So hows AC for you?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nazirull Safry Paijo, Nov 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. speed1

speed1 Banned

I see, one download active on steam actually.

2. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

3. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

Cool, I didnt know you can now full screen multimonitor videos on youtube across your three screens :D

4. Armando

Armando Registered

You can use higher values editing the PLR file -> "Auto Detail Framerate".

5. williang83

williang83 Registered

Funny too see that in this video the driver is turning the wheel a lot each corner but the understeer does not increase (IMO)....there is really something that does not convince me in this game.

6. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Well, it is not my best driving(first laps with this car) and this car is understeering a lot specially with street tires!

7. williang83

williang83 Registered

not criticizing you, for the first time you are driving fine.

8. williang83

williang83 Registered

By the way i meant that with that amount of wheel turn you should get much more understeer. There is many video of people doing incident due to excessive amount of wheel inducing too much understeer, so they get nervous and turn even further point the car straight to outside of the track.

9. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

You mean, if I exaggerate with the steering wheel turn the understeering could at a certain point become oversteering?

10. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

What he is saying is people tend to turn the wheel, if the car doesn't turn they crank the wheel even more which should create even more understeer. His observation of your video was that cranking the wheel really far doesn't appear to create additional understeer as it should.

11. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Ok, now I got it!
    I'm really not a bif AC fan, because I find almost all the cars(specially the sport cars) with a lot of understeering!
    the road cars, instead, are very natural to drive( the 500, the Evora S, the E90...)
    Here another video with the Evora S

12. williang83

williang83 Registered

Don't know if you are exaggerating to show us the understeer, in case you don't you shouldn't turn the wheel that much because surely you are inducing understeer. Remember we can separate case and effect of understeer in three categories (mechanical , aerodynamic and driver induced). AC cars already tend to understeer a lot, by turning that much you are inducing even more understeer (that's why you have a lot of understeer in this video). A good way and fast way to understand when the car start to understeer is to maintain a constant speed and car balance(not dancing with pitch), if you increase the angle of wheel turn and the lat G does not increase that means that you are inducing more understeer, instead if you are getting more lat G as you increase the wheel turn, then you still have some room. Besides, remember that if you increase that much you will not increase any car turn and at the same time you will request much more from the front wheels wearing those much faster.

UPDATE

You can clearly see that you start the corner with X angle and instead of starting to turn it to 0 you turn it even further forcing you to go even wider. If you calm down, avoid panic and keep or decrease wheel turn progressively you will see that you can complete the corner without having to lift the foot and more naturally.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2013
  13. Domi

Domi Registered

From an Evora owner (iRacing forum):

14. williang83

williang83 Registered

Lol these words are so commercial......marketing.... it could be only a fanboy or a kunos' employeer.

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

it must be horrible in your world :rolleyes:

16. williang83

williang83 Registered

Sorry i wasn't clear enough, i meant these

17. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I shouldn't be posting here since I think David is only trolling for arguments but that is a pretty strong review considering the short amount of time he had to try the sim version. The reviewer admits his version isnt the same as ingame version btw.

18. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

I think is more likely to be a fanboy. The latest version of them.

19. speed1

speed1 Banned

Finally something i like to drive with AC. Shortly tested the update with Formula Abarth on Mugello. I did some random clicks on the setup and drive. Some laps i needed to balance the FFB and with every turn as the car is more and more warming up and the tires developed, the driving becomes very immersive. The souroundings on the triple's are running very smooth as the whole software does on my sys. Sure there is just one car on track and the performance is similar to rf2 than and both are looking good already but to talk about AC here, there is a great improvement to feel for me with the T500RS. The input lag i can't notice anymore, at least the visual one.

This car feels great, altough i can't say something about the accuracy, it is a very immersive and believable drive. More with seating time.

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

How embarrassing this thread is.

AC Fanboys should go blow their horns elsewhere.

When you see me at another developers site going on and on and on and on about rF2
    it means hell has frozen over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.