any official final release date?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by williang83, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

We'll see... I see more and more people being fed up with the slow progress and for some, the eyes keep looking more and more at new interesting projects...

Wake up ISI, yay...

2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Actually I see basically the same handful of people saying they are fed up. There could be more fed up people that don't bother to post. But there could also be people that aren't fed up that aren't posting either. There are plenty of people happy with the sim that do post... more than there are complaining. In general people complain but rarely praise.

3. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

It has always been easiest to eff stuff up than make something brilliant.

I'll continue to voice my displeasement for sure untill I see something fundamentally (new car versions aren't cutting it) improving... I'm not satisfied with what I've gotten for my 85 dollars through 2 years. I'm not giving up though, I'll wait impatiently and voice my concern for my favorite sim-franchise.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2013
  4. pkelly

pkelly Registered

I'm kinda a lurker but I'm quite pleased with my rF2 install and the fun I've had from my $84 so far. Spent a lot more on junky programs that give less satisfaction and have felt used and frustrated by developer silence. I applaud ISI for their business like approach and efforts to produce the best product they are capable of. Communication to community members will always be an issue. "You can satisfy some of the customers some of the time but not all of the customers all of the time." Relax and enjoy what we've had the opportunity to experiment with in the last 2 years. rF2 is a work in progress - just like me ;-)

5. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

ISI don't admit. What disturbs? And many are unfortunate only that rF1 there was a BOMB! rF2 not bomb.
    Developers got confused in that that they do. Graphics, physics, new opportunities + one big service. Started remaking everything from scratch and to invent the bicycle. rF1 simple, and excellent platform, ingenious. Customize. Control. Connect.
    Make graphics kickback on gmotor2.0 (there are no shadows only and dynamic the sky) HDR is the final stage in visualization, refinement

In rF2 it can be constructed on DX9.

6. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

I had been waiting for a new bicycle for a while, so I'm very pleased. :$

7. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

That is very much how I see it as well. Always the usual suspects.

8. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

And I always see the same people dismissing it (ie other peoples opinion). Could be that there are like 100 of us so it's not difficult to constantly see the same names...

9. speed1

speed1 Banned

And i see a self destroying user base, just a question of time whith the current approach around.

10. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

To meet William83 ...

ISI to clarify that
    "rFactor2 is an evolving product, and as Such, we expect to be Adding cars, tracks and features for Many Years to come. We encourage people to purchase based on rFactor2 icts current features and content at the time of purchase."

So no surprise

11. UOPshadow

UOPshadow Registered

How often did you see me complain? Is it just a what should not be cannot be-situation for you?

A silly way to disqualify people with different opinions, don't you think?

12. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

AC?!

13. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

14. jakobdylan

jakobdylan Registered

everybody race with Ac for first time they have the senastion to have so much grip because they are usually to drive on sim like Rf rf2 or IrC where the cars seem slipping on ice, I reneamed these sims :soap sims :)

15. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I like AC and from the release of AC I haven't almost played rf2, but I think that race cars in AC have too much grip and some how arcadish!
    For example the car in the 2 videos above is the BMW GT2 with the default setup and even with less wing behind and with the hard racing tires and I was able to make the first curve in Silverstone with full throttle! even the F1 couldn't make that first turn with the full throttle! The same thing about the second video!

16. tjc

tjc Registered

More AC...

:confused:

17. Tony

Tony Registered

Yea Terence. you're right - this thread is about rF2

Now... to the dev guys at rF2: you've cracked it ..yea, the physics :D

That's why I'm here, & most likely why all others are here

So lets' polish it up a bit ..isn't this the easy (easier) bit?

Let's see our pitcrews.. let's have raindrops on the windscreen & working wipers on all the tintops. Let's fix the replays - generate more excitement with movement & close-in views, & let's fix those flippin' disappearing car-shadows!

There's other stuff that other people want I know, but those above bother me a wee bit - not a big bit, just a wee bit :D

I don't see myself as a moaner - I love rF2, & am planning with fellow admin-types leagues with it next year

Anyway, like a few others here, I think it's time to see the polishing cloth ..rub rub :)

18. JorgeANeto

JorgeANeto Registered

And the brown noses typing comments like that ↑

Not to mention the fake professors writing how they were ISI staff... Bored.

19. JorgeANeto

JorgeANeto Registered

I got another word for it instead soap. It's gummy too.

20. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Amen Tony :) Long time no see :)

You're absolutely right, those are amongst the things annoying me too :) And the AMD framerates or lack thereof :)