So hows AC for you?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nazirull Safry Paijo, Nov 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. williang83

williang83 Registered

By the way i forgot to point that the default temperature is 17 degree Celsius, with that temperature i should struggle a lot with the some cars when pushing hard but still there is just too much grip

2. Black75

Black75 Registered

uhm.... no, you can't! ;)

3. thuGG

thuGG Registered

Racing cars are oversteery as default? Who told you that? You think racing drivers like when the back steps out?
    Lotus 49 is a bit understeery on entry when you drive too fast into a corner, but it's very manageble and with proper throttle modulation it's neutral or you can force oversteer. Did you drive version 0.2 or 0.1 because it makes a difference.
    With F Abarth I have most experience on Magione and no way it underseers like a boat, you can easily power oversteer this thing and it's pretty neutral on entry (or understeer when you drive too fast into a corner).

It's sad that people think that proper simulation is when the back is all over the place and additionally there is no feeling at all why or when that happens.

4. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Actually it is the other way around.

The colder it gets the faster you can go if you are able to bring your tyres up to the oparating temperature.

That's the reason why F1 cars are usually faster during the winter tests than they are during season even with more development and better understanding of the tyres.

Remember if you are able to warm up your tyres to the right temp, the colder the track is the faster you can go (more grip).

5. williang83

williang83 Registered

sorry i mean understeer

6. williang83

williang83 Registered

Actually from what i know there is a temperature and pressure range. Outside that range there is no grip, in case of slight above you still have good grip but you wear the tyre faster. That's why no one beats records on winter with the same car at the same technology

7. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Agreed :)

8. Led566

Led566 Registered

From an engineering standpoint the number I see on the G meter are absolutely plausible.

In fact my Audi A4 Avant (2.0 TD!!!) sustains more than 1 G lateral on skidpad and this this could means more than 1.2 G's peak.
    A 997RSR street legal sustains on skidpad 1.2 G's lateral and this could means more than 1.5 G's peak on road tyres?

"During the last 24 at The Ring we pulled 2.8G's" - Jim Glickenhaus on his Ferrari P4/5 (I believe, I hope, 2.8 G's lat + lon combined...)

Just to understand: for you the reality is wrong because is grippier than AC that, in turn, is grippier than your fantasy?

And no, I'm really unhappy to disillude you but, the G's that rF2 can pull from his cars are perfectly in line with the reality AND with AC.

9. thuGG

thuGG Registered

Jesus, this video above is with AIDS ON. You can easily power ovesteer these cars shown in the video (especially from low speed). I guess I need to learn how to capture videos.

10. Black75

Black75 Registered

muhahahah, oks the easiest and faster way is to use FRAPS! then reprocess the output vid with Windows Movie Maker and upload on YT!
    :)

11. Mulero

Mulero Registered

The video is not made to compare G-forces, was to show how aggressive you can be with the throttle without any consequences.

I said that the video was recorded in expert mode and standard setup, with no change in any car. The only help there is ABS, since the game leaves it turned on cars that carry it in reality.

You can do the same test, it does not lie in something that anyone can replicate.

There are better cars and there are worster cars, the Z4, Lotus Elise, the M3 GT2 and Formula Abarth are horrible. It is impossible to produce oversteer at low speed only stepping on the accelerator.

The only moderately credible cars are E92 M3 and the 458 Italia, but also have a totally exaggerated grip.

Recording a video is very simple, you just need a program like Fraps, MSI Afterburner, Dxtory, Action ....

12. thuGG

thuGG Registered

@Black75
    I'll try to make a video today with different cars.

@Mulero
    I will prove you wrong. You either have something broken in settings, enabled TC or other helps.
    In the evening I will try to record a video with various cars.

13. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

I can ensure Mulero has no aids, I did something similar to test grip, and yes, G forces are OK, but how easy is to achieve that grip is strange, not correct.

Even in GT5 you can achieve realistic lateral G forces (and you can also match some telemetries, this does not do GT5 a hard sim), but is the way you achieve that grip what matters. In other sims you have to balance the car, work with gas and brake pedals, balancing the car with every micro movement, and working with steering, if you use wrong inputs you will break grip. In AC you achieve grip with no effort, you turn your wheel and car has magical grip, you will not achieve more or less Gs than real life, but you have not to work to maintain optimal grip levels, It's so forgiving with aggressive and brainless wrong inputs.

14. thuGG

thuGG Registered

You are simply wrong. It's not pedal to the medal and grip. You have to balance the car properly like in other sims. The big difference is that in AC it feels natural and over the limit it is controllable as oposed to other sims and just like in real world.

15. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Did you see that video? you said It looks like he had aids, and he had NO aids, and I know he did not used aids because I did the same tests, do you see?

And if you see a perfect grip in an onboard video... is only becuse they are proffesionals, there is also videos with GT cars losing grip in weird situations, situations can't be reproduced in AC because of forgiving handling. I need to repeat again, you have to work to find the grip (as in many sims), the car will not give you tons of grip by itself if It's not balanced (as showed in Mulero's video).

I posted lots of videos in previous thread about how easily a car can lose grip if you are doing something wrong, even smaller wrong inputs can kick your ass.

16. thuGG

thuGG Registered

I see, I see. I also see that these cars don't behave like that, because I have AC and drive it every day. I will make a video showing you these cars don't behave like on the video above. Wait till evening.

17. Mulero

Mulero Registered

@Thugg

The video was recorded with the 0.1.2 version, you can assure that the TC is totally disconnected since got tested activating it to see if there any problem with the set, it was completely impossible cause oversteer even with the most powerful cars.

I wish I had something broken and that was the problem because right now this game is of no use to me, but I've been testing on the computer of another person and the behavior of the car was exactly the same as mine.

It's a shame because this game has very good things like the sensation of weight in cars, weight transfers, suspensions ... It may not be as serious and complete simulation RF2 as can be, but has very good and because of this excessive grip on the tires I do not enjoy the game in any way.

18. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

It might just be me, but the more opinions vary, the more curious about how it drives I get!

19. thuGG

thuGG Registered

Then try it again. Make sure you have PRO settings on, and TC off (CTRL + T). Or wait till evening, I need to get back from work, learn how to capture videos, make some shots, merge it together into one video and upload to youtube. I don't know how much time it takes.

Obviously I will use the latest version - 0.2.1, since it updates itself.

20. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Good one ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.