Released Chevrolet Corvette C6.R 1.43 and Chevrolet Camaro 1.3 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 13, 2013.

1. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

I am getting a very strange problem with both new updates... On track in both cars when I press down on the gas the car just rolls, and reaches its limiter and shifting has no effect, it just very slowly builds up speed. Anyone else?

2. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

now its happening to all cars... wtf

3. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

This already happen to me twice and every time related to setup of the car. Once in a strange way only happening when start to race in a Durges server (gears tab appears al N/A). And sometimes when i load a setup of another vehicle class.

4. Matt Sentell

Matt Sentell Registered

Fairly small changes in wheel rates can have a significant effect, and that's mentioned in the build notes. It was also mentioned when chassis flex was introduced that it would enable them to achieve more realistic wheel rates. I won't be able to try it myself until after the VWEC event tomorrow since this is the car I'm driving, but I'm sure it'll be an improvement.

I miss racing you, btw. :) We were racing the Meganes before the tire management came online. It'd be fun to see how we match up now.

5. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Well.. I did use the C6 once a long time ago to state an example, but in another context:) Anyway, I did some more races alternating between Ales' Vette and this ISI 1.43. It's just crazy how much difference I still feel is there between both cars right after having jumped over. Soon after you accustom though and it gets harder to perceive. Funny how that familiarizing thing works, and how difficult it makes it to define anything objective. The latest improvements are definitely noticable, but when then compared directly to URD's Vette it's still soapy:) Ales said the main difference between the cars is the 2009 and 2012 tires. If so, its a remarkable difference.

6. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

@Tim

Will the "historic open wheel challenge" also be updated?

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

With flex? Yes.

Sent using Tapatalk - excuse the short post, etc

8. JJ Addison

JJ Addison Registered

Off topic ......but when the heck are we gonna get a better pit box locator. Never see those arrows. It the one real thing that irks me. :cool:

9. elbo

elbo Registered

Every time I have to do this I am reminded what a colossal pain in the ass the mod manager is....cannot delete file because it is in use by xxx mod...AAARGH!

That being said thanks for the update.

10. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Uncheck components, check mods. Takes seconds to find what's using it and uninstall it before switching back and uninstalling the component.

Sent using Tapatalk - excuse the short post, etc

11. elbo

elbo Registered

I'll grant you a downgrade from colossal if you grant me an upgrade from a few seconds....

Would be neat to have something along the lines of 'this component is in use by the following mods...do you want to delete them also' option in a future build maybe.

12. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

After taking a few hours to reinstall everything because of the problem I listed above I got to drive both cars.. really great improvements the cars feel more alive now and you can slide them around and correct them its awesome thanks.

13. Miro

Miro Registered

To add a few things I noticed.

Tire degradation as mentioned already is less now. Tires are heating up faster but also cooling down faster. Managing tires is going to be easier as it's also easier to get even tire wear now. The slip range for the tires to stay in the optimal operating temps seems to be bigger but on the other hand the tires are more sensible when they overheat it seems. Just 110° and you loose lot of grip in corners. Affects wear also much more.

With a proper setup braking and accelerating is much easier now too. It's like it has more grip but the grip doesn't come from the tires but from the suspension somehow. Dunno how to describe it.

The car is deffo more stable and slides are easier to catch. Generally it seems faster to me although I haven't driven it for a longer time due to league commitments lol.

I like how the car bounces now and as said it affects the FFB which feels really good to me.
    Guess we will see more aggressive full fuel stints from now on which I like.
    The main thing which I like most is that the car seems to be much more alive now on and under the limit.

As said I liked the Vette already before but now it's just a step up. Fav car in rF2 :).

All in all I like it very much as said, great improvement. Can't wait for the finalized tire pressure/contact patch update. Looking forward to it. Curious to see if it will affect the grip in slow corners much.

Thx ISI.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2013
  14. FatCity

FatCity Registered

Little bit off topic, but, can you tell me where I can find that HUD pls, never seen it before in game like this.

15. FatCity

FatCity Registered

again, sort of off topic, but where can I send a pic of a glitch with the EVE F3 car, its a graphics glitch, probably already been seen to but ya never know, might earn me some insider testing...........:p

16. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

To me it's almost like a completely new car! :) Which makes me think ISI should include this new version in demo installer ASAP. To be honest didn't think old Vette was very good choice for demo (because it was basically so difficult to drive/manage tires) but this new version... why not!

Me too. :) Back then we drove like crazy hotlapping lap after lap but now it would be a totally different ballgame. I think the skill creating setups have become crucial as it's very important to make setup which leads to even tire degration (in longer races that is). And it's fun trying to adapt your driving to tires as it's kind of balancing in the edge of a blade: if rear tires overheat/degrade more than fronts it leads to more oversteering which overheats/degrades rear tires even more and you're in a big trouble. And of course same for fronts/understeering. So one needs to be aware of tire situation all the time and fix problems by constantly changing "driving style". Difficult and fun. :)

17. gabriel666

gabriel666 Registered

18. FatCity

FatCity Registered

19. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Wow! That's a great suggestion.
    I never thought of that before and it makes perfect sense.
    It always seemed like a giant PITA to look through my massive list...trying to find a particular mod to remove.

20. Gupster

Gupster Registered

Agree with that KeiKei!