New Build (post 342) News Speculation Suggestions Etc.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spinelli, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Thor

Thor Registered

For me the RF2 is abandoned. Progress is very slow. I have no hopes for RF2. I hope they improve and fast. Withdraw this chart drawing. Put more real textures.

2. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Every car and track I have tried it does this. Modded stuff or ISI stuff, doesn't matter. I think when others in multi have a scheduled stop I see their pit box and I also see AI pit boxes when they are coming in.

3. coops

coops Banned

testers and devs wont give this info and never have another stupid post,wishing and hoping they will.

4. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

working links on get mod thing

5. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Getmod works, that is not an ISI issue insofar as the game engine goes. But each mod has to have GetMod links included and working- that is up to the modders to do.

6. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

yeah, thats why i said working links in that get mod thing

7. Shamrock

Shamrock Registered

I'm HOPING, that with new build, will be the Indycar mod. :)

8. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I did a race in ISI historic server (Brabham in Brianza) and then then tried to load the result file with simresults.net. Results weren't what they were supposed to be (missing drivers, wrong order etc.). Simresults only reads what log files have in them so the log file was bugged. It's not uncommon that there is two log files of a race and the other one is bugged and the other one shows the right results but this time there was only bugged one.

Last time when I raced on United Sim Racers server I got right results...so maybe something to do with the server.

9. FatCity

FatCity Registered

This is not a suggestion for next build addition, but..... I would like to see a lot more cars and ISI tracks brought out before any other stuff. With the addition of these cars and tracks, ISI could add a section to the forum that would allow people, be they modders or arm chair experts to upload their fixes to a car or track , that way it would enable ISI to test the fixes straight up, not have to do the dirty work themselves allowing them to concentrate on the graphics/ UI etc.

My son just got his Xbox One with Fortsa ( as the srt guys say it lol ) 5, and I have to say it is visually very impressive. I'm not mentioning physics as I don't intend to play it but the cars and tracks look great and run at a pretty steady FPS, 60 fps I'm lead to believe.
    If my ATI card could look that good at 60 fps, I'd be very happy.

To me, RF2 physics and tyres etc are unbeatable, so getting it to look and run as smooth as Forza would be great.

10. Addict

Addict Registered

+1000

11. JorgeANeto

JorgeANeto Registered

Please, starting from the beginning: replace the current UI. This is just horrible. I'd better be more happy with the same old (but more functional) rF1 interface. Then you might correct the known issues, each one per time.

12. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

That is the responsibility of the modder or the admin of the server to setup working links. It isn't a limitation of the game though.

13. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Don't you think it will be used more if it was part of the vmod Noel?

14. GaryL

GaryL Registered

I wish for no new cars or tracks, but maybe they can make what I have now in some way more playable, sadly so far rF2 has been a constant disappointment even after a very nice upgrade for my pc it still runs and looks like turds.

15. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Well "technically" the links are in the vmod but the links originate from the rfcmp when you build your vmod. Because the links are in the vmod it will be easy to add the ability to override the links that it extracted from the rfcmp's. My understanding is this will be coming in some form.

16. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

The cars and tracks will keep coming regardless of what the DEVELOPERS are working on unless ISI decides to take your advice and fire their ARTISTS.

17. GaryL

GaryL Registered

I think you are confusing the term "I wish" with "I Advise".
    I have seen some pics and vids going around suggesting art isn't the problem, but with every gfx setting on "Low" or "Off" I don't really get to appreciate their work at all.

18. TurboSpeed

TurboSpeed Registered

Looks like you are the only one hit by this problem. If you have messed with some config file it is probably time to uninstall everything, delete the rf2 directories and reinstall everything. Good luck!

19. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Okay, you said you "wish" they would stop releasing tracks until the gfx performance is fixed. So if ISI give you your "wish" they would fire their artists. The artists make the tracks and car models. The physics guy does the physics and the devs do the physics engine, UI, netcode, gfx engine, ect. ect. If they fired their physics guy (car physics, not the actual engine) and artists, it wouldn't speed up the evolution of the engine, netcode, ect ect.

ISI isn't one guy sitting in a closet with a timer that goes off every hour to remind him it is time to switch to the next task. It is a whole team of guys all working independant for the most part. The only time I could see new content impacting the dev team would be for example the car physics guy working on the Howston and puts in a request to the physics engine dev to add flexible chassis to the ending. Then that dev may come off another task to work on that. Or maybe the track artists are working on a new track and think it would be cool to have aspects of the track change when the weather changes so he puts in a request that weather tags be added to objects. A dev may then come off a task to add tags. But for the most part they don't impact each other.

I think people just think it sounds cool to complain about new content when there are outstanding bugs.

Just curious, what are your specs? As rF2 has evolved the performance has gotten much better for me. Even on my extremely old AMD HD5770. I can stay above 60fps with more eye candy than I can with AC at 60fps. And AC is only running with a single car on the track.

20. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I want:

- Better collision physics!!!!!!! (my league race was ruined yesterday becuase of ridiculous, flying cars)
    - Fix for rotating camera when using "Free move camera" while using TrackIR
    - Fix for all the ctd's when alt+tab
    - Better fidelity for replays
    - Better fidelity when watching your opponent live in an online session (wheel movements looks laggy etc)
    - Sound improvements (thinking of replays/trackside cams)
    - Better shadows!! Constant under-car shadow when using MAX shadow settings please
    - Optimizations for smoke/rainspray, so we have no huge fps drops
    - Wet weather improvements (please slow down the drying process)
    - Slow down the real road rubbering process
    - Raindrops for visor/windshield + other wet visual effects
    - Rainspray - should not the open-wheelers have spray from front wheels too?
    - HDR improvements (especially for night racing. And cockpit is way too illuminated in the dark)
    - UI improvements! I want something simple and clean
    - Better multiplayer lobby with more information
    - Better loading times

And all this