To EVERYSINGLE AMD Radeon Graphics Card User

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by Spinelli, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Get RadeonPro and use that for your settings instead of CCC. Unlocks many more of the "hidden" options buried in CCC.

- Give SMAA a try to help with image quality and frames. Its another one of those cheap, "thanks a lot consoles", post processing types of AA just like MLAA and FXAA, HOWEVER, the big difference is that SMAA is supposed to blur textures way, way less than FXAA & MLAA. I think FXAA & MLAA look terrible, I bought a PC and a 1080P monitor for a reason, if I wanted things all blurry and looking like someone smudged a bunch of crap on my screen I would have bought a console, and thats (supposedly) what the great thing about SMAA is. People have been reported super duper great results with SMAA relative to FXAA and MLAA.

- Also, it has SweetFX built in, you just apply it from within the program, you dont need to replace files in every single one of your game's folders and stuff. SweetFX can change the colors, contrast, sharpness, and LOTS of other great things. You can almost get an edited screen shot look while playing the game with the amount of visual tweaks SweetFX gives you.

- Plus, for RFactor 1 (and a bunch of other games) it adds ambient occlusion! Haha who would of thought RFactor 1 would have been on the official list of supported games! (who knows what other games it works with, maybe all RFactor 1 engined games?)

This page will give you info and some screenshot comparisons of some of the supported features of RadeonPro (make sure to full screen the images)

- Dynamic V-sync Control (DVC)
    - Dynamic Frame rate Control (DFC)
    - Movie Recording
    - OSD Functions
    - FXAA
    - SMAA
    - Ambient Occlusion
    - SweetFX

www.radeonpro.info/features/

Home page: www.radeonpro.info/
    User Manual - www.radeonpro.info/manual/
    More info on SMAA (download & watch the 200ish MB example video) www.iryoku.com/smaa/

2. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

So are you supposed to uninstall CCC? What about triple-screen users? What about Crossfire?
    You got a walk-through of how you got it going? I have it but don't use it, don't know where to begin with it.

3. datanode

datanode Registered

CCC hasn't worked since I did a format / reinstall. I have an old card, 4870, are these instructions aimed at those people.

I seem to have reasonable frames in game not amazing, no env / road reflection. Road reflection low gives me the black squares bug...

But importantly, I have no CCC so only adjust settings in game.

So do you use the new settings this tool gives INSTEAD of in game for a speed boost?

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

It's to replace CCC, there are still options in CCC like setting up eyefinity and stuff like that but I only use CCC for that. I always ctrl-alt-delete and close mom.exe and CCC.exe before gameplay (long history for many users now of causing stutters). Just set everything in RadeonPro, make a profiler for each game though. Make sure u uninstall and instal the most current version (April 2013 I think).

5. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Interesting. Might look into this. Thanks for info!

6. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

Did you manage to get SMAA working in rFactor 2? I tried radeonpro a few months ago but SMAA did not seem to work in game even though it was selected.

7. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

8. elcoco

elcoco Registered

thx spinelli

smaa set to ultra make me a big jump in fps,on my triple screen,

9. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

smaa to ultra but what are your other settings?

10. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Glad to hear!

DO NOT CHANGE THE GLOBAL SETTINGS GUYS, MAKE SURE TO MAKE/SAVE A PROFILE FOR THE SPECIFIC GAMES' EXE.

I suggest you guys look up what sweet fx can do ;).

11. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

I can't seem to get rid of the jaggies on the screen though.

12. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Would like more info on peoples settings with successful increases in performance. I have installed Radeon pro and I don't see any difference.

Thanks

13. sg333

sg333 Registered

I use a 200hz 42" Sony LED, no issues at all and motion is great. I believe HDMI is limited to 60hz but the motion looks incredibly smooth regardless.

14. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

I would like others settings too.

15. Coanda

Coanda Registered

I use RP and am very happy with it. I've tried using SMAA in the past and now with b342 however I cannot notice any difference in AA quality? Using FXAA or traditional AA I can.

Strange....

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2013
  16. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

thanks for this spinelli ;)

17. datanode

datanode Registered

Gonna try it, but have no clue if it will help frame rate for me :D I think I decided a new computer / graphics card is what I need :)

18. gabriel666

gabriel666 Registered

hi guys sorry, someone can provide some profile more or less suitable for HD7870? not that I want to lay hands on RadeonPro, but try it this morning and I had to restore system, some bug'm sure something set wrong or ought not to have touched and then in RF1 and RF2 came with the settings that I have optimal as if all the minimum, like this:

View attachment 10549

View attachment 10550

is an example but this was exactly what happened to me

19. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Use RadeonPro instead of CCC, set CCC to app controlled for everything and delete or just change the profiles in CCC to app controlled. Then shut down mom.exe and CCC.exe (should always shut these down anyways). In RadeonPro click add profile, point to the games' exe. Don't touch, tick, untick anything, except the few things you want to change like aa, amount of aa, type of aa (Multi sampl, adaptive etc).

Make sure you also right click on the game in the list of profiles on the left and click on apply settings. Also make sure when you are making changes that you are making changes tithe game's profile, not the global one.

20. drdrum

drdrum Registered

I installed RP and clicked to start it up but nothing happens. Where do I launch it from? The icon in the start menu does nothing.