REPLACED rFactor 2 Build 342 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Oct 24, 2013.

1. F2kSel

F2kSel Registered

Thanks. I did purchase it a long time back so I tried Launcher --> Activate and it said activation successful but update was still greyed out.

I then tried running online and after re-entering email and PW where it says login (email address) it is now un greyed and updating.

|I'm not sure how it became un activated but it seems ok now.

2. Kev

Kev Registered

Handling defenitely has been updated. I noticed it in unstable build. To me cars became more predictable and stable at edging situations.
    However, i also sadly noticed that again at low speeds i can not feel some cars at all. Formula ISI is undrivable again for me.
    And i also hope that bugs i mentioned during unstable testing will be fixed asap.

3. whitmore

whitmore Registered

LOading error

Any advice on this error. Is happening at various tracks with different cars

4. insatiant

insatiant Registered

Really appreciate the particle system for off-track dirt and grass now! The previous "wookie clumps" were jarring to the experience. Color shading and distance rendering also seem improved - I noticed stuff at Silverstone, like the 'S' 'I' 'L' 'V' 'E' 'R' 'S' 'T' 'O' 'N' 'E' lettering in the bleachers, which I hadn't before. This is all on medium-to-high settings, which I kept across the update.

5. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

I am in love with this new build! It looks like they have really improved the mirage effects. These shots were taken at Lock Drummond at around 8:30 in the morning with no clouds. Track reflections set to high. The bluish oily looking areas on the tracks surface are from the mirage effect reflecting the sky. It is very amazing in motion, and perfectly subtle.

Tim do you guys have plans to add this to the other ISI tracks and to tweak it further? Lock Drummond is the only place I have ever seen it before. It looks superb. Amazing work! :)

[​IMG]

Right click and view image to see full size

6. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Probably the best post in this entire thread. Other than the update itself of course lol :). Setting my fps cap to 120 fps and attempting to have it steadily stay there as much as possible, (I try to always be over 90, except the start and first few corners) gave me an entirely new and better experience of sims, regardless of the fact that I couldn't see the extra frames because of my old 60 hz monitors. The feeling and preciseness of the 120fps vs 60 was great; felt much improved, felt so much more on top of the car and in control.

7. mospider

mospider Registered

Is there a way to increase the brightness in the game? The cockpits in Build 342 are so dark that I can not see.

8. jeroen197

jeroen197 Registered

I am experiencing big FPS drops with this build running the Megane on the Loch Drummond track.

If the reflection settings are Low or High (rest is maxed out with 2X AA/AF on 1920x1080 resolution) my FPS drops from 60-70 to < 25 in various corners running with 10 AI drivers. When running with reflections set to off I'm having 50-130 FPS running with 20 AI which is more playable.

Also disabling the mirrors increases my FPS with 20-40. Why is there such a huge difference in minimum and maximum FPS?

PC:

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T (stock @ 2.8ghz)
    16 GB DDR3 (1333mhz)
    Gigabyte HD 7950 Windforce 3 (stock, latest drivers)
    Windows 8.1 (latest updates)

9. tjc

tjc Registered

This is a really nice build o0... nice shots too.

One thing though, Lock = England

Loch = Scotland

Not being a smart ass but they are completely different. :)

10. Sankaracharya

Sankaracharya Registered

Great update, FPS increased, graphics are better.
    Thank you ISI !!!!

11. Minibull

Minibull Member

...nah...I'm pretty sure Scotland is part of England maaaaan...XD

12. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Scotland is part of the United Kingdom not england :D TJC is correct

13. Minibull

Minibull Member

Yeah, I was joking, thought it would rile him up a bit... XD

14. tjc

tjc Registered

You Auzzies...

Always trying to rile people up eh...

:p

:D

15. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Lolll.... where are the rear suspenions of the f2 in the last screen?!:confused:

16. Minibull

Minibull Member

It's spelt "Aussies"...

...wait a minute...

17. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I get this issue on the Loch as well with the road reflections. It looks like a wet track on a sunny day, but is a dry track. When I first saw this I was confused because there was no spray behind me and when I went back to the garage I checked the weather and it was dry and sunny. Those are not mirages, the angles are all wrong for that. These are misplaced reflections.

18. Axel Moebius

Axel Moebius Registered

Anyone got visuel tyrewear?

19. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

I think reflections are over-exagerated. Check the images above, car reflects on tarmac as if it was wet or over a glass surface.

Maybe this new build goes superb for powerfull machines, but for us users who were already close to performance limits it's a big drawback.
    Can't the smoke/car reflection be turned off? Smoke is a fps killer with other cars in front.

20. Max Benning

Max Benning Registered

I found a odd bug during a race in the wet at Loch Dummond: AI had no rainspray behind their cars, while mine had, driving the same line. Haven't expierienced this before, any suggestions?