So hows AC for you?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nazirull Safry Paijo, Nov 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

All the hype abt it. Just limit the discussion abt how car behaves in rf2 and AC. Of course AC is not yet multiplayer and RF2 is already. And RF2 with real road and AC is not.

So limit the discussion to the drive.

2. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

no, it sucks

3. Minibull

Minibull Member

I'm sure Tim will sort this one out like the other one I posted XD
    Still, not much else doin round here

4. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

release notes of the latest update was impressive...and only 2 weeks after initial release...will be interesting to see if they come out as quickly in the future or slow down to ISI pace

5. Nazirull Safry Paijo

The amount of bashing other titles are getting in virtualr.net is humonguossss... its Kendra vs the world.
    [​IMG]

6. Minibull

Minibull Member

I've given up on VirtualR, especially in the comments. Firstly, I haven't seen any "news" about the URD EGT mod, which is looking and playing bloody brilliantly. Probably IMO the best mod out there currently. But I suppose with every single post made about it, it becomes a paymod debate...XD

Secondly, the amount of straight out, ultra hard on love for everything in AC and how anyone who makes a slight bad comment about it gets "ripped to shreds".
    It's a sim that is good in some areas and bad in others. Like all of them, including rF2. To hail it is the absolute next gen benchmark of what a sim should be is wrong IMO, just as comparing it to other sims is wrong. I now think I get what Tim goes on about XD

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Bit hypocritical to start and end like that.

................ and quoting people from other sites. lopl ;)

It is not good practice to use quotes from other sites in the context you do., makes you look like you take frustrations elsewhere , are you frustrated. ? :)

Don't worry if people bash something ! , all that matters is what you like ! , what you feel ! , %$#@ everybody else Minibull I say.

;)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2013
  8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I am going with Sergio on this one lopl ;)

Can't compare the 2 in fewer words. hehehe

But fair dinkum does not mean there is not things I like about it or don't think it is not a fantastic sim.

I say the Historic Sparks look like bath-tubs lopl

It's a general feel.
    Its not literal , well it is, well ummm what I mean is .......

Stop talking DD

p

9. Thor

Thor Registered

After playing AC I prefer the RF2. RF2 is superior to AC. RF2 is not only superior in graphics. The AC gain much in modeling car.

10. Nazirull Safry Paijo

LOL ure rite.
    Just as an example how fanboyism can stop a rational discussion

11. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

AC is simply amazing. The new standard of simulation.

12. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Stay away from virtualr, it will rot your brain.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2013
  13. Minibull

Minibull Member

Ahaha...yep XD

14. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Copied from my reddit post http://redd.it/1q9bm6

"The menu's are cool but a bit odd to navigate. I know it was designed to work on tablets and such and I haven't had any issues but finding things can be a pain. Wish it used widescreen instead of squeezing everything in the center.

Am I the only one that is bothered by the seeming lack of AA even with the AA turned all the way up? I get jaggies on everything and it is super noticeable with the Green Arrow Driving lines on the asphalt.

There is very little in the way of hardware setup I can find. FOV adjustment seems to be only a rough guess while in-game and doesn't give you an actual number. (I found an INI in the CFG folder that has FOV=56 in it but I don't think it is read for use). I am also shocked you can't shut off the steering wheel altogether.

Once in-game the sounds are good although the brake squeak on some cars that never goes away is odd. The under-steer seems prevalent in a lot of cars but overall the physics are pretty good. I am glad to be punished for clutching wrong. It is a nice touch missing from all other sims.

The FFB coming out of corners has a lot of back and forth sway which feels a bit odd and going "off-road" has very little feel. This can be OK if you have an alternate FFB generation device (butt-kicker or motion cockpit) but really having JUST 1:1 wheel ffb like real life can cut you out of the loop in the feel department. The Wheel is all most of us have to determine what is going on and adding some of those non-wheel effects helps you connect with the car in-game.

I want to see some mods for this that fix certain aspects. Head motion being one."

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

See what I do not understand about statements like that.......what are you doing here then ?

You have that much time to waste on a sim that is not the new standard. ?

I certainly wouldn't. :)

16. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Atm I'm prefering rf2 ffb... but it's too early to fairly judge AC's ffb. It's just too simple atm but not bad.

I like the fact AC has street cars in it, definently something that rf2 is missing.

I know I'll be giving some of my sim time to AC in the future because it seems like some people I race with prefer AC over rf2 ( I think mainly because it's more user friendly, it simply works (is stable) and has realistic clutch too).

Now I'm waiting for multiplayer to give AC proper evaluation. In the meantime, rf2 continues to be my sim.

17. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

What's the point of this post? Publicly humiliate some for what reason exactly? VR = VR.
    If you want to discuss Assetto Corsa then do so but theres no reason at all for posts like that

And the same with this, people can't enjoy more then 1 title? You can only have 1 game you like according to DD's rulebook?
    That's his opinion, why do you feel the need to have to antagonise it like that?

18. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

I stoped playing AC after 17 total hours of play. Last hour with friday's update. I can't with that safety and super grip feeling. The only car I enjoyed a lot, is the new M3 with "easy to Drift" mode, you push your gas pedal to floor, and lets begin to drift like a Pro drifter in 5 minutes (I never drifted before and in less than 30 minutes I was doing x13 combos with no difficult).

I still thinking physics feels so strange/wrong and easy, and in a different way that any other sim (and no, all the rest top quality sims are not doing It wrong, maybe It's only AC ;) ).

19. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Now I only enjoy rF2 because I have no more time, but I enjoyed iR driving, NKPro driving before Kunos ****ed his own sim in last NK update, I enjoyed rF1... and for sure I will enjoy AC when It's close to be finished, but for now, has nothing.

Will be fun to race online, or play his career mode, I will enjoy It, but not as "hard sim" to compete in league conditions.

20. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

That's exactly right. I don't get why some people have this urge to convince people you can only think in extremes. "YOU CAN ONLY LIKE 1 GAME OR GTFO!".
    I'm sure if you ask folks like DD they will have things about RF2 they don't like either but that obviously doesn't matter when talking about other games. 1 aspect that they dislike and it's garbage and not worthy or whatever one sided excuse that comes up.
    Simracers (well, or gamers in general) have to be the most irrational creatures that ever walked this planet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.