So hows AC for you?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nazirull Safry Paijo, Nov 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

What are you referring to? Are you saying there is a more "sim" version of the evora which isn't the one that was released to the public and that is the one he says is the end all be all? If so, is there somewhere we can get our hands on that version? What I am really curious about is if this sim is only dumbed down by the car physics and not the physics engine itself. Oh I can't wait until they release some more "sim" versions of cars that are harder to drive and then all the AC fans come back with a flipflop and say easy = fake and hard = real. Hahahaha.

2. williang83

williang83 Registered

LOL

3. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

Some of you must have some empty lives when you spend so much time in a thread trying to prove people wrong about a game you don't even own... You know who you are.

4. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I'm a terrible writer. :eek:

I meant the AC version is not the same car he owns. :)

I'm not flip flopping btw. Just pointing out that the reviewer had a very short time trying out "his car" in AC before coming to his conclusion. I'm out of this convo as it seems to have taken an aggressive tone.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2013
  5. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Rereading it now I see what you were saying. I think the problem was on my end though. Hahaha.

6. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

I agree. They're just wasting their time, especially since F355 Challenge will always remain the best of the best.

7. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

8. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Future of sim racing is in massive multiplayer online. And I don't mean iRacing.

9. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

"Drive to track X to collect 10 bear asses" That kind of MMO ? [​IMG]

Spend like 2-3h with the new update earlier, trying all the new Lotus' I skipped last week and extensivly driving around Silverstone. What a sim.
    The new McLaren is a real joy aswell, it can be really understeery but once u get how to manipulate it in the correct way with the diff etc it becomes so much fun.
    A bit odd they put the semi slicks as default tires on that since it's obviously a road car sold on road tires :p

It just sucks that everything you drive afterwards that is not AC feels so... odd. I just tried the F1 Historic server around Monza10K and it's just the weirdest thing I've ever felt the way that thing drives in the corners. I ended up driving it around the corners just quickly sawing the wheel from left to right (across the entire oval) to stop it from randomly yawing sideways.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2013
  10. williang83

williang83 Registered

Just read and it reflect my whole idea. If you search for old post of mine you will find that i already said that today game's like to add difficulties that does not exist. In fact in this thread i wrote about AC being too glued but at the same time rFactor being too losen. I've done track days and neither rFactor nor AC reflects completely my experience and that's not only due to missing G's but rather due to this race of artificial difficulties as is written in that article. But as a programmer and as the articles says it is not a matter of racing game but rather a matter of today video games generation, today everyone want to add some sort of hard missions and call them realistic. Take as example WARGAME SERIES, most people call that game realistic just because we have more real units and scenarios but that game is far from realistic, if you see most of missions you will find that they were developed to be hard and not realistic, units are made to be balanced and not realistic.

Again as a programmer and as a gamer i can say that the only way to solve this issue takes example of falcon 4 where someone uploaded the souce code on internet and the community started to mod it (core code) to provide the most realistic behave possible (with limitations due to the engine) and if compare the original falcon 4 with the current bms you will find that the game changed completely and if before it was code to help not experienced people, today the game is edited to be as realistic as possible, if you cannot play it then play something else.
    We have to remind that companies like ISI, kunos, iracing will always be a company so they need to money and we all know that extremely simulations and high revenues does not walk together....just compare call of duty revenues and arma revenues (not saying that it is the most realistic of all time but just to make a point)

11. Niksounds

Niksounds Registered

0.3 update released.
    The McLaren is a beast

12. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

Is that the pot calling the kettle black? :p

All joking aside, after reading about the new update, I gave it a go earlier too, and have to agree with you 100% about the maclaren, it IS fun to drive. I also tried a couple of the older cars, and noticed they were somewhat better now. Little things like wheels locking up, and the rear end actually willing to lose grip under power.

Todays update was definitely a step in the right direction.

13. williang83

williang83 Registered

I would like to add that i also enjoyed the video with Lotus 49 that can be find in this page and that reflects exactly the situation. You can clearly see that the car is neither glued as in AC nor is that unrealistic oversteering situation found easily in rFactor 2.
    One of the funniest things found in rF2 for me is that some old cars are extremely aggressive when accelerating and in the beginning when you have no experience you can spin in a straight at 3rd gear but soon you learn that and learn how to avoid it but that does not mean that the game became automatically realistic but only that you learnt how to deal with that layer of difficulty.
    It does not matter what others people says, i highly doubt that old cars were that loosen or else we would have much more death.

14. Johannes Rojola

No. I am thinking of fully simulated race weekends where there are mechanics, drivers, owners, pit crews, crew chiefs and all that, and all are played by real people.

15. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

They tried that in war simulator games when they were able to. Lock-on dev's released a sim where you could man pretty much any vehicle. Problem is there is a limited amount of people playing racing or lockon and no one wants to be in a tank when everyone else is in fighter jets. It doesn't work unless there are thousands of players, but even still no one wants to play the boring parts.

16. Johannes Rojola

There are no such thing as boring parts, it is all about execution. If game fails to make seemingly boring activity into interesting gaming activity, it is just bad game design.

17. baronesbc

baronesbc Registered

18. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

How's the frame rate in the mirror?

19. baronesbc

baronesbc Registered

the framerate in the mirror inside the cockpit cam is normal.. the view in the video is obtained starting from a different cam, you will get the best angles, but the quality of the cockpit is slightly lower, especially for mirrors and shadows

20. Minibull

Minibull Member

Yep. Sure I see how that sometimes makes sense. But I don't see that people would be keen to sit around in the garage waiting for the driver to come in after 30 mins on track, just for them to have a minigame for unbolting the wheels and putting new ones on. That kind of thing would push the title into further niche-ness in an already niche community.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.