So hows AC for you?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nazirull Safry Paijo, Nov 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

A good time to close another AC thread ? ........

[​IMG]

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I don't mind people discussing other sims, in fact I would quite like to read a thread where people were doing that, but they aren't. They're too busy dismissing others opinions about another sim, to talk about the sim.

3. williang83

williang83 Registered

It is funny how tim reads almost everything here, also those stupid posts.... poor tim....respect

4. williang83

williang83 Registered

Oh hell no, please don't be rational. And you are starting a new flames.

XBOX sucks because it focus too much on entertainment and lacks of 1080p in some games.
    PS sucks because they don't offer enough entertainment features like xbox does.

Microsoft rules because WP is lighter and they sucks because they own most of PC share.
    Apple rules because IOS is better, mac is better even if you pay 3 time what you should pay..

kidding guys, those might or might not reflect my real point of view

5. Domi

Domi Registered

Really? On this video this guy is approaching a hairpin in straight line, turn in and smash the throttle, while most of mulero's clips he starts with 90ยบ steering or more (so already starting with less grip on the fronts) and sometimes using too high gears.

I have had "moments" with the Abarth both on throttle and off throttle and I wasn't doing it on purpose, including also small corrections on mid corner... I've already spammed enough with videos, but they are there. Videos of the real car only tells one part of the story, at the moment there isn't any kind of dynamic track conditions and so, while on a real track, temperature, humidity, wind, etc, plays a big role too, same with the car setup (all the racing cars have supersoft slicks and mega safe power differentials).

6. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Thanks for the video Thugg. As my English is very bad here you can put one copy / paste of what it says Esteve Rueda.

I just would like to add to what has been said that all slides are exiting the pits with cold tires. In the second round is much more complicated (yet) cause oversteer.

Of all ways that video has made me doubt that there was something broken in my installation, I have mounted the wheel and entered the game to check. In Magione there is less grip than in other circuits, at least in Vallelunga which is where I was doing all the tests.

So thanks, at least I could see that my game is not broken out since I am able to replicate as cars react to your video in Magione, but Vallelunga behave exactly like in my video.

7. thuGG

thuGG Registered

You must have TC on. Try CTRL+T a few times (set it on, then off again).
    I just checked Vallelunga and I can do slides and drifts with M3 e92 and e30, with no problem at all. check TC settings.

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

There was/is a bug which means even if you deselect ABS/TC in the options menu when in car it still selects level 1, doing as thuGG says helps double check you have them off. (ctrl + A for ABS)

9. Black75

Black75 Registered

Guys, i never had the time to discuss more here, 'cause there's nothing to discuss.
    I saw a guy glued on track
    I saw a guy sliding
    never changed in both opinion and never will change... and maybe there is no rational reason for each to change the mind of the other.
    Someone shared some good point usefull to start a real talking... but nobody was really interessed to hear what he said.
    I found very interesting a comment on the difference of tyres behiviour, and i think that the real comparison 1st of all must be done with the previous Kunos release (my personal opinion). But here is quite impossible to discuss this or other points in a constructive way... there's only the love for "simwar".
    Plus... who want to read because is unsure if buy AC, as second Sim to have on his hard drive (if read this i assume that he bought rF2), had no chance to comprehend somthing on it.
    The only and last thing i had to notice is that... why people still using an older build of AC (the same reperible "where the small stream flowing"*) and don't try the last updated version that Steam upgrades automatically at launch? Maybe there's not need of a genious to figure that from a build to the following somethings could be changed... and the change of the last update coincidentally are about physics. I hope people who love talking so much have his own purchased copy of AC. Stop.
    Now, really, as said from one of the previous guys: why ther's need to use violence on the people brains imposing its own voice HERE, the Home of ISI's products?
    Assetto Corsa have it's own forum, go to annoy Kunos, i continue to find disrespectful opening HERE 3ds on "what is AC for you?" "AC vs Scilla&Charibdis" "this sim sucks my preferred is the best"! but not for the thing itself, just because after a few pages starts always the same simwar.
    And for real: to guys as me (i hope a lot) who bought both products and can follow both progressions... what ever may be interested to know the final score of the simwar? Nothing.
    Here, it would be nice to concentrate up to the extreme on "our" rF2. or am I wrong?

*metaphor

10. thuGG

thuGG Registered

But the problem with your video is that you have TC ON. So how can you even discuss? Turn off TC and check the cars again.

11. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Personally i find the roas cars in AC( the 500, E92, E90, 2-Eleven....) more natural to drive than the supposed sport cars like the 458 and the Zonda!

12. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

That's a problem. Some people don't own but one of the games out now but still write about them. Some are just defensive of either, and it's to be expected that this being an rF2 forum there'll be a heavier bias to it (in some cases a bit more extreme). But again, it's an rF2 forum. Usually people only frequent the forums when they're interested in the game or if they've been around it for a while, so the vast majority here does favor or like rF2, but the number of those of us who can easily accept more than one game can be good and have flaws, is exponentially smaller.

The best thing to do is overlook nonsensical posts, those making claims that are absurd/unrealistic/without any proof. I've never seen a person change their stance regardless of proper argument so it won't be one forum post that'll change it. Sometimes it's difficult to resist posting a reply but to get around that I just find myself adding repeated offenders to my ignore list. The forums are so much better (including on topics where they provide terrible commentary or feedback on WIP stuff)!

13. kro388th

kro388th Registered

14. baronesbc

baronesbc Registered

Also the 458 and the Zonda are natural to drive :) :

15. Mulero

Mulero Registered

The TC is always off by disconnecting from the menu, the ABS is active in the cars that carry it in reality. It's the first thing I checked to see the strange behavior of the car in acceleration.

See that you are overpost with the TC ..... TC IS OFF. It is more, in the Formula Abarth can neither activate ....

16. thuGG

thuGG Registered

Hmm, guess I must have read it on some forums. Well, I stand corrected and I'm sorry!

@Mulero
    There is/was a bug in AC that even when you selected PRO settings the TC was still activated, so you had to press CTRL+T to disable it. I can do slides easily with the cars you shown on video. Do I have to do a video on Vallelunga?

17. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

:)

18. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Fwd race cars have lots of life oversteer. You lift, wait for it to rotate and then get back on the throttle enough to stop the rotation. I was very impressed with the Clio myself. FWD road cars are nothing like FWD race cars.

19. tjc

tjc Registered

Nice lap wajdi. :)

I`m seeing two "lines" on either side of the windscreen, a liitle bit in from each side that cause a "ripple " effect when passing the trackside objects. Especially the pit buildings etc...

What`s causing that? Is it a known AC bug or something to do with triples?

20. Mulero

Mulero Registered

I repeat again, I have not had the problem you say with the TC, the car behaves just like playing on pro mode that turning off the TC being on track.

If it makes you illusion making the video, do it. But well as I do I did, onboard camera, hot wheels, app pedals, g_forces app, not on slides, which we all know to provoke, if not oversteer produced by excess pressure on the throttle at the exit of curves, which is what I'm talking about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.