[REL] Corvette C6.r ZR1 2013 & C7R 2014/15 by UnitedRacingDesign July 2016

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Nov 29, 2013.

1. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Thank you SO much!!! :cool:

2. danielquattro

danielquattro Registered

3. nipzon

nipzon Registered

Thank you Ales

4. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Thank you Ales :cool:
    What a beauty :p

5. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Good work so far but here is my bug report. Two kind of slicks are looking like intermediates and lost body parts will be missed after the repair pitstop again.

6. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

I need to put some more time in yet. Only tested the C7, but it is amazing! Cannot wait for the rest of the cars!!

The 2 quick things I noticed, both pretty minor. I was in 38th place and it looks like it is just a little off for the 2nd digit. (Red circle)

#2, in the blue circle, are those numbers static or do those numbers pertain to tire temp or pressure? Did a series of donuts, and the numbers didn't change. Just curious.

View attachment 16695

Again great work! Looking forward to the rest!!

7. Minibull

Minibull Member

Very nice stuff, only had a few laps but a couple of setup tweaks got the car much more lively and easier to get turned.

8. Promag

Promag Registered

Is there a way to make a pic of the car show up in menu, great job by the way.;)

9. Minibull

Minibull Member

Ah yes, that would be one good thing. ISI started using this real neat looking screenshot background thing, the recent cars seem to use it. Makes it a lot nicer to see the various skins

10. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

+1 on the vehicle screenshot.

Chris, AFAIK, #2 is static. They are tire pressure readings on the real car, but as you mentioned you can do a burnout until the tires blow up with no difference, so they clearly either aren't working in game or are some other read out not tire related.

I've only tested the C7.R at Sebring so far, but man... cannot wait until the EGT update. I'm officially psyched. Car is an absolute dream to drive - tons of grip presented nicely, that fantastic rF2 feel for when the car gives up, a better balance in tire wear out of the box, a better balanced setup out of the box. I'm liking it a lot, plus it's gorgeous.

Also noticed (it felt this way to me at least) the tires were more varied, the softer compounds started to lose grip fairly quickly while the hards were more stable. But again, in that nice rF2 way where the way you drive actually has an effect on your wear.

Would like to see the cockpit display improved though, the fonts are so big and numbers get cut off.

11. Pedro Delgado2

Pedro Delgado2 Registered

@Empty Box Make one of those sensational videos that only you do with this mod :D

12. yusupov

yusupov Registered

too early IMO maybe after CPM

very nice car tho, almost seems like you make a mistake giving this thing away free :)

since were posting issues i guess ill post mine, i did the ring at night & the interior doesnt light up in any way, kills immersion somewhat

13. matf1

matf1 Registered

Tested C7R @ Sebring night.

Treating this as I do all rF2 content, as an constantly evolving product, it's evident Ales and his team have been busy behind the scenes.
    It's all positives for the first impressions, however the missing extra fidelity the new contact patch provides is immediately noticeable.

Noticeable stand outs:
    I was about to say engine sound, but really it is all the sounds with perhaps the exception of the tyres. A lot of depth and guttural feel.
    The very slight flex of the bonnet scoop that can be seen under accel/braking(I'm guessing a chassis flex hinge?)
    Brilliant range in the shocks(stiffen the front to be able to come off the brakes a bit tighter)
    Tis Beautiful ;)

This makes me very excited as it is clear that once the new CPM is in, this car and more than likely the whole URD package/s are going to set the bar very high indeed.
    I'd also like to think this will serve as a clear example to modders on the fence with this platform, what can be achieved with the incredible toolset provided to us by ISI.

On the negative, only three things:
    Headlight reflection anomalies on maximum settings.
    You need to know how to dial that under rotation out.
    Struggling with the lack of torque but not enough seat time to work out a compromise.

14. RNeves

RNeves Registered

After having a lap or two with the C7.R around LeMans, all I have to say is that I loved the physics of the car, despite the fact that I could really feel the absence of the new tire contact patch!

About the sounds, I don't know if anyone is having the same issue, but when the car is idling, I can hear some strange sound.

I'm sending a video of the sound so that you can hear it too:

Can't wait for the new tire contact patch and the new cars!!!

Cheers

Edit:

Oh and by the way, when applying zero steering, the virtual wheel seems a bit tilted to the right....

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2015
  15. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

Few more things :

C7R's rear lights don't light up during the day. (the daytime light position, when you have the lights off in rF2)
    Not sure if that is intended or not, I thought that was required (as is the front lights being on) but a few pictures it seems that they aren't on or are exceptionally dark. The C6R's rear lights are on when the lights are turned off, both have the front headlights "on" at all times as intended. Just thought I'd mention it in case the C7R's rear lights should be "on" when off.

C7R LOD pop in seems pretty bad on max detail. It switches to a lower detail model quite quickly and is really noticeable at times.

16. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Yes, need to adjust those textures. FOr the body parts. ISI needs to make DEBRIS parts fixable or i can just turn them off until that is done. I cant do anything about them to be repaired.

btw, are mirrors working for you guys as they should?

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2015
  17. UnitedRacingDesign

Im not sure if rear ones are mandatory as daylights. I have videos and pics from C7R and most of them are off, yet i have seen few pics that one rear light was glowing during day. As i use one texture like right side only, i didnt want to redo them if its not needed but i could add this.

18. UnitedRacingDesign

I just adjusted those few cut offs. I would like to make them more real but we are limited with rF2 sofar and some data to show up like we would want. Once that gets improved by ISI, i will for sure implent them.

19. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

i tried it last night, but the left one didn't move. didn't try the right one. Will test again today.

20. Andregee

Andregee Registered

I cannot adjust the side mirrors separatly. And did you noticed the some of the dry tyres are looking like intermediates. Ok its nice to confuse the competitors. But Most of all its very fun to drive. 4 dry tyre sets are very interessting