any official final release date?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by williang83, Dec 11, 2013.

1. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

"How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?"

2. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

My thoughts exactly Marc. Its irritating me hearing this guy lol

3. kotakotakota

kotakotakota Registered

A lot of information can be out of date, so the notion of there being books from the 80's still now is kind of irrelevant. Having been in the software scene myself long enough to see to that, I argue the industry moves too quickly for old information on development practices to stay in place. Remember that whole extreme programming phase back in the early 2000's? Or the related Scrum? There have been a lot of different things like that, just as different programming paradigms, languages, etc. have phased through. I reiterate, you might want to read up on the concept of the lean startup which is a hot topic these days in the entrepreneurial world. That seems to be in a lot of ways in line with what ISI are doing.

4. datanode

datanode Registered

People seem to be assuming some kind of waterfall development strategy.

I have my own thoughts on how ISI are developing the product, but only because it interests me. It is not my place to expect one thing or another.

I paid for a race sim, I got one. It has brought many smiles to my face, in other areas it feels more unfinished.

For example; I would prefer what we have now, wet weather, real road and drying line. Over an above holding back all wet weather features until, windscreen drops / standing water is implemented. Would we have got it sooner e.g. By now if the whole wether feature was bundled, maybe the priority would change but the restriction might mean we have no wet weather yet. Maybe we don't know the full extent of the issue.

What we have got is what was considered the most important features, both early on / continuously improved. I used this as an example because I think it is quite valid/current.

Every now and then I put a suggestion up, that is all I will keep doing. If you feel you want something explain the value it adds and why you feel it is important. Carry on enjoying rf2 and hope your explanation helps prioritise that feature via the powers that be / make the ultimate priority list.

Let ISI develop using their chosen method and we should focus on explaining the features you would like and why :)

When is it finished, I presume what people are really asking for is, will there be a milestone or marker that is defined by a list of features fully implemented. That point is a "final" release. Not sure that will fit exactly here, it can ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2013
  5. Bart S

Bart S Member

Is that the sharp end?

6. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

I will allow the head.

7. thuGG

thuGG Registered

None, they don't exist ;P

8. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

He will not stop at that.

9. JorgeANeto

JorgeANeto Registered

Just few words, I know nobody cares here since you'll only want to hear wishful talking and happy things.

I've spent 8 months in my life building a Interlagos FIA WEC version with the real topography surveying and it works perfeclty in rF1 and GSC 2012 / 2013. I've spend 1 more month to convert it to rF2, had to rebuild all track pieces because of the new materials, redo the lines to 3d instead of texturing on tarmac, and etc... The result in terms of FPS are so, so, so poor in comparison to rF1 (even getting rid most of 2048px textures) that I was forced to abandon the conversion. It simply doesn't support a complex track with so many buildings and provide a decent performance.

Tried in a GTX TITAN, same poor results.

If you guys think this base as it is will be used by Reiza or other producers, the simply answer is no. At least something dramatically changes in the graphics engine from here to the final version, can't see any future for this kind of expectation.

Have a good day, sirs.

10. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

I worry about work realroad. Here I see on the track all the errors and crashes, on wet road great trajectory in width of the machine, track.
    [​IMG]
    ISI work I do not like. Impression that one programmer and a pair of 3d builders + Tim. Progress is not impressive, the quality is low.

11. Bart S

Bart S Member

@DmitryRUS have you ever like anything ISI have done?

12. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Was my thought, re.Reiza their going to be putting their next release on their own software engine
    Sadly, (no rf1 or rf2 )

Some modding groups are becoming interested in AC I'm just hoping rf2 dosnt get pushed to the side

Re.rf2 a couple of really good builds could make it feel fairly polished, fingers crossed

13. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

rF1 and rF2 tires

14. jakobdylan

jakobdylan Registered

a lot of modding groups are intreasting in AC for that I could read on some sim website .....I think as soon as the Kunos will release his tools to create mod WE will see the end of Rf2 .....

15. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

[​IMG]

16. Domi

Domi Registered

That's my impression with this game, the development is so incredibly slow that they must really have very few people working on the game, let's say one guy doing tracks, another guy doing cars, another guy fixing code bugs, and that's all... this game brings tons of nice features, but almost all of them are still broken or way unfinished, with very little progress since the first build.

Obviously they can do whatever they want with their game, but it would be sad to see people leaving to other games due to the lack of development (or let's say slow).

17. jakobdylan

jakobdylan Registered

lol I am not a troll just another one very disapointed with rF2 ........and I am sorry I am not only one.......
    I bought Rf2 to day one when It was a beta or better alpha version .I waited with patience for two years the progress of this sim but I can't see the light out of the tunnel where is now RF2......

18. JorgeANeto

JorgeANeto Registered

In addition, forum admins should delete those stupid meme posts.

19. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I didn't think you where a troll, just the proclamation rf2 will end.

Its like when the Playstation was released and for sure PC Gaming was dead.
    It was dead again when the N64 was released. but definitely when the PS2 arrived and most certain it was the end of PC gaming when the xbox/PS3/etc arrived.
    Yet here we are, bitching at a PC developer, like many others are in other genres :)

Like Tolstoi said, great movements are never decided by single entities but by the movements and motivations of the masses. (rough translation, my Russian is not that good) so its not up to a single platform or single tools or whatnot that decides the future of any sim.

20. Comante

Comante Registered

Don't you think it's a bit premature to scream for the end of days ?