Assetto Corsa Respectful Comparison

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Minibull, Nov 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I have both and like both, where is the problem?!:confused:

2. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

And last thing I can say about that car (that can be taken for GT2 too, and maybe some situations of the rest of the cars):

Compare to this video:

For guys who can't see the difference... let's see how I can easily push full throttle, from 0% to 100% with any reaction, the car totally glued to the track. I did 1:33.8 with any practice, I tried 11 cars in all tracks during 48 hours (10 hours driving I think). So calculate how much practice I have and how easily I almost reach the rel time, 30 mins more driving and I would do 1:32 for sure with default setup. Despite of that I have any problems from min one to push full trottle over kerbs, or in mid turn phase, sometimes the rear end slides, but I don't need to countesteer, I just keep turning and pushing hard, even more weird than I thought xD

Compare side by side how real car have to fight with rear end in some turns when he push more than needed, or in his two laps how he has difficults to do last chicane, a chicne that I do full throttle with any problem, I could do a slightly tighter chicane and would be full throttle too, because I can do this chicane so easily at full throttle. The overal safe feeling is not great.

And in any way, try to do the slides that you can see in my previous video because It's impossible, you will only do something "similar" if ou destroy the setup, with 0 downforce and destroying suspension setup too, and even doing that you will not get the same results: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7GjE_PXmtY

PS: I'm not saying the overall quality is bad, if online is well implemented, and the game will have a nice career mode... I will enjoy It so much, for sure, I hope It!!. I'm talking about pure simulation, physics, and the posibility to use It for hard and competitive league racing, I will not choose this sim for that.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2013
  3. pas74

pas74 Registered

quote ++++10000000000!!

there's a difference like the day and the night !!!

in the reality like in the video the pilot make an hard work with the wheel and throttle

in ac it's like driving with a joypad...but kunos said that it's the new era of simracing!! ...THE SIMARCADE SINDROME....

4. Tuno

Tuno Registered

Another video to compare

Assetto Corsa has very good physics of suspensions and the tires feel a perfect grip in low speed rf2 grip is minimal, I think in this aspect Assetto feel better.
    The FFB conveys very well the weight of the vehicle, that he had not been in any simulator but no effect on curbs.
    The graphics are somewhat better than rf2 and FPS is much higher. They are well below the graphics Pcars.
    The sounds are good.
    Load times are very small.
    The clutch is similar to iRacing.

Very good feelings in a beta, hopefully the online come very soon.

5. FOG>Daheee

FOG>Daheee Registered

How can you complain about realism when you are not even running with any FFB on your wheel. Turn that on and then see, you will have to make small adjustments. I do agree though that the car does have a bit too much grip as you should not be able to floor it out of some of the corners.

6. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

What the...? No FFB? I have a G27 and pretty well configurated, and I like the AC style, not as much as rF2 FFB, but It's something I like to drive with in AC xD omg... people are awesome. And despite of that, even If I were running with no FFB... does It matter? I don't need to do corrections because the rear wheels don't lose traction in any way and if It lose grip, I don't need to correct beacuse just still turning the wheel the car recorvers grip himself in most of situations (in 0:47 of my lap, I lost the rear end, but I recovered It just still turning, no any correction needed, from external cam was visible how rear wheels slided, but as I said, weird the way It recover grip). The FFB does not matter, the FFB only shows you the car is losing grip, activated or not doesn't change the grip levels. And FFB deos not force you to correct, only shows you when to do.

Repeat, FFB on, at 107% in my profiler, and pretty hard in AC.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2013
  7. goerekt

goerekt Registered

I will try AC as soon as there is a multiplayer, even when i have to pay the full price. I would really like to know how the game performs on a AMD HD7850. Anyone?

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

very well indeed, but it is just one car dont forget, the true test will come with AI & MP.

9. Niksounds

Niksounds Registered

also i think that there is considerable margin of improvement. AC now it isn't a closed box.. indeed!

10. Miro

Miro Registered

Eeeep, have to correct myself, by un-checking the look to horizon box or what ever it is called all good.

11. liebestod

liebestod Registered

No! Don't turn that off, it's the best thing ever! :D

It's like a 'lite' version of RealHeadMotion but in the game by default.

12. Miro

Miro Registered

Hehe no, I don't like that. It's like having some sort of fender in the neck whilst going over the bumps lol.

13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Well, I'll jump back in to the thread title that I started (and it somehow got merged with another).

Graphics: on par with rF2 in terms of quality and FPS when settings maxed, so AC does not have the advantage I expected it to in that regard.

FFB: as others have said, I wish it was made clear if they intended to retain the nKP flavour of FFB--that was always my least favourite part of that title. Since there is next to no FFB when hitting curbs,road irregularities, etc., I sure hope that whatever they are planning next is actually physics-based. It's a bit scary to contemplate.

Steering and brake have "gamma" settings to adjust the linearity. The throttle does not and they have chosen to lock-in a very non-linear, dull sensation throttle mapping (presumably to make the high powered cars easier to drive). This is completely expected in a console-level game, but not in a sim. Presumably they will add this adustment later since it already exists for the other two axes, but what is the thinking here? That scares me more than the missing slider in the UI.

Auto-clutch doesn't work as expected, but the gear grinding may be an intentional penalty for using auto-clutch instead of a real one.

Overall lots to like, but any concept that this is a finished product can be thrown out the window. I do feel that Kunos press releases have been disingenuous about the state of completion of the title. On the other hand, I'm happy to test along for a small discount, as I am with pCARS and rF2, which regardless of official statements, is still in beta form and development.

I just hope AC starts to feel and act a lot more like rF2 as it evolves, because it's way too much like pCARS now for my liking.

14. Domi

Domi Registered

I thought the same initially, but the default setups seem tuned to help those average Steam users to not spin every lap. Stiffen the rear, move the aero balance a bit to the front, and the car is muuuch more alive.

15. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

I tried lowering downforce and using stiff suspension, and yes, are "harder" to drive, but the sense of safety and lack of oversteer in high spec cars stills (GT2 and F Abarth). And when they lose grip It loses speed in an extrange way and recover grips again, you can't do powerslides in a way It's supposed to word, and this rear grip issue in slides is in all cars, also in street cars (but despite of that this cars are great to drive). In reality It's not hard to powerslide with BMW E30, but in AC you lose much speed when sliding and you suddenly recover grip again.

It's not bad to drive, I have fun driving these cars, but I said before that It's only about physics I.m talking about (the overall quality is great), how accurate they are.

16. FOG>Daheee

FOG>Daheee Registered

Well thats very weird how the Grey bar on your Pedals app does not move at all which is why I mentioned it. This would indicate that FFB is present. And I was not having a go at you so dont get all defensive we are having a discussion here thats all.

17. FOG>Daheee

FOG>Daheee Registered

I got a 7950 Boost and it runs great in fact alot better than rf2 for me so you should be good to go.

18. smithaz

smithaz Registered

You are right Esteve, Assetto does have a sort of excess of grip, I thought the exact same thing when I drove the Formula Abarth. I don't know how anybody can defend it! For me it is the realisation that AC is just a Forza for PC, it is not at all like rFactor where the limit is easy to overstep and difficult to go fast.

19. Domi

Domi Registered

Dunno, I was trying to push a lot the F Abarth (stiffen rear, more front aero) and it is much more tricky, especially on corner entry. I would never say it lacks sense of safety, even less if I was really driving the real car :p

20. Domi

Domi Registered

I must be playing different games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.