Connection lost- Server lost- build 342

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by TIG_green, Oct 31, 2013.

1. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I was driving in a server that had Meganes on Loch Drummond yesterday. After 1 hour of driving I suddenly lost connection to the server. After that I didn't see that server in the server list anymore (it had 16 drivers at the time I was connected, not ISR server though).

I tried refresh and relaunch of the sim but the server was lost for me. After that I joined ISR server and was driving there for 40 mins without problems before I quit.

How can a server disappear like this? This isn't exactly the first time this has happened, I think it was build 240 when this happened once.

Any ideas?

2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

The server crashed maybe?

3. Hany Alsabti

Hany Alsabti Registered

Same here. Sometimes it happens in isr server aswel

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk

4. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

perhaps... just wanted to make sure if it's something else. I could ask Abriel or Wajdi because they were there too.

EDIT: Abriel said he don't remember any crash...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2013
  5. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Is he ok?

:p

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

AFAIK there wasn't an issue with us that would have caused that (apart from perhaps the server crash being caused by the software).

Does he have a concussion? :)

7. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

hehe :D

I think he meant: don't remember= didn't happen to him (unless he have had a concussion :D)

8. steeve

steeve Registered

Same here, last night we had a race in a league, and about every 5 minutes lost connection. We tried two other servers leagues, it also gave the same result.
    Today, we were rolling on another mod and other circuit but still lost connection problem for any driver and the (host) server crashes.

9. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Something's wrong because over the last few days I have had to refresh several times to see a server and one time I could not see the server until I refreshed almost ten times. This is happening on multiple servers and I will be happy to make video of it it helps get the needed motivation. This can kill participation if people come in and simply don't see all servers and then leave thinking nobody is racing.

10. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

I confirm, the server crash for no reason.

11. Valbuena72

Valbuena72 Registered

Same Problem, dedicated server crash randomly
    How can we solve the problem that is quite a hassle! ?
    Here is the event log observers windows if it can help you

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2013
  12. Ozy LDDT

Ozy LDDT Registered

Hello All Same problem with dedicated for league french LDDT ...

Dedicated Bug (after 20mn) ...matchmaker not running correctly...???

Organise your championship event wedesnay last...

Thx for reactivity for this problem...

LDDT League.

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Unhelpful post time...

Ran an event ~15 hours ago, 1 hour solid practice, 1 hour 'qualifying' sessions (two Prac sessions, then Qual), and 1h45min race, 15 drivers, no disconnection or matchmaker issues.

Would like to reiterate the request (yeah, I know, wrong part of the forum) for the ability to connect to a server via IP:port in order to avoid any matchmaker issues if they do occur. The matchmaker is obviously extremely useful but if a server is 'physically' up then not being able to connect because of a matchmaker issue is a bit irritating.

14. Valbuena72

Valbuena72 Registered

No problem for the moment, the server does not crash for a few days.
    And holds more than 20 minutes
    Thank's ISI

15. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

Yesterday, multi server crash and all those that I have been dropped.
    Have played a few minutes and hop crash.
    I have noticed that if a voluntary collision crash server but the game (test)

16. VRG

VRG Registered

This is what happened last night:

1) at first try, after the 16th driver enter the session, 2 or 4 other drivers were instantly disconnected
    2) at second try, we decided to avoid practice and qualifying sessions and we immediately started the race. There were apparently no problems with 20 drivers connected. The formation lap went fine but after the race has started, when some drivers had an accident at the very first corner, the dedicated server crashed and all drivers were disconnected.
    3) at third try, all was fine as happened on 2nd try, but when a driver had a spin (during the formation lap) the dedicated server crashed.

Now, as we start our championship on 18th November, we need to rollback to version 300 (we need to test it as we've done yesterday) because we can't use the latest one, it's impossible to use. HOnestly, we didn't expected such massive problems with multiplayer, and this is frustrating. We hope that ISI can solve this problem as soon as possible.

Staff
    Virtual Racing Group

17. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

I've noticed servers disappearing and having to refresh multiple times for them to reappear in the lobby. Wasn't this a problem with rF1 as well?

18. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

In rF1 you could solve this problem by increasing the value of this option in the Multiplayer.ini file: "Concurrent Server Updates"

This isn't a solution for rF2 though. We just have to hit refresh over and over.

19. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Yes I have also noticed that many servers disappear fromt the lobby and I have to refresh multiple times until they are back.

For example, I knew my brother were racing in the Simracers4life (SR4L) server, and when I tried to join I could not find the server in the lobby. I had to refresh several times and suddenly it was back, with 3-4 players. And a few days ago, when I entered multiplayer, I was suprised that I could only find servers with max 2 players. I hit refresh button a few times, and suddenly I had a couple of servers with 10-20 players too.

:confused:

20. gagipro

gagipro Registered

+1 there's a huge problem since BUILD 342 : but no reaction from ISI !!!

since 1 week ...