So hows AC for you?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nazirull Safry Paijo, Nov 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Dynamic simply means changing (more literally, constant change), no? It's a bit of a stretch to be annoyed at that one really if it changes, however those changes come about. This is probably an issue of people having expectations more than the AC devs saying something, I guess.

2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I'm finding the psychology of people being annoyed at others simply because they think that others should share the same opinion as they do. ( it's not so bad on these threads I'm happy to say )

I'm very disappointed with AC (so far), but if some are enjoying it then good for them, they have more choice of titles than I do -there's others that do share their opinion so their not alone , neither am I , there's no critical problem (-;

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Well I hope you not including me in this I did nothing but smile and wink in here.

I will have to pop over to all the developer sites of the sims that I like and/or have installed and start some bs rfactor2 threads and vilify someone in the opening.

Rather shoot myself in the foot with a nail gun.

Yes tjc you are right big yawn mate.

4. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

It's just that they really love rf2, and are afraid of people leaving it behind.

5. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

The brake was literally applied at like 10%, if even, it was basically just touching the pedal to make myself feel good lol. I know the FWD Fiat Abarth can do this, but you really need to try hard to do it and brake hard, I literally barely touched the brake and barely gave it any steering angle. It shows just how lively and sensitive a car's 4 corners are when on the limit and that teeny TINY control inputs can make a big difference to the cars slip and how its moving about under it's 4 contact patches, where as in AC you don't have to have this super sensitivity to grip and control inputs because everything is more forgiving, the limits are still there and you still get it wrong obviously and that's why I say it is 85% sim still (in my opinion) but that last 15% is this layer of insensitivity to all the little tiny details that cars do when driven hard.

4 guys are taking the exact same corner, at the exact same speed, in the exact same car. The sensitivity of the car when driven really hard and the tiny details in physics fidelity make one guy spin off, another guy oversteer, another guy look like he's on rails, and another guy look like he's on the limit fighting the car. All 4 drivers experience something different from their car based on all the teeny tiny differences they use in their throttle/pedal/steering inputs. It's this "dancing" on the edge that racing is all about, and I just can't experience this much in AC.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2013
  6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hiya

No not so much here (I didn't read much of the last thread that was closed, I have read some blazing arguments on another titles thread , if AC becomes a big success I think it will be good for the other top titles
    which in my mind is rf2 / Iracing each has it's own strengths & weakness's, a flashy looking (replays) sim could attract more people in then I'm sure most of which will want 1 or 2 more sims if they stick with it ......shame gsc2013 isn't getting more recognition at the moment -timing hey

Spinelli -agreed

7. coops

coops Banned

AC its not. maybe in 2yrs i will think about it or when it can at least perform along side the latest sims, From a lot of posts i have read here and elsewhere AC is behind the 8ball big time.

8. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

@kro388th Good post.

9. smithaz

smithaz Registered

I see no reason why AC will develop any quicker than the others as a lot of people expects. They try and hype it up by saying they're releasing things every fortnight but no specifics, so far we have seen some cars that we're presumably already ready and an elusive feature that I didn't see from a glance.

10. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

gsc2013 is great I'm sure- like gsc2012 was. But it is a rF1 mod and nothing more. Now to those who say it's so much more than a rF1 mod because they did such and outstanding job... Every rF1 mod has changed physics and things to make it unique. gsc2012 is just one of the best rF1 mods out there. It's not a slight towards gsc or Reiza. But that game (no rain there either) can't be considered a next-gen sim. It's heart is a last-gen sim and it has the same features the older gmotor2 sims have.

It's just too bad that we find out that AC won't be much better. I still can't get over that there's never going to be night racing or any real realroad.

11. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hiya guy,
    I don't have gsc2013 either but I hear good things, 3 titles is enough for me, rf2 & Iracing keep me going
    ( AC might come good at some point in the future who knows ), +also as it's based on rf1 after getting use to rf2 it might not be the best move ( I'll give the demo a try though )

Smithaz

Agreed, they could have held back some content for the wow factor for the first few updates etc,
    We'll have a better idea in about 3 months time, after the hysteria has worn off I still think they capture a decent sized market.

These ISI servers are a good move ( linked to that live thing ) after a few more builds/fixes ISI should consider an official
    range of servers for which there is a small subscription ( the few that are there now stay though as casual & free of charge for those that do not want to pay or interested in points/official league etc ) for those that want a points / division system, if promoted correctly I think it could be a success.
    Would attract more people in too IMO

12. osella

osella Registered

LOL That is a beautiful qustion. You get rid of the advantage and guess what happens.. you don't have the advantage.

That's like saying: my engine offers 50% more power. But what's the advantage if I never use the throttle!?

13. osella

osella Registered

Ah how nice of you, calling somebody more experience/more passionate/more insightful a nerd. It's popular these days.

There is nothing wrong with comparing one product with another. Not everybody has to like everything without thinking about it. It's actually comments like yours that lead very quickly to closing a thread, comments from Spinelli and others are simply their opinions on the software, nothing wrong about that again.

Why do I even react to this, damn.

14. thuGG

thuGG Registered

Haha, wow. The real road is being implemented, even now there is a graphical representation of real road in AC and it will be also in physics. Night is also planned. So please don't lie.
    So yeah it will be much better than it is now.

15. osella

osella Registered

Few posts ago there was a post where Kunos said that real road will be purely graphical in AC.
    Night is planned but is low pirority - we all know what means "low priority". Usually means several YEARS, if ever (*cough* like proper clutch in all sims).

16. Black75

Black75 Registered

What i don't understand is why nKpro and live4speed were well appreciated by community even without all the features (the same) it seems there'll not be in AC.
    But over all, i can't understand why in the rF2 forum must be several and cyclic threads on a non ISI sim that they all end up in the usual sterile comparison... and sometimes in disputes between users worthy of consolewar between Sony and M$ fanboy totally in love with their Ps3/4 or Xbox360/One.
    And imho, but just imho, this is very not respectful thing, first against Tim&ISI staff.
    As it would not be respectful of Kunos or SimBin to open 150 threads in their forums on how to rF2 is more comprehensive than their products.
    I understand that here it want to give everyone the opportunity to express his own opinion, but things should not go beyond that, putting on the table what it offers a product and what it offers the other, but without going over and falling into the ridiculous by ruling "that product just like those who do not understand anything about real racing "or something similar. Not only that: groped to respond to sentences like these, then people (maybe even myself) is forced to look like a blind supporter of the "opposing" team... when they would only be able to enjoy both (or more) products and what they offer (that's different is good, otherwise they would overlap) without attracting unnecessary criticism.

17. williang83

williang83 Registered

Let's face the fact. nKpro had the best tire simulation without any adversary (compared to rF1 and iRacing), so from a new version of the game that comes years after an old version you would expect a huge step forward but that's not the case. Sometime it seems a step back but as i said we should give them at least 6 months before crucify them.
    But we must face that the war horse of kunos (tire engine) became the worst part of their game. The question here is, is that because their base setup are too prone to understeer and you are limited to what you can do on the car(in terms of setup) or did they messed up their engine trying to improve it?

18. Black75

Black75 Registered

Well, an important thing to put in count is that the department developing physics for AC is not exatly the same who developed for nkP... Your question is a good one.

19. thuGG

thuGG Registered

They didn't mess up anything. Road cars understeers more, because they are road cars (and the guy who drives and races Lotus 2-11 says that it's spot on), but they can be oversteery if you want. Racing cars aren't understeery.
    Your imagination or refusal to see what the cars are really like are astonishing.

20. williang83

williang83 Registered

I guess that we all know that a road car prone to understeer and racing cars prone to oversteer but you cannot deny that both the formula abarth and the lotus 49 still provide too understeer even if they ARE NOT ROAD CAR.
    You wrote "our imagination or refusal to see what the cars are really like are astonishing", i guess that i can say the same to you when you have racing cars in this game but still no lift oversteer (as example).

However i give up, some people are just facing the reality and sticking to it, others are just against AC and complaining also on those good things that AC delivery and others are too defensive in relation to AC and deny even facts and fall easily contradiction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.