[WIP] Nürburgring GP Circuit

Discussion in 'Locations' started by mianiak, Oct 29, 2013.

1. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Yep I can confirm this because it happend to me also (in the same race as bwana :) )

Alex

2. bwana

bwana Registered

Sry to beat you to it Alex. lol. was fun

3. mianiak

mianiak Registered

Ok, thanks. I'm actually aware of this, it is the issue I was trying to get fixed over the weekend and we thought we nailed it, but it's one of them random things that doesn't show up too easily. I will get onto this asap. But in the meantime it might be a good idea not to use this track for league races until I get a fix sorted out. Sorry about this.

@Mario
    Yes to the spline mapping, this issue I know about, apparently it's to do with welding uv verts together, but these squares only show up where different materials are used and welding the uv verts together doesn't work in this case. The materials are both set up identically except for the t1 texture. I couldn't figure out what to do so I just left it for the time being. And the billboards we are talking about are the sponsor signs, not trees :)

4. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Thanks a lot for this amazing track, really good job ! :)

My only concerns is a small detail as I don't know the track: on low car (like open wheeler, E.g.F3 historic), I have difficulties to see where the next curve is as I'm too low. Some visual things can possibly make life easier at border of tracks (cones?). In any case, it's just because we can't see pretty well and some cars are low (near the track). In any case, I enjoy it a lot, thanks :)

5. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

No problem :) Hope we see us on track again when my room temperature is lower and my brain has a bit more sleep inside :D
    I hope then the battle will be closer :)
    But yes was fun :)

alex

6. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

The track is great! I like the work that you have done on the pit lane, buildings and road textures are very good! I like the lighting too, but these trees ruins almost every thing else! It is like a very beautiful woman with a big nose and you will always notice her big nose!
    I hope you can improve these trees!

7. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

Thank you for the track, mianiak. Nice work. Good to drive so far.
    And thanks for giving me a laugh with "Voodoofone". ;)

8. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Thank you - very nice track ! :)

9. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Cheers mate, absolute A grade quality! Nice details and good FPS.

One very minor thing I noticed was the realroad doesn't seem to leave marks in the gravel traps like the the grass does.. Also will hitting the wheel guns in the pit lane ever incur damage?

10. mianiak

mianiak Registered

The wheel guns are not collideable, they are really only just part of what I want to achieve with that. I aim to have the guns held back and only come down for the pitstop. It's a first step in a pitcrew animation I have been pondering but haven't gotten around to trying anything yet. Its in a list of things I'd like to do, same as the paddock, this next track I am making will have more paddock details which will then open up more garage spots, these I will include in nurby when the time comes.

I'll check out the gravel, its only a tdf thing, not real road, as is with the grass, just a tdf thing where skid marks are placed on the surface.

11. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Interesting idea with making the pit crew as part of the track. Could just work...

12. Emery

Emery Registered

A refreshing conversion! The track was familiar from rF1, but it's so much better now thanks to your original additions.

I experienced a little oddity with the cameras, where the trackside cameras quick following the AI after I escaped into the garage. Recovered by toggling to in-car and back to trackside. Also the camera at the final chicane points into the hillside while the car accelerates into the distance.

Also there are no trackmaps when you're selecting which variant of the track to load. Nice loading screen once you select & load.

Those of you who were disappointed need to go back to rF1 and run the original to see the huge improvements.

13. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Hey Maniak,

Thanks for the track. I love the pit crew!!!. :)

But we encountered a little bug with the pit boxes and the ISI Civic. If someone choose the red/white Civic, his pit box is in the middle on the straight. :(

Here is a video of our event. Notice the car in the middle of the road at the braking point.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hqNC8B359pU#t=662

More info on this event:
    http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/honda-civic-nürburgring-gp-mon-9th-june.88348/page-2

14. bwana

bwana Registered

Known bug , being worked on

15. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Hahahaha! Of all the comparisons you could make... ;)
    How big is a big nose? And how big does it have to be to compromise the beauty of a woman? ;)

16. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Pretty darn big!

17. mianiak

mianiak Registered

The pitboxes/garage bug is fixed, I'm just waiting for anything else to come up that needs fixing before I make an update as it will be a full package, not just an update. Don't want to be constantly uploading a 300mb file each time I make a small fix :)

18. hoover

hoover Registered

Great news, Micky, thanks for taking care of it. If a driver quits during an online race, is there any chance his / her car will get stuck at the end of s/f when it's "saved in the garage"? I'm asking because we have a league race on Monday here ;)

All the best, Uwe

19. Justy

Justy Registered

Hi, since Build 770 I have noticed all the detail/objects (air lines, gantries etc.) in the pit lane and possibly elsewhere on the track, have disappeared. I assume this is probably due to the GMT issue mentioned in the release notes for B770. Seems strange nobody has mentioned this yet, but I hope this will be looked at when you have time. :)

Cheers
    Justin

20. rene-xmg

rene-xmg Registered

may I ask if you could make progress?
    thx