it in the car menu.

13. Miro

Miro Registered

I'd suggest you really to try another track Matt as Losail is quite flat. I noticed the differences at LD and Mid Ohio quite quickly.

I should add that I really haven't driven the old Vette for a long time and maybe I got really used meanwhile to drive like on eggs cuz of the prep time for every VWEC event. So maybe my driving changed too meanwhile.

14. William David Marsh

William David Marsh Registered

Wow... This update completely changed how I look at rFactor 2 now... I was driving it at Silverstone, and my first thought: WOW! This may pass iRacing for my favorite Corvette! Then I spun ironically when my T500's fan came on, and then my wheel felt weird, and super notchy, like I was over a constant rumble strip. My thought then: Oh snap, is my wheel dying?! Then I got out of the car and reset, and it felt smooth. Then I thought: That couldn't have been the tires flatspotting, that felt rougher than NetKar Pro, and didn't feel anything like the other ISI cars... I decided to do some tests, and in fact, it was the tires being flatspotted!

I can see this car really emphasize being smooth, despite the earth shattering torque! It is a beast, and you have to tame it, or else it will spit you out onto the grass, and laugh at you to boot!

I hate it, and at the same time, I love it!

Way to go ISI, on a great update! Right when Assetto Corsa was flirting with my racer's heart, you send an Ace and draw me back!

15. speed1

speed1 Banned

Nice perception of things mate, it's not something everybody is capable to. Yes u can feel the longitidunal torsion and rolling body influencing load distribution, changing efficiency of suspension and sway bars as well. The inert and damped forces u can feel as a difference in load between left and right under accel in the ffb while the car body is under tense, as well with stiff shocks when tires sticking lateral by cross forces while cornering. However, nice addition and great work it is and the cars feel much more free now but still not right in perception, or did i miss chevys flying tail at loughable speeds is normal at tha west, because i can't remember any heavy weight streetcar with power would do this with standard performance tires but the chevys are able to do so while snailing. And the nice constant accel wheels while already cutting drive off by zero throttle, no grip regain or slowing down wheel rpm by the diff, the more anything accels further by any magic until the car turns around is the most worse i've experienced.

16. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Why the hell'the default setup is so damn busted?! why the brake bias is 50:50 on the default setup?! the caster -5?! what?!
    the Camber -3.8?!

17. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Yeeehaaa finaly. Thank you so much

18. ucfquattroguy

ucfquattroguy Registered

Agreed. Kept wondering why the car was so touchy as I eased off the brake at turn-in. Went to something like 53% front and it helped. Might need to go further. I also had the feeling the car was WAY under-dampened...as it felt like the suspension was moving around way too much as the result of driver inputs. I also went a few clicks softer on both front and rear springs. Ended up getting down to a 2:03.6 at Sebring...but still not happy with how the car reacts to inputs. Meh. Oh well...

19. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Nice, both cars feel a lot better I think indeed.

I do have somewhat of a strange issue. I can't seem to get the steering rotation correct, rF2 may change it,
    'vehicle set' is checked but whatever I do, I end up with twice as much rotation ingame as my actual wheel in my
    hands does. This makes for some twitchy driving, I had to set the steering lock for the camaro to 13 degrees so I could
    drive like it should..

It has always worked before without failure, but now I simply can't get it to work anymore. Any ideas? Is this even mod related?

20. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

I was wondering as I read the update notes about the brakes (reduction in braking torque and cooling) whether It may have just slowed the C6 a bit over a stint. I raced the VWEC also in the Nissan GTR GT1 and in Bahrain I did some testing in the Vette to write a press breifing doc. It was actually a bit too good under brakes IMO compared to the GT1 when you consider it has iron brakes vs the Carbon/ceramics of the GT1.
    If only it happened a week earlier those pesky Vettes may not have beaten so many Gt1s