So hows AC for you?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nazirull Safry Paijo, Nov 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

He simply does not like and does not understand people who likes AC, is that irrational? I can neuther understand people who think AC physics are the new step ahead and are more accurate than any other sim because of "experience" and knowings I have and I understand for myself (something that does not mean the sim is crap, I'm sure will be a great sim with developing).

Each person has their own thinkings, that's how this works and people race in one or other sim, and if he thinks AC is so bad and he doesn't understand why people waste time playing It, It's OK.

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I think rF2 is the standard because of one simple fact.

All the others have no free roam.

For mine rF2/3 needs:

1. Drop down monitors in modern garages with LiveRacers p

2. "Full" walk around mode (ala NetKar) but taken to the next level

3. Basic flyable helicopter with various focal length cameras ( I will never give up on this ) lol

4. A separate Pro version of the sim with separate servers to take all the unrealistic unauthentic stuff taken for granted in every sim for the last 2 decades and throw it in the bin.

No more would people debate car and room settings, auto clutch or anything else.....
    iRacing has gone some way towards it but no where near enough.
    For mine that would be the first "true" hardcore sim.

Ari said to me today he got caught speeding in Monza pits .......
    My reply.......
    hehehe

3. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

Maybe it's just the language barrier but I sincerely doubt that post was about genuinly asking why he was still here, which in itself is a redundant question to begin with (going back to "you can only enjoy 1 game" from earlier). It was most likely just a tongue in cheeck comment.

4. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

AC is just amazing - its version 0.2 and really great already. The newest update with the cars and tracks is just flawless and it WORKS. It even installed the update by itself with cars and everything. Cant wait until AI and Multiplayer gets in the game. It just feels so well done and what is in there works. The handling is easy until you push the car - then it gets tricky. I think that is realistic and not too easy. When I come back to drive RF2 afterwards it just feels like such a mess TBH. There are so many half finished things that it ruins the final impression and its sad really. I hope the arrival of AC is a good thing to RF2 because it has great potential and I hope ISI now finally step up their game. AC already in ver 0.2 has won me over I must admit. But I still have hopes about RF2 - I want 2 great sims please :) Thats my thoughts about AC - I hope it hasnt offended anyone. And before anyone asks what Im doing here if I love AC... I am a bit strange - I am capable of enjoying 2 things in my life :D

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

But that is not what I meant at all.

He said it is the new standard, not me, I am not telling him what sim to drive.

For me it is that simple I have stopped driving other sims other then testing new stuff and doing shots of them.

You notice I asked a question ?

The last line is a truthful answer to the actual question I asked.

Said it with a smile too, so ..........how would I be antagonizing anyone which is exactly what you are doing now.

DD's rulebook , one sim man hey

lmaorof

+100 mate no one ever asks me lmao but if you come into my room I will sure bloody tell you in a hurry you all know that !#@@! hehehehe ;)

But you wont hear or see me hanging out the dirty laundry here.

6. RJames

RJames Registered

Looking past the he said/she said crap.

It's great having another product on the market, AC for me currently shows alot of potential but i do find it difficult just hot lapping and drifting is not my thing in games therefore i've not spent huge amounts of time "testing physics" shall we say.
    Once AC has a multiplayer option then I would really spend time seeing what's hot and what's not within it but AC does have some very strong points currently including:

Modular UI - Allowing me to pick and choose exactly what widgets (delta/laptimes etc) i want to display and also where i want to see them on screen. This is very neat!
    Load Times - Currently the load times into tracks are very very good, it seems very well optimised to get driving quickly.
    Gravel Traps - Odd one this but they actually work and feel like the car gets bogged down. I know people "hate" that as when they screw up they want to be back on track asap but for me if i screw up and end up in the kitty litter i should be punished.

The visuals is a important factor as overall the game (while driving) looks good on the eyes, not amazing but good in some areas the lighting is better than rF2 currently but it does feel the visuals are running in a "safe zone" to suit the masses. Which i don't think is a bad thing, i found the visual options at the upper end make relatively zero to little difference. IE AA is quite poor, quite a few jagged lines around. I can safely turn down features with no loss of visuals maybe this is restricted during beta and will improve.

The sounds, to early to tell. Some good, some not so. Feel a little dumbed down/muted. Nothing that screams at me just yet although the Zonda is on the right lines.

For the physics, first impressions.
    Take the 458 for a example: the road tyres feel terrible, but the semi-slicks feel like good real road tyres. IMO the "Road tyres" option should be removed from that car. I did my testing on Silverstone mainly as it's a track i've been lucky enough to pedal around at speed in real life.
    Looking at the BMW GT2 and P4/5 on Slicks i think there is just a tad too much grip, i find it very difficult to actually spin up the rears exiting slow corners unless i get some sort of bump off a curb etc. If anyone slams the gas pedal to 100% on slicks you typically will still light those tyres up unless perfect setup and tyre heat/condition.

I think personally its great to have AC to market, it should help drive the production of other titles along as well as new features/ideas are seen. I also think AC is the first "Sim" to bridge the gap to the wider public (being on steam) hopefully driving many more new drivers into this world of Sim racing. I think it has appeal to the likes of NFS drivers who look for more, Forza/GT drivers looking for a move to PC etc.

Is it perfect, no. Is it good, yes. But my daily pickup is still rf2.

7. Timpie Claessens

See what I do not understand about statements like that.......what are you doing here then ?
    You have that much time to waste on a sim that is not the new standard. ?

Thread about AC, he mentions he thinks it's the new standard which is perfectly legit. Then you tell him he's wasting his time and he shouldn't be here...
    Btw notice how much less room you can waste if u don't put white lines after every sentence.

Anyway, the threadstarter messed up his own thread with the 4th post (after himself saying "stick to the driving part" which is hilarious) so I suspect in about... 6h we'll see a nice lock on this.

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

If he had not dragged up a post from the garbage to start a thread I would have said nothing.

I said all I have to say on AC

" IT SUCKS"

That is a perfectly legit answer too whether you like it or not.

So straight away " it sucks" means to you : I am a fanboy... I only like one sim ..... I like nothing in AC

see you do not know me at all that's your problem not mine :)

9. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

Rf2 is fantastic too, and has features that AC doesn't, but AC has better car physics. The physics are what I care about most in a sim. Before AC rf2 was my favorite. Unlike some people that can't see it yet because they love rf2 so much, I will move on to what comes along that is better. If AC ends up giving me all the race features and things that I loved about rf2, then I will probably not play it anymore. That hasn't happened yet, so in the meantime I will enjoy both thoroughly.

10. Timpie Claessens

I literally copy pasted what you said and put it in a bold font so you'd recognize it...
    You can think about it whatever you want, I really couldn't care less since that's your opinion and who am I to judge that? ANd it was that dismisive attitude towards others I commented on.

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

That is fine :) and believe it or not I did want a answer and that is a very reasonable one.

As I pointed personally I do not think any sim is the new standard but rF2 is the closest for "me"

If there was another sim I thought was the new standard, sincerely "I" would not be here, that is all what I meant.

So I will devote all my sim time to it, helping rookies in my room, promoting rooms like BB's and Liveracers.

I have run F3 Rookies 2 years I am proud of what we have done to help people.

Maybe it is things like that people should do to promote their sims not threads like this ad nauseam

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2013
  12. G.Bird

G.Bird Registered

To me this all comes down to what kind of a sim racer you are the one who wonts to sit down work for hours on set ups or the kind that wonts to jump in and spank the arse of eny car me
    I like them both for them reasons.
    assetto corsa for me is something to spank round a track when Iam not in the mood for some serious driving.

13. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Haven't yet bought the title, I am waiting for more content to be released and some more information about modding. But I definitely will get this as I can't wait to get modding and also because of DRAG RACING.

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I find it slightly amusing that GPL imho still has the most realistic crashes next to Nascar2003, people used to bag both for the "Hand of God" effect

I did the same air in F1-2002 F1C GTR GTL GTR2 .........

Have you looked at rF2 lately ? Talk about big air, in BT20 room cars flung 100 metre up no worries, and the endless cart wheels and barrel rolls are no less comical then anything in GPL with 15 year old crash physics.

pCARS gets huge air and the cars come down within 2 invisible walls.

AC is like the car weighs double, Shifts were the same

Have a big crash in GPL you felt it. lol :)

15. CRex

CRex Registered

rF2 physics and ffb still gives me the best experience in the genre. I like the fact that AC brings regular road-legal cars to the mix. Unique content makes me appreciate the fact there are more sims to chose from.

16. tjc

tjc Registered

Haven`t we all done this already...

Thread

Another AC thread.

Yawn...

17. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

Asseto corsa made me uninstall my rFactor1 50Gb installation with the best mods. and now I don't even play rFactor 2. rFactor 2 in a while it's all about the forum hoping for something.

18. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Im over dosed with AC forum talk on iracing, lets please close this thread & keep AC talk on the AC forum

But whilst im writing in this box :confused:

I only have rf2 / iracing / AC on my hard drive right now

I ve spent 45hrs on AC since launch (got to give it a good test)
    Theres some aspects of it that our very good some bad :

Extremely good UI , fast loading times

Very good graphics with advanced features, fps performance is very good also

The tracks are of good quality with consistency across the range, I'm a tad suspicious of the track surfaces/quailty of the scans though.

Sounds are fine ( but not dynamic)

No real road, weather (although they claim real road is coming at some point)

Physics range from totally terrible to not bad -around "simcade" style

Ffb has a nice approach with weight shift & inertia but lacks detail of track surface
    (even though the tracks are suppose to be laser scanned )
    Maybe the spring or damping forces that are used for this inertia effect is pretty much masking everything else (if present) note -I use a Leo bodnar wheel

Rf2 & iracing for me feel "fluid" & depth ( not talking about graphics here ) at 80fps+ , but AC needs about 200fps or a stupidly low resolution (if low res then 80fps is fine) to achieve a fluidity (better ffb / no lag etc )

Replays in AC are mind blowingly good , the best Ive seen

Apart from the nice graphics I cant understand the hype, there isnt any quality & depth in the car physics, the grip levels seem like something id expect from an arcade or simcade title
    I think its the nice graphics that drawing some people in but nice graphics alone is very short lived.

Im not sure if AC will catch on, maybe some good mods will show it as a true simulator if the software/physics engine can deliver it, I'll give it a quick look after each update.

These are my opinions, just to add i only really like more hardcore simulations, that have good physics & depth,
    I like both rf2 & iracing , i would be happy to use a 3rd title but AC just dosnt make the rank (simulator status) for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2013
  19. williang83

williang83 Registered

I'll try to be short here.
    Initially i tried AC for 10 minutes using the ferrari (because a month before i've been on track with a ferrari so i could compare the feeling), and the feel was good but i wasn't pushing the car so hard. My first conclusion that i wrote here was that i've been stunned by the game feel.
    Some day after i had more time to spare so i did a lot of runs with multiple cars and unfortunately my final thoughts reminds some criticized opinions found in this forum. Which is, although under some point of view the game feel is fine, under others point of view the game is not good......i'll use the same word that others users used...... you cannot dance with the car. There is almost no lift oversteer, there is nothing like "ok to help me to turn i will induce a bit of oversteer to point my car toward the apex".
    So my final thoughts are that the game itself is not a complete trash as someone tagged but rather i would tag it as an ALPHA game (under some point of view it seems a step back compared to nektar), but you can also see some huge potential that might meet expectations or might not meet, just time will let us know.
    I would say let's give them at least more 6 months to see the improvement rate. I hope that they can provide enough/many updates as ISI does or as iRacing does (although improvements step are tiny in iRacing compared to rFactor).

20. Domi

Domi Registered

10 years ahead of rF2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.