Assetto Corsa Respectful Comparison

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Minibull, Nov 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JorgeANeto

JorgeANeto Registered

Man... What about go to F1, you're too fast for simulators? They're all wrong except rF2, which matches to your unbelievable speed. Give a break!

2. JorgeANeto

JorgeANeto Registered

That's the why people do track-days. You don't need to be a stupid car wrecker to known what's needed to spin a car.

3. KILL BILL

KILL BILL Registered

My observation. I don't know what kind of a physicist, but I was much surprised.
    1. the car is in neutral position, not rolls down hill
    2. can move without the rotation of the wheels

3. Not able to overcome turn blocked internal tyres, car somehow goes past the turning.

4. I did the front dampers & ARB, and vehicle began to break away two internal wheels and fall under the asphalt outer. As if the main point of support not tire, and a Central axis. What is that physics is this? :)
    I write through a translator, so it may not sound correct

4. Miro

Miro Registered

The last one was funny.
    BTW have you guys driven the cars backwards? I have done that with the tech demo too as it was released but I just thought it is only me thinking crap.
    Can somebody who is playing it try driving cars backwards and tell me if there is anything weird or is it just me again? Try to steer in different directions at different speeds.
    I am not nitpicking on AC here, I am just curious about that.

5. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Just spent 8 hrs playing AC. It's 7:30 AM and I need to go to sleep so not going to get into too many details right now, but 1 thing is for sure, I am so underwhelmed.

It has it's good points, and it has it's bad points. It is not this all conquering sim to end all other sims.

The FFB is boring, all it tells me is some mid corner understeer, some loading up as you turn it more and some kerbs. I don't get the feeling of 1000 things communicating to me at once like I get in RFactor and like you do in real life, but this is just FFB, I'm sure this can easily but changed and tuned. The problem is some of the pure physics.

The rear slides out pretty nice but you get lots of weird wobble back and forth almost as if you over correct or something. You sometimes run wide because it seems like on the latter part of the exit it's almost like speed sensitivity kicks in and the car needs more lock to keep the line you were running even though you aren't understeering. If you aren't pushing the tyres enough or if you over trail brake then you get this really really weird un-connected just weird over turn in of the car to the apex, you'll be past the apex and into the grass, it's supposed to be simulating oversteer from over trailbraking but instead of the back coming around it's more of an over eagerness to turn Into the corner, its as if some invisible hand came down and grabbed the car and rotated it, it's not a natural rear stepping out at all.

There is a lot of blandness going on in order, I believe, to give players the impression of a stable car but it also comes at a cost, it seems, to the fidelity of the physics. It's not sim-cade, well I don't want to say it's sim-cade, but it's not 100% pure sim in my opinion, there is no way. It has nothing to do with harder to drive, easier to drive, etc. Like esteve and others have said, it goes much further than this.

6. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Wow those KILL BILL videos are pretty alarming about of AC physics. I have never ever witnessed such anomalies with rF1 / rF2. But it could also be that the AC physics engine is solid in the end, but the cars are made completely wrong. This can be done in rF simulations as well, some odd values to physics files and everything becomes very interesting.

7. KILL BILL

KILL BILL Registered

Recorded video closer. Better seen.

8. Domi

Domi Registered

Have you reported this bug at AC forums?

9. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Yes we have.

10. Domi

Domi Registered

11. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Nice post.
    People would never question reality. If something unexpected happens, then your first thoughts are "what caused this?". You get a sense of "enlightment" as you just learned something new, gained new experience.

If something unexpected happens in simulation, we often tend to question the simulation. Simply because... id did something else that what we expected :)
    We use our expectations and our understanding of real world as reference. This is a mistake. One needs to be enough open-minded not to jump to conclusions.

This doesn't mean we cannot be skeptical sometimes. Not jumping to conclusions doesn't mean we trust the simulation unconditionally.

Man, you made my day! :)

12. baronesbc

baronesbc Registered

more natural and realistic than this ...:

13. speed1

speed1 Banned

Yes many great thing are happening with AC but still.........

Do me a favor and just swing up the car on the sraight by alternating steering left and right. Try different angles and also go crazy by super fast inputs. If you still say it's naturall and believable, than i really can't help you guy's.

Another test routine : keep a high gear, try with 5th to roll very slow something around 5km/h, press full throttle, the car won't acc to high speeds but it moves slowly. Hold on the full throttle input and do the same again.

The car is able to dance and reaches movements i've never seen on a real car before. Something wrong with the suspension physic imho, but hey what do we know.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2013
  14. baronesbc

baronesbc Registered

in the second part of the video i did a bit :)

15. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

16. speed1

speed1 Banned

Yes but it's more visible when going crazy :)
    Let's see what the next update brings.

17. liebestod

liebestod Registered

I didn't know the FA was secretly a Reliant Robin....

18. Gonzas

Gonzas Registered

if somebody starts posting the Rfactor 2 physics errors in build 49 the list could be kilometric.

if somebody starts posting the Rfactor 2 graphycal errors in build 49 the list could be mulargametric.

so two years after Rfactor is becoming a great sim,and there are a lot of missing features , so it will be better.

in two years the list of mods for rfactor 1 was BIG, that means something , and the current content made by the community for rFactor 2 means something too.

the thing is, that something makes me think that we will not have to wait two years to see Asseto corsa in all his glory.

Regards.

19. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

When Build 49 came out, we were lucky enough to be compared to other sims (iRacing mainly, released 4 years before rF2 first was) in the same way AC is now being compared to rF2 after 2. Which shows exactly how silly this all is. I haven't see a single sim to sim comparison in a forum that really had any base in fairness or even really that considered enough aspects to make sense, because it's not possible. So why do people do it? Absolutely no idea. :)

AC is AC.
    rF2 is rF2.

They'll grow at different rates, they'll have different features, you'll possibly like one more than the other, someone will feel the opposite to you. There, I think I summed it up in a single sentence. ;)

20. liebestod

liebestod Registered

It's fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.