New Build (post 342) News Speculation Suggestions Etc.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spinelli, Nov 24, 2013.

1. benhaha

benhaha Registered

Better performance on AMD hardware. [runsandhides]

2. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Improved AA, Shadows, no flickering, DOF, high fidelity replays. [runsandhidestoo]

3. johnsclander

johnsclander Registered

I would write something if i really thought that they will take it into account.

4. tjc

tjc Registered

I`m sure they will, maybe not for the next build but I`m sure they`ll take things on board.

5. johnsclander

johnsclander Registered

Excuse my poor english:

I don't know. Much many of the things said in this thread are long time suggestions. I'm sure they're gonna read all and pay attention, but i'm not so sure if they can really fix or improve all these things, many of which have really stay the same since a long time. I really apreciate GFX update (not a heavy change but noticeable) but i would appreciate much more all the other things stated in this thread.

Being honest: comparing with Kunos and the enormous list of changes in just 2 weeks, the atenttion for community ideas...well...speaks for itself.

Not trying to speak bad things or slate ISI...far from this, i love Rfactor 1&2. But it seems to me that this sim could be much more better now than it was almost 2 years ago.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2013
  6. tjc

tjc Registered

There`s not much wrong with your English...

I don`t think ISI will let us down. :)

7. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

Another annoying one: Make upgrades changeable in the setup screen.
    For instance the upgrades on the FR3.5, it makes no sense to have roll center changes and downforce packages outside the setup screen. Especially the first where you have 15 choices.

8. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

I want everything you listed here too. My biggest would be optimizing everything we already have peformance wise, because adding everything above will just lower the FPS back down.

So far the performance is starting to come about. This is the smoothest running build on my PC so far. Has to be even smoother, then start playing with graphics again.

9. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Some good points here,

Rf2 has some super advanced features but yes they all seem exaggerated e.g develop & recess to quickly, where's they would have a far superior impact if they were more subtle

10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

+1

And, have controller profiles attached to the car class. Why am I still switching controller profiles every time I switch from a H-pattern shifter to a paddle or to a sequential stick? I have three profiles and I should be able to "attach" them to the car once and never look at them again.

11. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Same here. The new settings for reflections LOW have the same impact as the old HIGH, and I don't want to run OFF. So that means I rolled back to B300.

Generally, we need better way to handle higher GFX settings or texture sizes (Silverstone) when GFX are improved. I.e. more options, like ULTRA and stay "normal" for the others. My computer is no slouch, but obviously an AMD7970 2GB card can't drive 1920x1200 pixels for this game. If performance stays unmanageable then B300 will be my final build...

12. jbh

jbh Registered

I'm guessing that maybe you didn't bother to try OFF before rolling back to B300...

From the B342 release notes:

When you set reflections to OFF you now still get reflections, they are just mostly static (update about every 10 seconds IIRC).

So you can just treat the new OFF as the old LOW. In my experience its a good FPS boost over the new LOW and I think in general the near-static reflections look better than the old LOW did.

13. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I must admit it is a tad worrying at the thought of isi struggling,
    Bare in mind the kunos update wasn't created in 2 weeks but maybe most of it was ready before the first release as is perhaps the next 2 or 3 (or what ever figure) updates, good marketing hey, we can not judge AC to much or speed of progress for another 3 to 4 months ( IMO ) (except in the graphics department which does look nicely polished)

I do hope the isi software is adaptable & buildable enough ( & financially viable to do so ) to be able to deliver on the visuals & sound to a decent standard -that smoke in the light through the trees etc is amazing, the best I've seen (update of this build I think ) so that's a great sign, I don't really care what DX version it is.

The isi software certainly has the capability in the physics dept ....we had the benefits of this from the start.

14. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

Bold/Italicized: ASAP
    Regular Text: Would expect as a minimum in the next 1-2 updates

- New or multiple UIs to choose from.
    - Further multi-player infrastructure support
    - More official vehicles
    - More official tracks
    - User Documentation to help new (and existing) users make the sim perform the best it can (visually and handling wise)
    - Further visual upgrades (everything other than the car is still super boxy and/or poorly textured 2d in most cases. The shadows definitely need to be fixed. In replays, having no shadows under the car makes it look like the car isn't connected to the road.
    - Further performance upgrades in the engine. The way the game currently looks, I should be able to max out every setting and run above 100 FPS. IF I do that now, I get 45-60. Other sims (as in Assetto Corsa and iRacing, specifically) I can max out and run in a range of 100fps with dips to 50fps. They're also visually superior, in my opinion.
    - System to save and review top lap times per car and track
    - Tow Truck option, where you can return to pits with a damaged vehicle without exiting the session, and resetting all of your lap times.

If some of the items here have already been addressed, and I just don't know where to find/fix them, then that just further proves point 5!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2013
  15. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I did, and no, the new OFF is not the old LOW for visual quality, in my opinion. The old LOW has movement, the new OFF is jerky and really minimum-spec visuals. You're basically telling me to downgrade my visuals to get the same framerate I had before... which is not the way a game should be developed.

Oh, and road reflections LOW now have the same visual bug they had on HIGH before... if I set that to OFF then no reflections at all, whereas previous LOW looked good and was bug-free.

Fact of the matter simple is that this game, as much as I love it, is not running as it should on decent AMD Hardware. Other games that are visually same or even a bit better (pCARs screenshot generator) don't give half as much fuss. Even if these titles do not have physics as good, it's not my CPU bottlenecking anyway so the same card runs those GFX awesome.

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

pretty much, be fair dinkum , hehehe

Any sim compared to it just don't feel. lol ;)

What I can't believe it takes people that have been here 2 years to admit that.

You got in a habit see..........most people like to make everything in every sim title sound great , nothings inferior, they highlight the best bits.............. well how does that make others try rF2 more then that other sim ?

Tell them the honest truth would be a start and don't sugar coat lesser "sims"

The only other title I would ever tell people to try is Formula Truck.

17. Galaga

Galaga Banned

I'd like to say realistic clutch but then no one online will want to race historic cars and then admins will have to allow auto clutch anyway so we'll be back to where we started. Another thing I'd like to see is AI using clutch. Does anyone know if that is planned?

18. stonec

stonec Registered

The reflection map is exactly same in terms of visuals when using OFF, it just updates less frequently. I don't really pay attention to the low update rate so I find this a great compromise. Although I agree that the old LOW should make a return, now both LOW and HIGH are identical.

I doubt such option would ever be implemented in rF2. Correct me if I am wrong, the last game I saw this in was Papyrus' Nascar series. At least in the European series I have watched they don't tow the car back to the pits, if the car gets stuck on the track it means session is over.

My improvement suggestions are rather similar to what others have mentioned:

- Improve online collision model
    - Improve replay undercar shadow distances
    - Modern UI (e.g. HTML5) with more options from PLR listed (will take time to implement...)
    - Find at least a temporary solution to accelerated realroad before making the final model (why not just slow it down at least by half to allow more proper wet races?)
    - Better HDR default profile (dull-looking daytime can be fixed by lowering the white point setting, which is basically what all custom HDR profiles do)

19. Miro

Miro Registered

Something with a loading screen like this one like this? o_O

[​IMG]

Sadly it's not more than a pic............

20. MMartin

MMartin Registered

+1