Isi servers .. Finally well done

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nazirull Safry Paijo, Nov 7, 2013.

1. stevo.zilik

stevo.zilik Registered

"Official" race does only mean that the results have been confirmed with uploaded xml results file

"Rating" race is a race that counts towards driver's rating. That's by default min 8 Drivers and 14 mins, but is configurable by the owner - ISI.

2. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Yes its fine.
    But a liveticker scrooling would be a nice feature and i believe it doesnt need a huge ammount of programming.
    Anyway, i didnt read all thread and i believe im going a little offtopic. Ill send you an email soon with some sugestions of our members.

3. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

Awesome. I'm really looking forward to this! I've registered and I'm looking forward to the community growing and populating the servers!

4. Kevko

Kevko Registered

I am impressed with what I see so far. Hopefully this will increase the amount of online participants. I will have to try and join one of these this week.

What differences should I expect from these servers vs what was already available? Is voting to skip sessions or add AI disabled in these? Or is this primarily just server info being streamed to our web browsers now?

edit: Browsing around the site, it is looking very good. One thing I noticed though is that the track doesn't appear to show anywhere on the results screen for a race. It only shows on the "all sessions" screen. A bit minor though. With a bit of polish, this could really be amazing.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2013
  5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Differences from open rooms I would say peeps being quiet/er in qualifying and race sessions.

So far settings are much what your average open rooms are

You can vote atm as for AI I hope they disable it permanent :)

I think pit limit should be enforced, for one it is good practice and another short sessions speeding out and in can be a advantage.

6. Miro

Miro Registered

Hmmmm, when I try to join the ISI GT server I can't see the cars to choose. When I click on tuning I just see the GTR, no Camaro. Yes the ISI GT server.
    Am I doing something wrong?

Edit:

When I actually join it loads LRP uphill. When I am in it kicks me out and says "server doesn't recognise vehicle"

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2013
  7. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

I believe they select specific cars to race for specific weeks. So while the server will be dedicated to GT Cars, they'll limit the car type and track for a specific week or two. Then they'll rotate.

If it's the GT server it looks like it should be the Camaro right now. The special server is running the GTR.

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Ah ha! Same issue I have, while others have no problem at all. But you say you actually get to select the GTR? I don't... I just see options of back and ok and no selection of a car at all. Or do you mean you see it in the server?

9. Miro

Miro Registered

Well I can't see the car but I was just clicking around and heard the click sound. But I can see the tuning, back and join buttons. When I click on tuning I am in the showroom but with the GTR.
    I'll upload a screen.

Edit:

And just saw here on the forums you can see me actually being in the ISI GT LD sever.

10. 88mphTim

Yeah, you have the same issue as me, exactly. :) You go in, get a mismatch (you load Lime Rock, and get a mismatch for Loch Drummond), and are kicked. I think I'll have the GT reinstalled, I'm sure it's sharing some directory it shouldn't...

11. Miro

Miro Registered

Nice thx, I'll try later again then.

12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

One problem I have noticed Tim.

ISI Historics 4 or 5 times I thought my K/B batteries had died.

I would be chatting or doing something on top ( fullscreen window ) and the K/B would freeze.

Can't say I ever had his happen before apart from lag, etc.

Could it have something to do with the buffering that Live Race does ?

As I posted this it did the same thing , half way through sentence K/B froze, closed Live Race window and K/B responds.

As well I noticed sometimes that ESC never responded with car stopped, I assume now it was the same issue/bug.

13. 88mphTim

It could be, yeah, depends how their site works. I can't really say I'd have it open while driving, either.

Try the left CTRL, if that doesn't work, then it probably is the same thing, yeah.

14. Miro

Miro Registered

Whoa, might consider slightly more rubber for a Q session, no?
    Being alone on the track with the Camaro is more of a fight to survive than pushing for best times. At least it feels like that to me.

15. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

I wouldn't recommend running anything intensive in the background when gaming and in my experience, LR can start suttering under some conditions even when the browser has focus. Whether it's browser, plugins, or whatever, I don't know but I've seen LR really bog down for a few seconds at a time in a browser on my laptop when watching live races. Now that laptop is a bit of a beater (Core2Duo 1.6, 4GB RAM, Vista) compared to my gaming rig but the behavoir sets off enough alarm bells that I know I don't want LR running in a browser on my gaming system when I'm racing. I used to have similar issues with iRacing... an old Flash plug-in meant I had stutters in-game when the browser in the background was displaying their results/stats ticker.

Nothing against LR, mind you. I love it and Stevo is doing great things with it. My comments relate to web browser code efficiency.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2013
  16. Galaga

Galaga Banned

No press releases on this yet I see. Makes sense, though, if you want to kick the tires a bit first. Definitely newsworthy, though, and I expect many still not aware who don't frequent the forums and that is good news because will mean we can expect even greater participation than today. :D

17. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Hope can share the widgets of the servers in fb for leagues that have no websites.

My widget stating the wrong vmod that is being used.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2013
  18. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

19. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

This should solve some of the issues and allow people to just jump in and race on-line , not sure why this was not done at product launch but its good that its there now.

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Yeah def something up with it mate.

I have always run a lot in background, Build60 I tried FSW and never went back.

I use 1920x1080 in 1920x1080 windowed aka FSW

I could never go back to alt-tab, imo FSW works better in rF2 then any sim tested, makes alt-tab but a memory.

People talk about windowed stutter but do not relate to rF2 in FSW
    Your thinking of other sims or little windows cut between apps ...or you have a low performance system, or you have hardware glitches, one or the other.

Anyways I have no stutter and no fps loss , the only thing affected 101% stability was LR from what I can work out. It is not a Biggie but as you said most people run fullscreen and dont use apps in room

Stll if you have not tried it and have a 1920 monitor click that windowed tab in rF2 config, nothing else, boot it and you tell me the difference apart
    from it being better then using alt-tab. ;)

Yeah mate I have always stressed rF2 to limits with multitask in FSW it is my duty lool rF2 just comes through anything for me.

I know FSW does not affect "my" rF2 in any way because I pull same laptimes in normal Fullscreen......so. ;)

Sorry for ranting but I run into people in LR rooms 2 days running ask how can I see driver rankings in the room without alt-tabbing. So hope it helps someone