[WIP] Nürburgring GP Circuit

Discussion in 'Locations' started by mianiak, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Miro

Miro Registered

Thank you very much! Very nice work.

AFAIK that was an ISI track. Should explain it I guess.

2. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Mianiak Sorry but I'm disappointed. "What sourcery is this?!"

Sanfander, Pierelli, Bridgesteine, Polex, Fly Emirals. This is so god damned unnecessary. Why?! Still you've left the Bridgestone B - trademarked logo and the RBS, Royal Bank Scotland completely unchanged. If you REALLY want to be free of any sues or what the heck the agenda was behind this, you've failed. You've made a semi-fictional track for what reason?

I raised the question before but didn't get any answer to why you'd elected to do so.

I KNOW this seems like I'm being a spoiled moronic brat to say these things, but I sincerely don't get the reasoning behind it all! I could perfectly understand if you charged money for the release - because then you were making business and risked legal actions... But you're not charging anything for it! This is Ultimate ANAL! :( What happening to the knights of CC - Creative Common!

Other modders not charging, please don't let this paranoia get to you... This is not free modding as I know it

I still await proper (from the decision-taker) explanation for decision, asking for the second time. demand demand demand - hate me (and my unenlightenment?)!

3. cubbi

cubbi Registered

Does the sprint layout have DRS? Couldn't get it to work with the T5 mod

Stunning work btw, really like all the details and frame rate is not too bad either :)

4. lbird

lbird Registered

Thank you very much for this release, a much needed track addition. The slightly revised billboards do not bother me at all, but if i had a free wish i would like to have the grass textures improved and especially some more imperfections added when the grass texture is side by side with a sand texture for example. When you look at the replays you have very often sharp rectangular areas visible where the two textures are adjacent to each other. That looks very artificial.
    Otherwise again a big big thank you!

5. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Agree with your sentiments although I don't want to sound ungrateful or anything. Mianiak has done a real good job here and it's much appreciated.

I commented on this when it was first announced but I do find it a little strange that this 'unofficial' approach was taken with the 'Newerburg' name and all the false adboards. There is really no precedent to be so cautious with what is free content. Plenty of other mod tracks have been released using official names and adboards. Take Tommy's Hockenheim for instance.

It would be great if an 'official' Nurburgring GP version could be released at some point but I doubt this will happen. I will just say thanks to Mianiak for what he has done.

6. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

7. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

Great work on this track mianiak, looks good and runs smoothly. I'm not personally too concerned with the fictional stuff, but I can see how some might be disappointed in that. Anyway, you've done a great job on the track and it was worth the wait! Thank you!

Though, I kinda have to admit...I don't get the appeal of this place. The track layout itself is rather bland, and other than the one corner that sharply sends you from downhill to uphill, there's nothing special at all about it. Must be a nostalgia thing for F1 fans I guess. It's great that they have another well-done track they can race on. Thanks again mianiak, great work.

8. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

I'm just raising the questions I would like to have an answer to. I don't want to come of as ungrateful or a spoiled moronic brat, like I said - it might seem like it though... I'm just completely puzzled - I don't get it, because like you said there really is no reason to be so cautious with free releases. Yet he hasn't changed the Trademarked red and black B of Bridgestone, and the dark blue with white RBS and the "star" is unchanged - so inconsistently cautious to me - it's just awkward. It does kill some of the immersion for me... Unless I was in a very heated battle, I'll be going passed the POLEX boards and think "wtf", everytime.

9. BlkJello

BlkJello Registered

Thank you. Excellent! :)

10. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

If you guys look back through the thread, you'll find a point where mianiak stated that he wasn't entirely satisfied with the layout or dimensions of the track, or something of that effect. He was considering, at that time, to leave it as just a private project and not release it. I think myself and a couple others suggested he release a fictional version, to alleviate his concerns that the track wasn't up to HIS standards for Nurburgring.

I doubt this is anything to do with fearing legal issues or anything, more likely that he just loves the track that much and until he could make it 100% perfect he wouldn't try to represent it as the 'real' Nurburgring. That's just my opinion anyway, from what I remember from several months back.

PS: I think he's done a perfectly fine job of it anyway, and if it were called 'Nurburgring', it would be received just as highly as it is now.

11. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

I know mate, I wasn't suggesting your were acting spoiled or anything. 100% agree with you.

You just have to be careful on these forums. People take constructive criticism and observations completely the wrong way sometimes (not suggesting Mianiak is one of those people).

12. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Track looks nice. But what the hell happend to the part between turn 1 and 2? :D It's way too long? Bad source where you converted it from or is it part of the new movement of modding art like peclair did it with his kerbstones? :D

13. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

Please don't bitching about really minor things like names, which aren't important at all. Rather look at quality and enjoy the track. He has own reasons for doing that. I believe he don't want to risk all hard work he is already done and want to be 110% in safe side. Yes there is other tracks that has proper names, but nobody knows what can happen tomorrow. Things can change drastically in a short of time and all legal content today, can become illegal tomorrow. Who knows? I personally really give a f... about names when is for free, when a man work hard and share his work for free to audience to enjoy. This is for me far more valued, than some incorrect(and with reasons) brand names.

14. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Thank you, very nice track.
    Replays are just great in 3D :).

15. Fraggon

Fraggon Registered

Yeah, bummer :(

16. McLeo

McLeo Registered

Incredible.

17. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It's one of the stock rFactor tracks which he brought up to rFactor 2 standards, the original was quite a bit off - like the Catalunya track for example - but there was no reference help from folks here to address the inaccuracies.

18. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Really enjoying the track, thanks again Mainiak, it seems brighter here for some reason i dont know. Great fun in the FR3.5 2014 and the A.I are really good too i think. Ive managed a 1.44:3 which i was pleased with. Good work Mainiak :cool:

19. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Brilliant work man! I had a blast in the FR3.5 '14!

20. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Thank you Mainiak for all the hard work ! one of my fav's , so happy to finaly have a good version of it ..;-)