[WIP] Touring Car Classics

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Hey all.

I thought I'd come in and give you all a little update on the Touring Car Classics mod. Currently the 1993 Ford Falcon EB ATCC vehicle is completed and ready for in game. The vehicle will go in game next month however as we only have one in game guy and he's putting two other cars in game first.

The 1993 Holden VN and VP Commodore ATCC vehicles are now being mapped to become ready for our painters to paint the liveries and get it ready for in-game also. The expected release is still Q1 2014 as stated in the mod announcement. I will keep you all in the loop as we get closer and will show off some of the Holden progress once we get into painting it.

As for other cars, we will be releasing info on those as the car models complete. We will no longer release info on any cars until the 3D model part is completed. This ensures that the model is done and there won't be issues with getting it finalized.

Thanks for your patience and support, be sure to stay tuned!

2. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

That's really good news. It will be a new type of car for rF2. Thanks a lot, mates! (did I sound Aussie, there?)

3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

sounds good Petros :)

4. Edmund Roland

Edmund Roland Registered

5. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Yes our BTCC 1998 mod will be in this mod. The cars however were done so many years ago with such lower quality, we are re-building them to the higher standards we use today. BTCC 1998 and that era of cars deserve the highest quality. I'm not saying that other cars don't deserve the selfsame high quality, but rather that these cars have never been seen in high quality before and I want to ensure they are the best they can be for all of you to enjoy. :)

6. Galaga

Galaga Banned

7. RJames

RJames Registered

Absolutely agree, the BTCC of that era was a fantastic series to follow. Really looking forward to how these go!

8. Edmund Roland

Edmund Roland Registered

when will we be able to use these mods and where does one download them?

9. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

A long time from now. Look in Petros Mak's sig for links to his site.

10. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Tx Petros

11. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

As Guy said, in regards to the BTCC cars, quite some time aways. Firstly we're finalizing cars we do have. Our current vehicle list of completed 3D vehicle models of various genre cars stretches to over 70 vehicles. A large number of those vehicles need to be mapped and painted, and after that, placed into rF2, have physics and sounds done. With only two physics guys and one hopefully joining in the next days, and only a couple mappers and painters (as well as all our commercial work that keeps us busy), its going to take some time, but we're chugging along through them and have more cars ready for rF2 than we have shown, we just don't like showing things now unless they are 80% complete and near ready for open beta release.

BTCC cars are being worked on by one of our 3D Artists, but that's it at the current moment. I am looking for more talented artists who might be interested in learning our methods and developing more BTCC cars, and of course I will have some of my other guys develop more once certain commercial projects end. But until then, we have to chug along with the manpower we have for the modding side.

This is why I try to unite modders into our group. The more people we have for the different areas, the more we can get done simultaneously and that can only be a good thing for the community and our future releases. In any case, we got a lot coming so I'll leave you all with my looney tunes style maxim of... Stay tuned! :p

12. ORA-Oldie

ORA-Oldie Registered

Many Aussies would kill to drive the ATCC Group C Holden Torana A9X L34 race car. I think the crew who made Bathurst Legends for rF1 were starting to work on the Group C cars but it died a sad death. Not sure if they still have the models and info.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Boydet

Boydet Registered

+1..... This would be fantastic to see on rf2

14. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

References is the only hard thing about it mate. But I do plan on having that torana and the older one too. :)

15. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Here is some progress on the Ford EB Falcon ATCC that will be housed in the Touring Car Classics mod being released in 2014. Showing off the Steve Johnson 1994 Fudruckers Dick Johnson Racing entry along with the Shell Helix sponsored Dick Johnson Racing entries, we have the standard livery and the Tooheys 1000 (Bathurst) livery. To fill up the grid in some seasons we're also making some of our own liveries, the MAK-Corp livery will also be featured in the group and we're showing off the Tooheys 1000 entry. The liveries are done by Doug Parker who had worked hard to replicate the liveries with very little references.

In further news, the Holden VN and VP Commodore's will be going to our painters when they become available after Christmas. Expect to be driving these goodies in 2014!

16. nice :D

Right Hand Drive :cool:

17. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Yup, the right way to drive, hence "Right" hand drive :p

18. Russo997RSR

Russo997RSR Registered

Fantastic job Petros Mak those EB Falcon's look great. Can't wait to see the VN and VP Commodore's.

19. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Do they have any with "left" hand drive- the CORRECT way to drive? ;)

20. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

No they do not, this car was only made in Australia so it never came out with LHD.