rfactor 2 on steam

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by alvaritoteam, Nov 15, 2013.

1. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Skip Barber in the demo is OK if it's not the only car. This is a really difficult car to drive if you don't know how to handle it. See number of posts asking for help to drive this car, I was myself near to give-up until I read some answers.

An "easy" car with a pretty good physic and FFB and very fun to drive is F3 Eve. Not too powerful so you don't spin like hell if you're too heavy on throttle (vs Corvette, F1, BT20, F3.5, etc.), good feedback when you brake, really good feedback in FFB from each tires, etc.. Easy for beginner, and can punish you if you go on its limits.

Now, I think those historical cars deserve some love before going in a demo as currently they are not at the standard of recently released car (I think mainly about the cockpit quality for all those historical cars, including the F3 windshield bug, or which look like a bug, with weird reflections oscillating between full transparency and full opaque through some weird gravels reflections depending light, shadow, tracks, etc.). F3+ Brianza 10K, one of my favorite combo ;)

Yes, UI should be improved for sure.

2. rer8

rer8 Registered

Well said YoLolo.. As a demo the F3 seems like it could be a good choice... I like the Skippy... but it took some time to learn to set it up and drive... great points...

3. jomardi

jomardi Registered

very simple! screen of my TS2 of DLC contents. possible to choose, which content "you" can download or not.

[​IMG]

4. mtbboy

mtbboy Registered

want to chat with steam friends while you are in rfactor 2?
    the steam overlay is works with rfactor 2,
    just add rfactor 2 to steam game library and start the game via steam

5. Woodee

Woodee Registered

No way!! I didn't know you could pick and choose DLC like that!!! I won't have to download my 20 gigs of DLC :D

6. jomardi

jomardi Registered

it's all the pros, what you see in Steam? GL!

7. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

One of the most annoying things about RF2 is that with every new build they mess a little something up. It can be a little thing like the current build 770 where they mixed up real road sessions quali / race. Its such a stupid little thing that would be so easy to fix but because of the way ISI is releasing builds this probably wont get fixed for several MONTHS and I think thats one of the reasons this title keeps on feeling like a Beta. If they were on Steam they could just fix it right away without us even noticing it. In AC they do these little fixes all the time. If ppl report an issue its usually fixed the same day and the build just goes up by 0.1 eg. 0.20 -> 0.20.1. I think thats brilliant and one good reason to get RF2 on steam IMO.

8. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

No good reason NOT to have it on Steam. So I say do it.

9. Minibull

Minibull Member

Except I bet there are a few reasons why they haven't that we don't know about...maybe the cut Steam takes is too big. Maybe they are a company that wants full control over what they are doing with their product. Maybe there is some kind of software type clash which would be hard to deal with, or the way their work and the builds are done which would be even more complicated with steam. Maybe they feel that the people who are keen on sim racing are already somewhat following the scene, so to attract casual players through steam would not be much of a help.
    I already saw it regarding a post for PCars on Steam. Something to do with the Indy content, 4th post in on the news item..."better than that ****ty rF2 version...". The 4th post made on that item man...insta-hate, 30 seconds in the microwave XD
    Those types could only bring even more crazy hate, on a much more public forum. It's exactly the problem I feel you get when appealing to a "wider" audience. I'm not meaning to come off like one of those elitist types, but I kinda feel that people will naturally find their way to serious racing sims, like the progression I had from PS1 racing games, to now where I pretty much solely play RBR, rF2, AC, GTL, etc.

If you are interested in racing and cars and are interested in pursuing realism, you slowly find the more realistic sims. Or if you are someone who finds great pleasure in finding his real car in Forza or GT and getting to take it on world circuits, which is brilliant and fine, you stick with those titles that cater to that desire. What does that person do when they look at the car roster in rF2? "...lots of race cars, lots of weird cars...lots of ice..."
    I feel what you would get if you started pulling in more peeps would be a bunch of new people who I reckon most of whom would be immediately put off, some by graphics, some by feel, etc. For sure, you will get people that maybe had no idea of the title and they are hooked, but I don't think that would offset the negative you may get from it
    What follows that would be the mass low ratings from people that dislike the product, which I sadly feel some people would actually do. Judging from the general hate, and in most cases unwarranted or misinformed hate I see on other sites towards rF2, people would do it just as they hate the product.

We don't know and we probably won't know their reasons for not going on Steam, but it is their choice and that is the way the want to do it. I kinda find it refreshing to see that, where a company will do things properly their own way and keep control.

Well that's my arseho-OPINION on the subject anyway...

10. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Tim has said that is the exact reason. It's a business decision. Not sure why people keep beating this drum. :)

11. PaulG

PaulG Registered

One of the Reiza guys pretty much confirmed that future support will be coming to Steam (today at their semi-official thread at Race Department). So I guess people are slowly taking notice of what's happened with Assetto Corsa. Which is good. Cause I'm firmly in the pro-Steam camp and thought developers were shooting themselves in the foot by listening to five die-hardhards talking (on their forums) about how Steam sux and basing business decisions off that echo chamber.

12. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Game Stock Car has very small brand recognition and a non-descriptive name. rFactor has recognition but it doesn't need to rely on Steam. Adding it on Steam - while maintaining independent and very functional distribution - could bring more people but you have to wonder how the pricing would work as 1)Valve takes a massive cut 2)Price would be very uncompetitive. It does require additional work to get it integrated though, doesn't it? So it either requires migrated manpower or a contracted job.

13. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

cool, I'll buy GSC for 5 bucks to try the one car I've been interested in.

14. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

It IS really good dude, regardless.

15. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Quick thing to provide an important and often overlooked argument against Steam.

"
    Steam's Subscriber Agreement notes that Valve is under no obligation to refund its customers for Early Access game purchases, and refund requests from The Stomping Land players have been denied. The Stomping Land earned over $100,000 in Kickstarter pledges following a successful funding campaign last year, and recent backer comments indicate that physical reward orders remain unfulfilled.

"

Steam also goes by the same policy under regular games. I hope the court case in Australia is a win for the consumers and that it spreads to Europe. The US being the US likely won't get such proper decision, but at least the rest of the world should.

16. stonec

stonec Registered

Time to bump this thread. rF1 was quickly converted to Steam with what seemed to be quite minimal development effort. Now when Steam offers refunds as well there are basically no disadvantages for the customer compared to existing delivery platform.

17. yusupov

yusupov Registered

but what about how theyll all gather around a computer at their offices and watch me trying to race and laugh at me??