Assetto Corsa Respectful Comparison

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Minibull, Nov 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

So after driving in AC for two days straight I decided to give my other sims a run to see how I felt about them now. After AC I played RaceRoom, rF2, and GameStockCar. After driving with the very high fidelity physics in AC all these other sims now feel strange to me. The cars feel so light now. GSC still feels fantastic. RR just feels so bad now, It wasn't that great to begin with but the difference between it and AC is astonishing. As for rF2 I still absolutely love it as it's got alot more features, but if AC ever gets those features, as much as I hate to say it... AC's driving feels so much more immersive and realistic. Of course it's still rough around the edges, but I think it's going to be the new king... in a few years lol.

2. Niksounds

Niksounds Registered

same impression here.
    After one hour of AC , using another sim has a strange result.. !

3. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

I am really struggling to find any feeling of the road, the curbs, what the tires are doing, if the brakes lockup i just get a canned rattle on my wheel. I really want to get my FFB set up correctly. All i seem to feel at the moment is a very strong center spring and not much else. If anyone is using Fanatec GT3RS wheel can you post your settings if you have had good results.
    It is odd in the wheel set up screen I can actually see something like a 10% dead zone on the position bar when i turn the wheel through its rotation, as the wheel passes through the center position the bar halts or lags until it comes out the other side, I don't like the FFB right now but its hopefully my settings and can be rectified.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2013
  4. speed1

speed1 Banned

Well as you can certainly see now it works. What do you think why there are always a handful of people in the community complaining about while it looks like moaning and groaning because the common run of mankind don't care. This is offered to simplify where it only is possible whom the objective fact is the mass.

The only thing that is necessary to the conviction is to produce a familiar feeling regardless of whether it the image to 100% or not represents, provided the result is credible, create the necessary appearance and the package is almost complete.

People play to have fun not about to torture themselfes. If something is to scientifically, industrially and too time-intensive i'm not sure whether the whole thing as a game and leisure activities can be viewed or still would reach masses of people. I guess it is not good to sell.

ATM i'm still shocked by the masses response.

5. pas74

pas74 Registered

Mhhh!!! You have been "driven" by a nervous rf2 car ....maybe cause you need a good setup and to do a lot of training but..if you give up... you have always the option to use the "new era " easy drive ...easy ffb....easy physics..=ac.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9500 con Tapatalk 2

6. Tukkeuma

Tukkeuma Registered

I did some comparing yesterday between the two titles and i have to agree with most of you guys. RF2 still has better overall feeling of the road and grip. But the good thing is that Kunos knows their FFB is not as good as it should be and they are working on it. Interesting to see how it develops.

7. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Personally I wouldn't mind if there is one HC sim and one simlike (more easily accessible game, concentrating more on graphics and on "fun factor") in the market.

Then I would have more reasons to divide my time between these two when both has something unique to offer. If the core in both end up being pretty much the same I would pick only one (not going to play both just because of different content).

8. raekwon

raekwon Registered

i have the same wheel... and i cant complain about it in AC... make sure to calibrate your setup with the wizard integrated and for the ffb i use 50% on force in game...
    On-Wheel Settings:
    Sen- off
    FF- 100
    Shock- 0
    Abs- 0
    Lin- Off
    Dea- Off
    Dri- 1
    Sp- Off
    Damp- Off

I should have remembered everything

9. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Well after playing ac since the friday release i got to say it nice to finally have a choice because ever since rf2 dropped i couldnt drive anything else, i would try but nothing else come close, till now. Its not quite as hardcore as rf2 but still believable in its own way. :)

10. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Haha lmao.. slow-motion gear shift animation :D

But seriously, this was the first video of AC that got me a bit tempted to try it out! Nice. I like how the engine sound becomes a bit dull in cockpit. I miss that with most rf2 mods, it sounds like the engine is in the cockpit.

11. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

I gave your settings a try and things are much improved. Thanks

12. baked bean

baked bean Registered

lol Hedlund, he looks like hes got very cold hands ;)

13. raekwon

raekwon Registered

and one more thing, if you have a load cell brake make sure to use 1 as value in the gamma setting to make it linear.

14. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

We must also bear in mind that some people comparing these two sims run RF2 with FFB multi at 2.0 and smoothing at 30 making it feel like Sega Rally ;)

15. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Well I run rF2 between 0.9 and 1.0 and smoothing set at zero and the wheel feels alive with input from the car, If I can achieve anything similar with AC I will be very happy :)

16. osella

osella Registered

I won't comment on the physics or graphics much because that has already been done enough in this thread. But what about UI?

The difference in UI between rF2 and AC is so astonishingly huge that this aspect alone could cause better sales for AC imo. In short, UI in AC is pure genius. Everything is exactly where you expect to be, and it looks so modern.
    ISI *desperately* has to do something about theirs, whole rf2 UI looks like 15 years old. They haven't made it any better in those last 2 years and they will pay for it IMO.

Also, loading times in AC are lightning fast.

17. rene-xmg

rene-xmg Registered

18. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

The UI in AC is the best I've ever seen in any title
    The "apps" that swing in from the right ( that apparently can be added to with user mods, i.e: f1 tv overlay options etc ) is a great idea

It's slick & fast, seamless

19. F2kSel

F2kSel Registered

For me my only problem is going to be the ffb, I have over the years developed RSI which can be extremely painful.
    In pCars,rf1,rf2,GTR series I have no problems but in LFS and AC a few hours and my hands are in pain.

It's hard to say why this happens it just does, I suspect it's something to do with the heavy spring feel.
    If you turn down the forces you reduce all forces around the centre but as you turn the wheel the forces increase probably still more than I can cope with.

20. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

+100

I had high hopes too. I was super excited about pCARS, mainly because of the team behind the work. I felt they sold out with NFS:Shift in order to get the funds to go on their own and go back to their roots. I was sadly wrong about that. Then I got just a tad excited about AC (I say a tad because I have never been blown away by NKP like so many others) but the Tech Demo killed those hopes and this new beta killed it even more.

It really does look like ISI is the only team that marches to their own drummer and is willing to stick 100% to realism and not go the route all the other teams are going. I hope that people will finally put all their eggs in one basket and start focusing on modding for rF2. iRacing seems to also be sticking to realism too. I haven't had a chance to try NTMv5 yet but v4 still felt a little odd to me where you couldn't catch a slide to save your life. I hear v5 is drastically better in that regard. Although the v4 Skippy felt good to me. It was the C6R in v4 that was really odd to me. Once it started to slide it was nearly impossible to catch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.