Assetto Corsa Respectful Comparison

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Minibull, Nov 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Spent 7.5 hrs with it last night and another 2 today, the more I play it the more I get disappointed and bored with it's physics.

Maybe Kunos did a good job in making going around a corner at fairly high speeds nice and natural, but driving a car hard and all it's micro movements and dynamics is 1000000x more dynamic in reallife and in RFactor, than Assetto Corsa. Even Kunos' previous title, Netkar Pro, felt more high-fidelic and dynamic/"free" in it's physics than Assetto Corsa, it's not pure sim-cade, but it's not a true 100% hardcore sim.

I can see why most ppl think it's the most amazing thing ever though (just read all the other forums and Youtube comments), SADLY.

2. brabham67

brabham67 Registered

Probably not. The general consensus is that it's really not as good as expected.

3. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

Considering it uses slightly modified Race07 tire model and physics.... it's not that great. A lot of people don't believe that is does, but think about race07 next time you play it. The feeling and look of how the cars behave is just about identical. Also they said that it is gmotor2 physics engine in a vid or online a while back. I think simbin made a terrible mistake with not going all out and creating a next gen GTR 3.

4. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

How do you have so much time to drive AC :D (I only have total of 4-6 hours per week for sims)

Imo no point in using that much time testing this early version of AC... wait few updates and then do the test again... more fair that way.

5. brabham67

brabham67 Registered

From Assetto Corsa's Facebook page...

6. I3bullets

I3bullets Registered

You know what bugs me? Have a look at the tabs of the two web sites:

"rFactor|The Future of Race Simulation" vs "Assetto Corsa | Your racing simulation. The most realistic PC racing simulation."

See? Whereas ISI is somewhat modest AC claims to ALREADY BE the most realistic simulation. Obviously false claims as it stands now.
    Before the release they kept advertising by showing mostly screenshots, nevertheless in the minds of people the game became the "Holy Grail". The notion of a full release was kept alive until BOOM there was the "beta". And all people say is "Just wait how good this sim will be!"
    To me AC is the "sim with the most promises yet to be fulfilled".

7. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

AC has the graphics front and have a wider public, then it is quite normal that the rest is waiting.

ISI highlighted physics, FFB, AI, multiplayer and graphics later, as they were also announced.

The two there will be advanced so patience :)
    rFactor2 is before two years, the comparison is not credible to me.

So as I say, everyone has expectations.

Me is the multiplayer missing, then no purchase for now :) see the price / quality ratio.

8. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I guess it's the same as adjusting in Logitech Profiles, because as I said I got rid of the deadzone by doing so :) But of course I can try the in-game damping too. Thanks.

9. Digi Lauda

Digi Lauda Registered

Both has to be enabled. Dampening in the profiler does nothing without commands from the game and the commands from the game are doing nothing when dampening is disabled in the profiler.

10. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Probably true... I had the in game damping to 0.15 so that's probably why the changes to logitech profiler made a difference. Now I have increased in game damping to 0.50 and the feeling is much improved. Thanks.

11. liebestod

liebestod Registered

Hate Budweiser because you dislike the beer -- not because it claims to be the King of Beers.

12. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Indeed, any developer/company will place its product as better/more advanced/tastier/next gen/future/more buttons/elite/etc.

It don't say anything about the product and if advertising is the thing peeps go by then they deserve to be disappointed :p

13. goerekt

goerekt Registered

so, day 3 with AC and i just asked steam support for a refund on obligingness, but they declined. i'm really unhappy with this product. the cars have no soul, one feels equal to the other, ffb doesnt communicate anything to me, physics seems kinda random. i know it is "early access" but it's so far away from what i've expected that i doubt AC will ever satisfy me. my computer can run rf2 better looking than AC so even the graphical benefit is nonexistent.
    maybe my expectations were just too high. maybe i expected the same "wow"-effect i had with rf2.
    two aspects are significant better than rf2: UI and loading times. and the grass is better looking.
    everything else equal or less good.

i would even say pCARS is better. (my opinion)

14. Niksounds

Niksounds Registered

"one feels equal to the other"
    this statement "undermines" your speech

Really for you is all equal? I can think you have to improve your sensibility! (this is a little bit absolute affermation!)
    (and without offence!)

15. speed1

speed1 Banned

The guys lose the more and more sympathy with me. I don't like as the peoples reports on the forum are treated, many acts are with an excessive arrogance and ignorance imho. In my opinion there is no reason. If this is based just because of some steam racer wowed, then i can just use the head shake.

16. RodBarker

RodBarker Registered

I dont understand wanting a refund when its early beta what do you expect it to be a perfect finished game , dont you feel they will not improve it over the next year ? I drove it for a few hours and wont drive it again until its next update , I did the same with RF2 and Arma 3 . I buy into early betas to support the Dev teams and because I know I will buy the finished game so why not get a discount and have an early peak at the game .

I think people are too judgemental on betas , its not done until the fat lady sings give the Dev teams a chance to get things right .

17. williang83

williang83 Registered

No RodBarker, people are not too judgemental.....they are too childish.

18. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

It's ok to disagree guys, no one is necessarily wrong just different options etc,

I'm hoping AC turns into a top sim -updates & time will tell one way or the other
    if it does I think it will be good for rf2 / Iracing , it will help attract more in to the hobby & like me want to try another sim to have a small collection of sims

I'm actually banned from the AC forum. ( have been polite but I think mild sarcasm can be seen as badly I guess)

Gosh I've never been banned from anything for anything

19. Tosch

Tosch Registered

I believe Kunos needs a second Tim Wheatley. :D
    Most computer nerds, aka developers have no idea how to handle different opinions. Sorry guys, nothing personal, but I believe Gjon made a good decision some time ago.

20. I3bullets

I3bullets Registered

I see your reasoning. To stay in the analogy, Budweiser at least IS beer (isn't it? ;) ), just as advertised. AC is claiming to be but is missing all the necessary ingredients except water. I wouldn't mind advertising, even boasting, if the product delivered. In case of AC: Not just another "beta" but the full release they have been anouncing *shrug*

Oh, and just to clarify: I haven't been hyped prior to release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.