BTCC honda

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ddd01, Oct 31, 2013.

1. sg333

sg333 Registered

All you need to do is tell Jason Plato "well, Matt Neal helped us out, sooo..."

:D

2. tjc

tjc Registered

lol... :D

3. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Ha ha, could just work...Tim my fingers are crossed.

4. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

I always had the impression that these guys are looking down on us simracers. Not sure why I feel this way.

Nevertheless, I'm very pleased to hear about the Honda BTCC stuff. I had no clue what ISI had cooking until now. Good times ahead. :cool:

5. seancleric

seancleric Registered

I'm going to mention it to the Pirtek guy who comes to my work to fix hose's lol tell him to get his boss told to say yes :D
    Maybe if you just ordered some hose etc they would be happy to do it, I know they aint cheap :cool:

6. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Regarding the last few posts: The pirtek team has been confirmed, some days after Tim had said he was going to try (don't know which post in which topic). I think it was said at the beginning of this month or something (not sure).

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

They already said yes. Didn't take long after Matt asked them, they get their car from TD, after all.

8. seancleric

seancleric Registered

Very nice :cool:

9. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

10. Chris English

Chris English Registered

11. JWE

JWE Registered

That would be awesome! :D

12. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

13. sg333

sg333 Registered

I'm beginning to wonder will we actually get the 2013 Honda. I imagine the release approval email went into a black hole, never to be seen again.

14. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

This is the stuff that all these other game companies and sim makers are using to promote/market/"brainwash" so many customers and potential customers into thinking their games/sims are the real deal, yet in RF2, which is the real deal, nothing is ever made of this stuff. No news articles, over dramatic videos (not a fan, but they definitely attract attention to the product), and so forth.

Even that F2 clip could have been more extensive, there was probably like less than 10 seconds of actual driving from the F2 driver in that video.

ISI really needs to work on their marketing/advertising/exposure strategies.

It's all about word of mouth and pumping out videos, news articles, teasers, etc. over and over and over and over and over again. So that people coninuously see the product on tons of racing game/simracing sites all over the web.

That's what AC does, it's what PCars does, and IRacing as well, Forza, GT, even Raceroom. I don't understand why ISI don't. The only thing I can think of is ISI are waiting for some huge graphics or "physics to graphics representation" improvement in order to be comparable to the other products in the "how it looks in videos" category before starting to really market it,and then they'll finally start really pushing it like the other games really do. That's the only thing I can think of that's holding them back.

Especially with youtube, simple news articles, videos, pictures, social media. It's not like you need big money for billboards, TV commercials, sponsoring events, etc. It's just simple free (or almost free) spreading of information over the internet. They should be pumping out crap all the time, even if it's just a 4 paragraph information article here, teaser pics there, video here. Have interviews of the gfx guys explaining RF2, have interviews of physics guys talking about what we'll be seeing in the next year, what they are currently focusing on, what they have accomplished with the newest car, have interviews with Gjon going into detail about the future of RF2, thanking the customers, what's next on the road map, etc. etc. Just keep stuffing the product down peoples throats lol (in a cool, informative & technical way, don't get too hollywood or people will see through it).

I know ISI aren't supposed to be your mainstream video game company, and thank God they arent as this would probably lead them to "less hardcore" in their physics like sadly some other companies have turned recently, however, they "act" a little TOO "underground". Don't come out saying your the best, and get all flashy and mainstream, that's not what I'm saying, just more cool sim-like info and awareness of the product needs to be CONTINUOUSLY released.

When I see 400 comments about AC, 250 about pcars, but only 50 about RF2 (on other racing sites) it worries me about ISI as a company and about the RFactor product.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2013
  15. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I agree Spinelli. I'd like to see dev updates on VirtualR and Sim News Daily and LOTS of screenshots a lot more often. Kunos has worked the hype machine really well- ISI would do well to learn from them.

16. Minibull

Minibull Member

It seems like 90% of the time, big hype mixed with video games always ends in disappointment. In saying that, I'd love to see them trump about what the engine and physics can do.
    That would probably happen after many things actually get implemented. I remember reading Tim saying that eventually, rain will be able to fall on different parts of a track, depending on where the clouds are, and that humidity will be always changing wherever you are on the track. Saying that amongst all the trees and Monza the humidity will be higher, etc. Plus wind...plus all the other stuff. Imagine at the Nurburgring or Le Mans...would be amazing at would help to make a truly awesome racing simulator.

I think that is the point when they will start to actually boast about what it can do. Until then though, there are enough people around to slag off the graphics and enough lacking features to make it a seemingly bad idea to promote.

Back on topic. C'mon Honda! Say "yes, it's fine" already and let the car be released... :(

17. tjc

tjc Registered

Biiig +1

What can be holdings things back for so looong...?

:(

18. datanode

datanode Registered

A board meeting ? Some legal tie in with GT6 ?

Things could be awkward if it has to get global approval.

19. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

BTCC and Silverstone National PLLLLLZZZZZZZ!

20. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Screenshots will attract exactly the wrong kind of people.