So hows AC for you?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nazirull Safry Paijo, Nov 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thuGG

thuGG Registered

LOL, what an explanation. It does work, but it works in a wrong way (accalerated) so for now it is broken or half finished.
    Rain? I raced with slicks on rain with no problems. I guess it was some very dry rain.

2. smithaz

smithaz Registered

The 458 in game is in no way as dynamic as this. Comparing super clean laps is not a good comparison.

3. Black75

Black75 Registered

hahahahahahahahaha... no please, stop... i'm going to die for too laugh!!!!! :D

by-the-way, everyone has the right to share his personal opinion, the important thing is that i (everybody) can find my fun "hotlapping" on the arcade AC and racing on rF2 sim all in the same evening! :D

4. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Interesting because I have experienced crazy slow laptimes in the rain without rain tires. Sure you can drive the track with slicks if you tiptoe around the track, just as you could in real life. I don't see anything broken here.

5. JorgeANeto

JorgeANeto Registered

Not to mention the FPS break down when it's raining. A race start under those weather conditions is simply unbearable. rF1 didn't have rain, so is it not a racing simulator either? I don't think so. I prefer the eternal sunny rF1 day better the half-cooked rF2 rain.

6. thuGG

thuGG Registered

You can also overdrive the car like on the video, don't worry.

7. Domi

Domi Registered

With a similar laptime I'm under 1,2G all the time, and usually only over 1G with very short peaks.

8. baronesbc

baronesbc Registered

lol in the second part of my video a drove in the same way as Alonso, it is easy to trigger oversteer, you just know how to do

9. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

It requires Steam and it has magic brakes.

10. JorgeANeto

JorgeANeto Registered

It's important to mention Ferrari 458 has 4 or 5 driving modes, from totally assisted with TC / AS and others to totally manual without any aid (probably the selection by Alonso on this video), so we have to check if the in-game 458 has any preset, I've heard the Z4 BMW has "non-off" assisting which you can't switch it off even you want.

11. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

That's Inside Sim Racing levels of legit right there.

12. thuGG

thuGG Registered

F458 in AC has 4 TC settings + off.

13. Domi

Domi Registered

There are 2 funny things of this video, one is 1:32, when Alonso tries to powerslide the car, but fails, and the car regains grip instantly and comes back to it's initial position (one usual complain here), then in the 2nd attempt he is more agressive with throttle and can put the car sideways. Second one is the understeer he gets at 3:54 when carrying too much speed into the corner, another classic complain. Truth is that most of the under/oversteer behaviour is due to driving inputs.

14. Gonzas

Gonzas Registered

Yup! autoupdates automatically, even those little 4 mb updates , who came a sunday and fix various things.

even on steam if you want to try a soundset is......DRAG AND DROP!!! and if you dont like it ..... DRAG AND DROP AGAIN!!! ,for lazy people Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V works too.

and brakes are perfect, disable the ABS with Ctrl+A on those street cars who got it activated by default.

15. thuGG

thuGG Registered

Another advantage over rF2, it updates itself. I was pretty tired of not working updater in rF2 and getting it all together by hand.

16. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

This and also Steam Workshop is better than any other way of distributing user made content. ALL players are on Steam.

17. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Nope, it is a half sim. It is not dynamic, no flatspotting, you can lock up the wheels into corners with no penalty, no rain and static realroad which changes very little.

Yesterday I was in an online race when rain started coming down late in the race. Everyone had issues witb grip (Loch Drummond, BES cars) and had to pit for wets with 15 min left in the race. My FPS didn't drop an appreciable amount (tbh I didn't notice any at all) and afger the safety car hit the pits we had to race on a drying track with slicks (we all pitted for slicks once the rain ended and the SC came out). The race ended with the leader and 2nd place spri ting to the finish. The winner got the lead when the car in front went wide at the top of the hill with the slow left hander and he got into the wet track off line where it was dry.

It didnt feel at all broken to me

18. Miro

Miro Registered

Trying to be objective IMO AC is a very good sim, will bring loads of new simmers in to the genre, I hope.
    The basics are very good done and the cars behave as they should for the most part. There is nothing really wrong with it.

But for my taste it is to grippy. As for the physics compared to rF2 they lack of depth. It's all good but it is more forgiving than rF2 and a few things stay without consequences where they should be some.
    The way you drive the cars is basically with all the cars the same.
    You can throw the cars very in a very aggressive manner through the corners without being afraid you'll get punished where you should get punished. It's great fun tho, addictive but it just lacks of depth rF2 is providing. In rF2 the cars, taking into account the circumstances of track conditions and tire conditions also which changes from lap to lap, react to every single input with the wheel or the pedals very detailed and you have to face the consequences for false techniques or underestimating the current conditions very soon.

I have done some laps yesterday with a totally new combo for me. Never drove the car nor the track. Within a just a few laps you can drive like a madman. It's a rush, all the noise, sound which is going on with the speed and forgiveness of the car makes it very addictive.
    But going back to rF2 in the Vette just shows again how trivial AC is on the limit compared to rF2.
    Throw it in without fear, mid corner you are neutral and push it out with slight oversteer. There isn't really more to it. Of course it's a bit overdone on the wheel what I have done in the video but I just wanted to see what the car is capable of and how it reacts to different inputs. Sometimes you can do a 90° fast swap with the wheel and nothing really happens.

As far as I know the physics dev team behind AC and netkarPro is not the same really so it doesn't surprise me really how the things changed in the physics department.

But check it yourself.

Just want to add, the update tho is very good. Love the details of the track surface in the FFB.

And if you compare it to this video you can see how much difference there is. The first few laps are just to get in but in the middle of the video I start to push a bit and more and more. You can see, at least I can, how much more detailed and sensitive rF2 is. You have to know very well what you are doing and funky moves on the wheel or pedals punish you immediately. I am not the best driver at all but I am not the slowest either and that's my conclusion on things.

For me both games have a place on the HD for different reasons and IMO we as a sim community share the same passion at the end. Race cars.
    Instead of bitching and hating each other we should much more enjoy what we have currently as IMO very good sim times are ahead.
    Some funky hardware is coming too and it is just getting better and better. Competition is going to raise the game on all ends.

Sounds all good to me.

What I dislike big times is the hype and the superlatives without substance which are used. :p

2c

19. Black75

Black75 Registered

well said!

20. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

If by "sort" you are implying censorship, then I would suggest that allowing 545 posts before closing a thread (while leaving it all visible afterwards) suggests the opposite.

I'll close any thread that begins to get personal (as it was) and is taking up too much of my time reading reports (those things members send when they don't like a post within a thread). Regardless of topic.

I have no problem with other sims being discussed, and I regularly defend the right of people to do that. But I'm not going to allow people to be overly negative to each other, or make anything personal with any developer in posts I happen to read, or receive reports bringing me to read.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.