So hows AC for you?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nazirull Safry Paijo, Nov 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Led566

Led566 Registered

Just to understand, are you talking about this sim:

Or this other sim:

Because the degree of abuse on the front tyres is pretty the same...and know what...they behave pretty the same...is this incredible or what?

And yes, while I'm having VERY hard time to understand the unproven theories some people are promoting here and there I'm also having lot of fun racing with rF2 (for sure my favourite sim for many years to come) AND Assetto Corsa. ;)

2. Led566

Led566 Registered

Maybe because we already know that reality feels "grippier" than sims, any sim?

Ask the guys at Top Gear?

3. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

Published on Sep 13, 2012

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

LOL so funny, especially at 4:30 AM and severely lacking sleep lol

How do I get .gif pictures to work??? Doesn't show the animation, it only comes up as a pic, 1 frame.....

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2013
  5. Domi

Domi Registered

Like if it is 2006, I'm not complaining about neither AC or rF2, they just do that stuff right imo. Stupid front angles = front grip loss.

6. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

Adrian, you do know this adds just as little as the posts you complain about right?
    People are discussing AC without posting stupid internet memes so let's keep it that way

7. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Are you comparing full throttle Zonda with braking and middle throttle at same time in F2? omg... that's totally weird. In F2 is being tested other things, braking and preshing throttle at the same time.

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

how many here have driven a Zonda? just curious

9. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Me, and I like It :eek:

It's one of few cars does not feel so weird for me... has something strange like others and also feels "easy" (I will not explain again what I mean, I did enough before and in older thread), but far from be a bad car, It's fun drive It.

10. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Hahaha... It looks like you need to be more specific and add, "in real life".

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

lol yeah!

12. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Yeah... you should add that point... :D

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

it just makes me laugh reading comments from people (not nessecarily here but other forums too) who keep banging on about HOW a certain car SHOULD drive yet they have NEVER driven that car in real life! Only opinions I trust are the Devs themselves and the racing drivers that talk about racing the Sim, even then every real life (racing) driver is different :p

14. speed1

speed1 Banned

After GT pretty much the best i've ever experienced with the pad. I like to relax with it on the sofa.

15. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I don't even trust the drivers unless they have spent enough time with sims to adjust to the lack of gforces. Any time I have one of my real life racing friends over to the house we usually do a few laps and they normally can't stay on the track for a full lap. But some of them stick with it long enough to adjust and then they are fine. Some of them even come back to me later wanting to know what they need to buy to get started. So they go from, "this sucks, cars don't drive to this" to "now that I am used to it I am really impressed". You can't just go into the padocks and pull a driver aside to do some laps and expect anything other than, "this car needs more grip". Unless the driver has sim experience already and has learned how to deal with the lack of gforces. If you keep adding more and more grip to your sim simply because an unadjusted real driver says so, you end up with GT5.

16. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Ive had the complete opposite experience. The real life racing guy I know was almost instantly on the pace with me the first time we ever played. He would consistently be only 2 tenths behind in PB. As mine would improve, his would, always only about 2 tenths behind. We kept going back and forth.

I know what you mean about the lack of sim experience, because not only did he say the car was perfect just like his real life version, but it was so good that he didn't even want to touch the setup because it was perfect the way it was. So ya, there was still a layer from reallife to sim that he couldn't see yet since I highly doubt the setup was that "perfect" for pure laptime point of view.

17. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Now some other person will say you are Pastor Maldonado´s friend or real life experience means nothing when compared with semi-professional sim racers (which i believe).
    If i could give an advise to both ISI and AC development team, it is one supposed from Henry Ford:
    “If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.”

18. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Well I am not saying they were not fast, it just took some time to adjust to what "feels" like limited grip. Keep in mind this was also with rF1. I haven't had any partys lately where any of these guys were invited.

19. williang83

williang83 Registered

I wonder how a skip barber would behave in AC. There is enough video on internet to understand that the real life behavior resides between rfactor 2 and iracing (didn't want to say which one is the closest by purpose). I guess some people would still argue that they are not supposed to lift oversteer, that's not real. XD

20. osella

osella Registered

Yes! That would be very interesting.
    That thing is pretty damn hard to drive in rf2. Now if that car would be trivial to drive fast in AC we could be fairly sure AC is broken because almost *everybody* spins skip barber in his first time, both in rf2 and real life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.