So hows AC for you?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nazirull Safry Paijo, Nov 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eduard Mallorquí

Eduard Mallorquí Banned

The future of simracing.

2. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

More settings, better anti-aliasing... FFB feels better for me. One more track that I really like: Mugello. Actually the only track that I enjoy in AC and it looks good. The new Zonda is quite fun to drive there.

Zonda at Mugello is the only combo so far that is fun enough for me to do lap after lap alone...
    But this game will not keep me busy until I've got opponents to race(multiplayer or at least AI). I can only drive around for 30 minutes before I get bored :p But nice update.

3. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

The new update we had last Friday in AC really changed something on FFB side and I have a better feeling with it now, really better. Also they add more controls for FFB in menu and I was able to fine tune for the best. This update improved also the AA management and screen look better. Also, sounds seems well balanced 5.1 and my speakers and ears appreciate that (sadly rF2 is only in stereo).

I'm in love of the little Abarth car, may I ask if somebody can bring it in rF2? ;)

I don't know if AC is physics accurate or not, and honestly, I don't care that much as it feel accurate IMHO. I have fun with it for sure, and if they succeed with MP and AIs this sim will share my spare time with rF2 for sure :)

For now, rF2, it's FFB, physics and mainly historical cars have the greatest part in my heart :)

4. smithaz

smithaz Registered

Do people think AC physics are so amazing because they don't get close to the edge? I have driven the 458 to a 1.54 at imola and it feels like you have to force the car in strange ways, a lot of slamming to full throttle earlier than you expect etc.
    Or maybe these people are coming from F1 and NFS games and are not questioning physics too much.

5. thuGG

thuGG Registered

The feeling of the cars, the natural behaviour and predictability in AC is spot on, rF2 doesn't come even close. So just in terms of driving AC >>>> rF2.
    Also the developement speed and listening and discussing with community is on another level.
    Long story short AC is and will be way better than rF2, it'll be the future.

EDIT:
    Ahh, I forgot to mention the graphics, well you know, just look at the screens.

EDIT 2:
    Oh, and the UI :) And the apps. Just a lot better.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2013
  6. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

mmm, bone is good but lets see how long it will last before you will need meat that you wont get :D

7. Gonzas

Gonzas Registered

yes, we all came from consoles and NFS series.

no, nobody who thinks AC physics are realistic are neither real owers of those cars, nor experienced race drivers.

are you talking about AC physics in stock content right?

because the real question is about AC physics engine, as soon as the community put their hands on AC we will start to talk.

because the modding community is moving.

Regards.

8. thuGG

thuGG Registered

What?

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/lotus-2-eleven-assetto-corsa-vs-real-life.2652/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jQouH8oCGo

9. Niksounds

Niksounds Registered

oppalaaaaaaa

10. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Absent from my computer :)

11. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

LOL

12. Domi

Domi Registered

13. Black75

Black75 Registered

14. Gonzas

Gonzas Registered

:) i know it mate, i'm on your side, was in "irony mode" on.

and more:

Alessandro Balzan, Italian racing driver, competing in the Italian GT Championship

The impression, never had with other simulators, is the feeling of the car, the feel of the tyres / adhesion and especially not having to do “forced” trajectories where the grip is higher. I started at Imola, professional bias, with the 458 gt2, the car with which I won the 6h Vallelunga in real life.
    In terms of graphics the combination of track/car give a staggering result, but I do not give that much importance to the beauty. I go out of the pits on cold tires and forcing immediately I can feel that the car is not ready .. taking it easy for 2-3 laps and apart than overshooting the braking point a couple of times, I never go in spin. It’s not me that is good but the fact that I finally feel so gradually the loss of grip on the gas. Counter steering gives an obvious waste of laptime, but also big satisfaction for having controlled oversteer in third and fourth gear.
    I could never drive like this right out of the box with any simulator, 5-6 consecutive laps without crashing heavily somewhere. Sorry in advance for the long post, I will add details if anyone is interested.

Trying the 599xxEvo, that I’ve really driven, the admiration for Assetto Corsa increases. From the sound to the violence of the acceleration, to the active rear wing, stunning in the replays…

Regards

15. thuGG

thuGG Registered

Ah, sorry, I didn't catch it.

16. JorgeANeto

JorgeANeto Registered

I can't read those posts... a regular English would be good.

17. Andregee

Andregee Registered

That´s not a fact but only your opinion.

18. thuGG

thuGG Registered

Thanks for telling that, to this moment I thought that every post on every forum is a fact. Now I know, phew.

19. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

What all the AC crowd should do is get together with all the Raceroom crowd and get a cross title hotlap competition going.... and leave the rest of us running leagues, racing real people and having a blast with like minded sim racers with rF2.

Nice hot lapper in "alone mode" ... nothing else at present ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2013
  20. Black75

Black75 Registered

this seems to be... discriminant? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.