Assetto Corsa Respectful Comparison

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Minibull, Nov 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minibull

Minibull Member

Anyone here tried the Lotus 49 in Assetto Corsa?

2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Yes just had a couple of hours with it,

It's (to me) better than iracings but not as good as isi's

Isi's will take some beating, they are amongst the very best cars in sim racing

AC is going to take a good few updates etc to bring it to a regular use sim
    (It doesn't have a lot of the annoying things rf2 has though if I dare say, shadows fine, no plug delay etc )

3. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Lllll.. I dont now why, but I saw this thread coming here from 213123213 miles, I was actually waiting for it and trust me, it won't end well:p
    I purchased AC already and I will test it tomorrow so can't say anything about physics and ffb, but damn from replays AC as graphics, lighting, shadow, reflections and smoothness beats rf2 by a big margin!

4. Miro

Miro Registered

Tried it, just came back lol.
    Wont change as much as many people thought.

5. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

It feels amazing and not only that car, all cars are magnificent. The sounds are perfect and visually very good.
    Today I had the best experience in a simulator.

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I think comapring laptimes and videos of sims is pedantic.

Sry OT

Lotus49's and Silverstone 2012 you can add to that any number of others

WD guys, how original ( I mean the developers not you guys :) )

Why do they all have Nords and not one Dundrod or Ulster or Isle of Man.

Decades for community to even have a decent Bathurst with iRacing ( no offence to codemasters lol or modders meant ;) )

7. tjc

tjc Registered

You tried it yet D?

8. cookie

cookie Registered

I have spent an hour with it, I don't think ISI have anything to worry about . Just setting up my oculus rift to give that a bash, there's an option in the menu's to enable Rift support.

9. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

Asseto Corsa will be fantastic.... in one to two years. It is still in very early beta stages. Rf2 is finally looking and playing much better and it took time to get there. AC will be the same in that respect.

After playing AC for a few hours there are good and bad things of course. One being the AA... ARGGG its got AA problems just like rF2 but worse! The physics of the cars look amazing, but the FFB doesn't do them justice, so its like the reverse of rF2 where the FFB and physics feel amazing, but don't show it in replays. The HDRI has issues also in AC where is gets over blown or isn't set right as it is now. Rf2 has better replay cameras. AC replay cameras are either too low, or too close so you can't really see what the car is doing, and there isn't any fancy track or turn specific cams like rF2 has. All that aside I think it is good and will be great in time. Right now it is not an rF2 killer by any means. I am just glad I have another promising sim to play. :)

10. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

I am waiting for modding support and 75% sale at Steam.

11. Miro

Miro Registered

Yes they have few things to sort out but it will come along nice just as rF2 did or does.

My guess is it will catch up the people which have raved about the MakCorp open wheeler being the best rF2 car.

12. MoodyB

MoodyB Registered

From the videos I've watched, it seems that the AC tracking replay cams suffer from the same problem that rF1 did, in that the camera is centered on the car models' pivot point, when it should be offset higher than that.

The close cams are just trying to copy what Gran Turismo started. GT3 & 4 had some fantastic replay camera angles.

Problem is that some people enjoy these cams, whereas others want realistic, tv-style angles instead.

In a perfect world, every rF2 track would come with a set of each style to please everyone :)

13. Galaga

Galaga Banned

I'm so overwhelmed with rf2 goodness I don't have time for AC. Build 342, Loch Drummond, several historic league races and championships, Live Racers / ISI servers, Le Mans, T280 on the way. Who knows what's next? I can barely keep up and I am loving every minute of it.

14. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Im very happy seing all the fan boys who spent 2 years complaining of RF2 development now having a BETA without multiplayer, AI´s controled cars or even damage.
    This announce makes no sense. AC allways claim they want to be diferent, etc, but in the end they release something wich i think is just a "give me your Money" stuff. Who in perfect sense BUY A RACING GAME where you CANT RACE??!

Not only i will remain in RF2 as also the community i own. Long Life to RF2.

15. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I'll get called a fanboy for this but ACs L49 seems simcade to me and AC can't hold ISI's jockstrap in the ffb department.

16. sg333

sg333 Registered

I'm seeing complaints that the AC screenshots released to date seem to have been handpicked, and in general it looks nothing like people thought it would.

17. Golanv

Golanv Registered

AC feels really good at the moment, its not rF2 (yet? if ever), but I'm sure it can hold its own in the competition. It seems to have few issues, but nothing too major. FFB being one of them, which isnt bad, but it should be better.
    HDR profiles arent really good, especially the ones used for replays during daytime.
    Atm. I would rank it somewhere between rF2 and iRacing when it comes to the feel of it. Looks wise, its about the same as rF2, but thats a harder comparison to make. Somethings are right up there, somethings arent.

All I can say with certainty is that I'm just so happy we are being spoiled with all this Sim goodness right now. I know I have my hands full with AC, rF2 and GSC2013, each getting more content and updates is just gonna make life (Simracers life) even better.
    Keep up the good work, all of ya.

18. Adrian

Adrian Registered

So... lets rename this thread :p

I have a few problems with it so far (flickering, can't disable Oculus when its plugged in) but it seems to have a lot of promise.

The two things I noticed first/most is that their trees look really good and the game world looks very '3d', I think it might be the grass helping with this. I would really love it if ISI borrowed their app layout idea :cool:

19. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

I installed that F3, drove 1/2 lap and took it off again. :) Don't think I'll bother with AC just yet .

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I'm liking it (AC in general that is), lots of potential, mainly interested in the AI when they release that update so right now it'll be good for a few days but the novelty will wear off.
    Can see me spending 50/50 between RF2 & AC in the future....which is nice :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.