Strange collisions with kerbs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SPASKIS, Nov 14, 2013.

1. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

This problem has arised previoulsy and I wanted to know if the solution is known and in case not, I will try to provide some info that might help.

I have suffered from title explaining problem in my last release of salem valley with BES endurance GT3 mod.
    With aston martin vantage the problem was huge and none with gallardo. :rolleyes: I need to better test others as F430 since it seems problematic as well. Here is a video of the problem.

http://youtu.be/MXS5SLzdJTM

I can tell that kerbs are only driveable and not collideable despite what it can be seen in this video.

I have checked all undertray points and they are common wrt to Z coordinate(=0). Graphical offset=0 in all.

Image showing the lower part of the collision objects of the 5 cars we are using. The way vantage is done with all the tris merging in one single central point forming very long tris is suspicious to me:
    https://db.tt/921ePjB0

enviado mediante tapatalk

2. datanode

datanode Registered

I am confused by this, It is a problem outside the BES mod as you are probably aware. Turn one VLM Sebring.

I would, always thought it was a problem with the track mapping ?

After this, I am not so sure

3. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

This only happened to me with the BES cars, never happened to me with official cars or other mods. So, I'm pretty sure it's a BES problem.

4. datanode

datanode Registered

Try F2 modern on VLM Sebring run over curb turn 1 at speed, same in all cars afaik :) Megane also confirmed

5. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

I can attest to the moderns at VLM Sebring getting crazy on the curb. I have been stopped dead in my tracks by the issue. Hoping one of these days the issue is resolved so that cars will take the curbs like they do in real life.

6. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Tesselation / polygon layout shouldn't matter. Holes are unacceptable for collision models, though. Z4, F430 and Gallardo are obviously wrong.

7. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

I have the same issue with some formula cars.

8. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Going back to the issue I made this video to try to clarify where the problem is.
    It looks like the tire collides in the transition from one tile of the kerb to the next one.

In case, I closed the holes from collsision objects and raised them by 2 cm.
    I also made all the kerbs collidable (they were driveable only before). This one doesn't make much sense to me but shouldn't hurt I guess.
    In any case it would be nice if ISI solved collsion bugs since it is a very big drawback for league racing.

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

If you get this with an ISI car on an ISI track please let us know. Otherwise, you need to let the (track) modder know.

10. JorgeANeto

JorgeANeto Registered

This, and at more than one circuit. I've said that's clearly a phisx bug since it's a ISI official car and kerbs are correct (hat, material in tdf ok). As usual, some user said it's a "track issue" or "modders fault".

11. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I am the track modder. I think it is quite clear now (after some testing) that the problem was caused by coll object too low within the vehicle. After raising it by 2 cm the problem has disappeared. Unless there was an invisible object from the track (as there is with the car) which was causing collisions, the problem cannot be from the track since in the video it can be clearly seen that no visible collision takes place. Maybe i misunderstood your quote. Otherwise explain me how the track could be the cause of a collision that didnt take place. In any case the way the car flies is an ISI problem with collisions. I think that your reply was a bit unfortunate cometely exempting ISI from its part of responsibility.

enviado mediante tapatalk