ISI Track Team Tweets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Miro, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

Good attention to detail... The galvanized steel texture is like a next level s*** ;)

Very good

2. adamfarmer

adamfarmer Registered

3. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Name a single one and I will show u a random images of any other title out there. Overall look in rf2 is still not up to par. U can throw a lot of lovely detail to a track in rf2 but it will never look like something lifelike.

But anyway... we all can live with that. It is just a short moment anytime u switch a sim, when it gets obvious.

Even those ripped tracks look not as good in rf2 as they should. And you get repetitive road and gravel textures in many ISI tracks and... well a lot more stuff that looks off. But again, not a big deal.

4. sg333

sg333 Registered

The level of details in all these new assets is astounding, well done track team! :)

5. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Toban reminds me of a great race I had at R2P with like only 10 drivers. I'm looking forward to this one.

On another note, I wish these guys with only negative things to say would just go an play something else instead of wasting their time here but I suppose some people get off on arguing. It's no different than the guy at work who is always complaining about the job. Time for someone to say "get another job if you don't like it".

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2016
  6. Flaux

Flaux Registered

And I'm glad that the ISI employees have more spirit and motivation than some guys here, otherwise we would still play sportscar gt.

So keep up the work guys! We love u. :)

7. Tosch

Tosch Registered

[​IMG]

8. Andreas67

Andreas67 Registered

Yes, looks great, but why you put so much energy in fantasy tracks? :(

9. sg333

sg333 Registered

Toban may be THE most requested track ever on this forum

10. Andreas67

Andreas67 Registered

OK, well, I am sorry.

11. Emery

Emery Registered

Yes, yes we would still play SCGT, LOL!

12. Emery

Emery Registered

Tosch, comparison shots like that remind me how silly comments like "it doesn't look any better than rF1" were (and still are).

13. Tosch

Tosch Registered

True. :D

Another aspect is that the ISI track team (and all hobby modders too) improve their skills with every project/track/car. It just takes time to figure out what you can do with the gfx engine. Other devs may have a different approach and create a huge material library before they release something which results in a uniform look for all content. That can be a good thing but on the other hand there is the danger that everything looks the same. I love the fact that I only have to look at a single screenshot to know "that's woochoo's Longford" or "that's a VLM track". That kind of artistic freedom will produce in the long run the better and more interesting results.

14. Flaux

Flaux Registered

I'm sure Toban will be as great as Mills. I drive a lot at Mills. Even though I miss the birds. Somehow I haven't seen them flying around in the latest builds and versions... why is that?

15. Flaux

Flaux Registered

+1

16. sg333

sg333 Registered

ISI test servers have "Whirlwind grand prix" and I've seen "Whirlwind medium reverse". I wonder is that just a testing code name for Toban or if they've renamed it/redesigned it/"inspired" by Toban or whatever

Also hints we are getting reverse layouts

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

The best reason to not complain too much that Toban didn't come out earlier!

18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Because a number of fantasy tracks, Toban being a notable one, are as good or better than any real track in existence. The "magic" that makes certain tracks flow nicely or be challenging or just have a cool atmosphere can be recreated in the imagination and digital world. Thank goodness, since there are so few real-world tracks that rank as awesome and a good number of them that have ranked that highly are already abandoned or gone. They live-on in the digital world.

And we don't need to discuss the number of real-world tracks that are incredibly dull, repetitive and uninteresting.

19. bwana

bwana Registered

It's winter at mills, they have migrated south.

20. samcar304

samcar304 Registered

We now just Pray for Lienz :)