So hows AC for you?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nazirull Safry Paijo, Nov 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Which will happen every time, with every thread, on almost any topic. You don't just see it with sim vs sim, you see it with those who think a sim has the right grip, or too little, can accept the gfx level, or can't.

It's the same argument in every thread, a few words changed here and there, but the same obsessive reluctance to go and enjoy themselves with what they do have and like, or to accept than someone else likes and enjoys something they don't. It's not just an issue in simracing, for sure, it's an issue with Apple and Microsoft, XBOX and PlayStation, everything.

It's something I'm getting tired of, but I know nobody can really do much about it, so I let threads like this happen, let them waste their own personal time having the same endless points thrown in either direction, then when someone finally snaps, I close it. I'm bored of it, but there's not much else can be done.

For you, as an end user, the best position you have is to find a favorite sim (which it sounds you have right now), and use it. Dabble in others, see how they emerge (especially the evolving ones like rF2, iRacing, AC, pCARS) over time, and jump ship whenever you have a new favorite.

Simracing is spoiled these days, there are a LOT of choices that I never felt I had, I guess I too don't really understand why people find it impossible to make a choice, and enjoy themselves. They'd much rather spend hours on a forum repeating themselves opposite someone who is NEVER going to change their mind for the same reason the other side won't. Perhaps if they spent that time actually running a sim they have negative feelings about, they'd change their viewpoint on it without having to listen to anyone.

2. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Well said Tim. Drive them all like I do. Change favorites every week, like I do. Find positive and negatives daily, like I do.

As Tim said, we are spoiled for choice and that will likely continue as more and more becomes available. Stop the point and counterpoint wasted time and have fun, like I do. :D

3. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

I wish more people would see it this way :)

4. tjc

tjc Registered

Couple of questions guys...

Where does AC save screenshots when taken in Photo Mode? Nothing seems to be in any of the folders I`ve checked...

Fraps works with rf2 and many other games/sims but doesn`t show with AC... :confused:

How do I remove the HUD (gears etc) from the bottom of the screen for screenshots?

(I`ve asked at the AC forum but had no replies...)

Thanks.

5. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

You can either click on the icon in the right "app" bar of click on the upper left corner (little AC logo) off the app in question.

6. thuGG

thuGG Registered

I take screenshots with F12, and they are shown in Steam application, then you can share them or open the directory containing them.

7. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

You will find screens taken with the F8 key, in the screens folder in AC under my documents. The AC screenshot key makes a camera sound and flashes the screen white. :) It only takes a pic of the screen but leaves out any menu or other on screen displays.

8. tjc

tjc Registered

Ahh right, thanks for the info guys.

I`ll experiment and see how I go. :)

9. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Agreed totally and can never get why so many throw all their eggs into one basket. I enjoy all 3 right now and will race them all. All 3 do something better and/or worse than the other. I get annoyed by blatent trolling and attention seeking posts rather than genuine concerns over something in any given sim. Go into a rF2 thread on VirtualR, it will be bombarded with AC or pCARS will crush this rubbish. Same applies with GSC, the engine is too old blah blah from the same names over and over. It's boring as hell.

Totally agree on being spoiled for choice and it's exactly why it baffles me so many announce whatever as being the messiah and everything else is irrelevant.

10. TJones

TJones Registered

This is the right attitude FONismo, totally my opinion.
    It's a huge benefit for us racingsimfans, to be able to choose between such quality sims.

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

What baffles you about individuals have different perception.

Why can't one sim be better then anything someone has driven.

I never said I do not like to drive other sims....... do not include me in your silly messiah complex

Okay

This is the problem with these threads all you so called experts prove nothing about nothing to me and many others you just keep banging on and on and still have to revert to belittling ie: like " messiah" to reinforce "your" view.

:p messiah lmao oh dear and you talk about others have the gall to say one thing is better, yet you are correct simply because you like 3 titles.

DO NOT WORRY ABOUT OTHERS OR WHAT THEY LIKE OK WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF !@ :)

dearie me lopl

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2013
  12. tjc

tjc Registered

Ok, Nismo can (and will I`m sure) talk for himself but I don`t think he was including you mate...

Nor trying to say he`s correct for liking three titles.

I think he`s simply saying why have all the BS about one`s better than another... just go and enjoy whichever you like. :)

13. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Complaining about complainers. Lol. Who is worse? The guy complaining about the complainers or the complainers?

14. 88mphTim

The complainers. That was easy.

15. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Everyone is worse!

16. 88mphTim

I thought it was one of those riddles. If everyone is a complainer, the complainers ARE everyone. And that was my answer. :) I answered every question at school like it was a trick question. ;)

17. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Nice. I'll try that when I start a Master's next year.

18. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I'm going to file a complaint with my ISP about all these complaints and complainers.

19. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

You're worse too!

20. Niksounds

Niksounds Registered

So hows AC for you?

FUN!
    [video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFyzsHaw46M[/video]
    Thanks to Reeno of drivingitalia for this example recorded.

i go to play now muahah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.