So hows AC for you?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nazirull Safry Paijo, Nov 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

OMG... another weird AC thread.

Just see how (in your real comparison video) how smooth real driver is driving, and how "hard" is driving in AC, overdriving front wheels in almost every turn with no consecuences. And as said before, It's not only how It looks, It's how It feels, so easy to push with any feeling of danger or close to break grip, an angel who avoid to lose the car.

There is lots of bugs related to physics reported yet, really bad suspension bugs, engine bugs, gas bugs, "speed close to 0" bugs... al related to physics and some of them the same as in NKPro, if we see this, and the weird grippy behaviour of cars, something is wrong.

And I'm still thinking that AC is laughing about all other sims, because as I said lot of times, why AC works differently than any other hard sim (and closes to GT5 style in some way)? because It's the only one achieved a new step (in other way, not futher)? I think it's because they are doing something wrong because DATA, telemetry logs, and experience, says rF2 is in the correct way (and iR or GSC, they have also the same style than rF2).

Domi said you could not do burnouts in rF2 with F1... I posted for him a video doing It and had no response.

Try to do this in AC... oh wait, when you try to burnout your tyres in AC or do donuts wheels got stuck when moving in 90º because of infinite lateral grip... :rolleyes: (AC have not F1 yet, but this behaviour can be tested easily)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2013
  2. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

You cant like both? Its like some ppl in here think they are married to RF2 or something. I suggest opening your minds a bit - its not like your cheating on RF2 if you like AC :D

3. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

In all seriousness it really needs Multiplayer soon, with Practice and Qualify sessions. There is only so much fun one can have hot lapping alone.

4. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

I Like both :)
    I prefer rF2 :)

5. Black75

Black75 Registered

love this comment.. and i'm one of those with more than one wife! mooooooore than one! :D

[to be clear: il love very much THIS (rf2) wife!!!!]

6. JorgeANeto

JorgeANeto Registered

More than discriminant, totally non-sense.

7. Black75

Black75 Registered

on this, nobody can't to agree with you!

8. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

I like both too :eek:

Just I can't understand people who think AC is better in physics department than all the rest titles... just because they can do more and faster laps with less practice.

9. JorgeANeto

JorgeANeto Registered

Sure, the 800 hp engine make not difference at all...

10. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

I'm talking about tyre behaviour, not about the possibility to do F1 style burnouts (I just reposted that video to show Domi rF2 is in the right direction, so if AC is so different to rF2... maybe is AC wrong? It's simple), and in AC you can't do this kind of stuff because wheels stop spinning suddenly becuase exaggerated lateral grip, It's reported in AC forum, and this with every AC car when you try to burn tires, does not matter if doing donuts, pushing hard from first gear, or sliding the car.

11. Gonzas

Gonzas Registered

you are the bug ;)

12. thuGG

thuGG Registered

Nope. It's because the car feels right, and the FFB feels right, just natural. I think I'm slower than in other sims.

13. Domi

Domi Registered

I don't check the forum every day, and Tim locked the other one so I guess I missed it :)

The burnouts are not exactly as the one I shared but they are still good, at least compared to how sims usually struggle with this.

Anyway, until we dont have a 750hp, 640kg car on slicks, we can't compare with AC.

14. baronesbc

baronesbc Registered

this is a 1.55 (were the first attempts), with street tires, but i did 1:54 driving in the same way (only using a higher gear in 3 curves: Piratella, high variant, Rivazza), always with street:

i don't see nothing of strange, just very natural driving, it seems a real video..
    the difference between AC and other sims for me is this: i drive in AC, everything is natural; in the other sims, i have to find the way to be natural to drive..

15. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Without damage or rain, it's not a sim. Other than oval racing, every other real racing series is affected by rain. Of course, without multi (and Kunos has to prove they can get it right) or AI- and all that implies- AC is just a pretty toy. Then, once you look at the other stuff that puts rF2 apart from all the other sims like Realroad and flatspotting and real tire sidewall flexing, AC isn't really a sim at all. Yet. So comparing AC to rF2 is just mental masturbation.

What's funny is so often I read people saying that AC is a "more complete sim" (actual quote I read today) :eek: which completely blew me away. The game gets a free pass in every category and people are just looking past everything it DOES NOT have. But AC has turned into a phenomenon because people are so hungry for the new gen of sims to come into their own. rF2 is VERY slow in development. SRW is on the verge of going under, Simbin has just been one big disappointment, iRacing is iRacing. So people have glommed on to the new pretty game like it is the alpha and the omega.... even though it has nothing but promise. And because they released their alpha later (and a less complete product I might add) than ISI did with rF2 they get a pass. I would contend that AC's progress has been VERY slow (even slower than rF2). NKP came out in 06, rF1 in 05. rF2 in 12, AC in late 13. rF2 is almost a complete product. AC makes screenshots and drifts.

So which product is behind in development?

I'm curious- in that video, baonesbc, how many G's were you pulling max through those turns?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2013
  16. baronesbc

baronesbc Registered

the 458 easily does this

17. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

AC has major lag unless you use the FPS_CAP option in the video.ini file. I am impressed they added the FPS cap to the GUI. Now they should make the default to cap at 60 and then the lag complaints should mostly go away. If you get the lag down in AC it feels much more connected and loses that autopilot feeling. But the cars are still very forgiving. The 458 is incredibly pushy. Almost no rotation when you shift the weight to the front.

18. thuGG

thuGG Registered

And practically everything you mentioned is half finished or broken in rF2. Yay!

19. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

How so? I'm not sure how Realroad, flatspotting or rain are "half broken". Realroad does work at an accelerated rate but that is a choice ISI made, so it's not broken it's just how they chose to make it. How is the rest of it broken?

20. Black75

Black75 Registered

lol... well, i understand that all other sims, if i start a test session with weater clear and no other cars on track... became all not-sims! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.