PT-1 Pedal Set - Discussion

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by GTFREAK, Nov 18, 2013.

1. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

[​IMG]

PT-1 Pedal set Features:

● Aluminum and Stainless Steel Construction
    ● 50KG Load Cell – Brake Pedal
    ● Industrial Quality Potentiometers (rated for millions of turns) – Throttle and Clutch Pedals
    ● Multiple Pedal Face Positions
    ● Adjustable Pedal Height
    ● Adjustable Spring Tension
    ● Adjustable Pedal Travel
    ● Adjustable Potentiometer Travel
    ● Adjustable Clutch “Feel”
    ● Can Be Inverted or Placed Right Side Up (with each pedal separately)
    ● Many More...

We are very proud of what we've accomplished over the past 3 years. Even though we've had multiple setbacks, and things haven't gone as smoothly as we would have liked, we took that extra time to improve upon things that we felt warranted improvement. We've said this multiple times, but it's always better to take the time to get things right. We've only got one shot at making a good impression with the public, and even though our pedals aren't 100% perfect (nothing in this world is), we now feel that they're ready to finally find their new homes.

This is our very first product. We don't have a wealth of experience in the areas of business or manufacturing. With that said, we've tried to do our best to give you a product that is reliable, durable, and adjustable in many different ways. We hope that our customers will enjoy our products for as long as they own them.

Along with this announcement, we've finally released the "Adjustment" series of videos. We've developed a separate page on our website called "PT-1 Adjustments", which can be found by mousing over the "PST" menu item at the top of our homepage and choosing "PT-1 Adjustments" from the drop-down menu. On this page you will find three separate videos, each discussing a different pedal. We have also provided time-stamps that should allow you to find the section you are most interested in.

We created these videos for the sole purpose of helping the public make adjustments to their pedals. We have tried to be as detailed as possible, but that doesn't mean that we haven't left something out. If you find that there is something you do not understand, or you'd like for us to make a notation at some point in the video, please let us know. We want to be sure that you have as much information as possible.

On a more personal note, I would like to thank a few people:

First and foremost, I'd like to thank my father for sticking with me throughout some of the most difficult times these past three years. He has not only been responsible for most of the financial support, but has supported any and all ideas surrounding this project. Without him, none of this would have been possible. Thanks, dad.

I also want to throw out a special thanks to Martin Enzmann ( aka - "The Details Man"), our beta tester. We really struck gold with Martin. When I first contacted Martin last spring, I had no idea how valuable he would ultimately turn out to be. His feedback regarding the design and functionality of our prototype pedals, has helped us to make improvements on certain mechanical portions of our PT-1 pedal set. We never expected the level of detailed feedback that Martin would eventually give us. On top of that, he has become a good friend. Thank you, Martin.

And last, I'd like to thank the community for all of the kind words of encouragement. We started our YouTube channel back in November of 2013. After posting the very first video in the iRacing forums, the feedback was overwhelmingly positive. I'm very grateful to be a part of this community, and no matter what the public thinks of our pedal set, I'm certain I always will be.

A few others I'd like to say "Thank you" to:

Slaven Corluka (my old modding buddy)
    All my fellow members of Virtua_LM (thanks for giving my 3D skills a shot!)
    Shaun Cole (thanks for the article last summer!)
    Shawn Purdy (one hellavu web developer ;-) )
    DSD (for the circuit boards)

Chris Smith - Co-Founder - ProtoSimTech
    http://www.protosimtech.com

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2015
  2. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Hi Chris!

Good luck. Looking forward to see the final product :)

alex

3. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

Thank you, Alex!

We're looking forward to showing you as much as we possibly can. We hope you enjoy the build process as much as we do!

4. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

Our website has now been updated. We added a couple new pages that include pictures and our first video. We hope you'll check it out!

We will be constantly updating it as time goes on and as we continue to progress on our build process. You can check it out here: http://www.protosimtech.com

More to come very soon!

Chris

5. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Great effort guys!
    I remember a while when you introduced your pedals I was pretty keen to see how will the progress go. Bummer about the let down, I hope the things will get better. I will follow the progress for sure.

6. gabriel666

gabriel666 Registered

Good luck guys, and I congratulate them not to give up :)

7. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

Thank you for the kind words of encouragement. Persistence is key in any business venture. We had some dark days back then, but we managed to pick ourselves up and give it another go. This time around, though, we're doing things slowly and progressively. We hope that these videos will bring new customers in, where we couldn't have before.

8. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

Brand new video is online!

You can view it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUh8T9E9Fd0

This is the very first "build" video we have done, and this is the first in a long series of build videos we'll be doing over the course of the next few months.

You'll get to see the entire process, and we hope you'll have as much fun watching as we do building. You won't get to see what these pedals look like until they are completed, so it's important that you watch the entire process.

Check the first post for our Twitter and YouTube pages. You can follow along with us to get an inside look at what goes into making these pedals.

Chris

9. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

10. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

11. MonSum

MonSum Member

It's a pleasure to follow your progress. Thank you for sharing and good luck with this nice project!

12. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

Thank you! Good to see you again =)

We posted a new video online today. We just wanted to put something out since we haven't had too much going on in the shop the last couple days. We're waiting on a drill chuck to show up so that we can make our new jig for the side plates.

You can check out the new video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNJ5hRjtjCI

Enjoy!

13. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

Hey guys, we just wanted to put out a new video this evening because we've been waiting on some tools to arrive. We just wanted to show what's been going on. You can check it out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHk9VCgYMiw

14. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

Hey guys,

We just posted a brand new video this evening. This time around, we're showing you how we are making our side plate jig. This is a crucial step in the process of building our pedals. This is going to be a two part video, as we haven't finished the jig just yet. You can watch the first part here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLpIlolgo2g

If you haven't yet, you can follow us on Twitter so that you can be notified when a new video goes online. You can follow us at @ProtoSimTech. Or you can visit our Twitter page here: https://twitter.com/ProtoSimTech

15. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

Hey guys,

We just posted the second part (finale) of our side plate jig series. As stated before, this is a crucial step in the development process. This jig will be responsible for holding the side plates in place while we drill all the holes for construction of our pedals.

You can view the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v04shme9sWg

Enjoy!

16. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

Hey guys,

We're so excited to bring you this next pedal build video! In this video you'll get to see what the side plates will look like. This is a major step in the development process. The side plates are the main housing for all of the structural pieces and mechanisms that will allow the pedals to function. We hope you enjoy watching and we hope that you'll continue to follow along with us as we move forward towards the next major step in the process. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gqgc9dNEqa8

17. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

Hey guys,

We ordered some more tools needed to complete the band saw jig that we're currently working on. So, in the meantime we wanted to give you some info on what we are working on and a little info on how this band saw jig will work.

18. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

Hey guys,

Here's an interesting little side project we decided to tackle while we waited for tools to arrive. Enjoy!

19. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

Hey guys,

Here's a video discussing the advantages and disadvantages of using Hall Effect sensors vs. using Potentiometers. We are heavily leaning towards using Hall Effect sensors, but there's a lot of research and testing needed before we make a final decision either way.

20. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

As a guy who has made my own pedals (CSTesque) I am really enjoying your videos. :)