REPLACED rFactor 2 Build 342 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Oct 24, 2013.

1. gpfan

gpfan Registered

Really?? Are you sure?? It´s seems it´s lod management issues.... Any way, i´m talking about this when you see the car from outside camera:

We have this issue since the very first day and i´m talking about .......................... 2 years back until today and nothing was done/implemented??!!

2. emha76

emha76 Registered

Thanks guys! This is really great build!
    Were there any changes in physics?
    I dont know, maybe its only in my head but for example Corvette is much better now. Its like a different car, in a positive way.

3. hamiltonfan2205

hamiltonfan2205 Registered

It's good but still the glitch where ai cars don't pit for repairs hasn't been sorted.

4. 2slow4u

2slow4u Registered

My only certainty is that it happens only with rfactor 2.
    On my PC I have installed many games and simulators, and the problem does not occur with any of them.
    With previous builds of rF2, if the problem was present, it was so much negligible, currently is extremely annoying.

5. Duvel

Duvel Registered

it's really starting to look good now, but replays from tv cams are still way too dark, i assume the HDR being decoupled from cockpit view is still not rectified? Only when HDR profiles can be done on a per cam or view basis will things really start to look decent from all views, i think.

Also, shadows not showing under the cars from tv cams is getting tiresome now, it really needs a fix soon imo.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2013
  6. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Absolutely loving this build.
    Graphically looks superb now.

Great work ISI :)

7. Muxi-Mux

Muxi-Mux Registered

Really nice Build so far with slightly more frames and significant better Graphics. Thanks for this ISI! :)

Just one little issue i have to report:
    On Loch Dummond i have reflections on the dry road in some places. (see screenshot) It looks like the road is wet, but it isn't.
    System is an i7 with 670 GTX and 16 GB Ram. Settings are all maxed out. It's just on Loch Dummond, so maybe it is track related...
    Its more visible on moving pictures, but i hope see what i mean on the screen (under the car).

View attachment 10503

8. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I did the auto-update for first and when I launched the game from SimVibe and it gave me " errors, core 1.0 missed...." then I did a new and fresh installation and went well!
    I didn't make a lot of tests, but I did 4-5 laps with the Clio at Drummond and it looks much better visually! not sure about fps and performace but with 5760*1080 and every thing on high except shadow and environment on low AA-3 I get 40-65 fps!
    The thing that I really dont understand and stand at all that continuous drop from 65-60fps to 40fps ! I would prefer to have a costant 45-50fps without any drastic fps drop!

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

We've worked in various areas, and yes, if you've had an issue since day 1 and it isn't fixed yet, then it isn't something they've completed coding yet. I'm not sure what you're expecting to be said to you.

10. 88mphTim

The only certainty is that it might happen with anything rF2 is using. If you had this with previous builds, then you're still the only person with the issue in those builds as well. make sure your drivers are up-to-date, and run the sound tests in dxdiag. It could happen with a specific sound frequency or anything, the fact it happens with rF2 could simply be because rF2 uses something your system isn't working right for, and considering this is a single report, that is more likely at this stage. That's all that is being said... :)

Hell, I even had cracking once as my mouse was on the same IRQ as my sound card, every time I moved the mouse the speakers would buzz.

11. 88mphTim

Most people I think who have a different feeling of physics in situations like this, it's down to them getting more FPS, allowing their brain to react and 'feel' nuances and visual cues that were previously not there, or as smoothly displayed, due to performance. I also think sometimes people who don't like the handling of a vehicle need to turn down their graphics settings to maintain a minimum workable framerate. ;)

12. Tosch

Tosch Registered

That's not a problem with the gfx engine, but a problem with the track cam file. Maybe you can ask Vitua LM to update the track to todays standards and adjust the shadow range.

13. Duvel

Duvel Registered

happens on tracks like silverstone, too. GTX 770 here.

14. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I'm uploading a video right now showing you than I don't have the same shadow problem than you. Shadow under the car is always visible using same Mid-Ohio track and replay or direct recording with AI driving and using trackcams. It get lighter when far from camera, but don't disappear at all. I'll post the video here when ready in around 20 minutes.

What are your shadow settings in game ? I'm at maximum, so perhaps you're not at maximum and that explain the problem (low settings = low render)?

Edit: The video still upload (11 minutes left, anyway here already the link. Bad recorded quality sorry I didn't want to spend the night uploading it. Quality is enough to see the shadow under the car ;)

Upload done: watch from 1:11 to 1:20 it's when car is very far from camera...

15. Duvel

Duvel Registered

i use maximum, actually i have the lighter when far ones but they literally disappear or look very off from long distances. If needed i can also up a video for the issue on silverstone.

16. gpfan

gpfan Registered

That´s enough for me actually, it confirms my 1º statement that after 2 years Of development we still have birth issues.......

LOL, i´m curios what excuse your going to give me now......

Silverstone latest ISI Content:

17. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Drummond looks stunning with the new build:

18. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I tested Silverstone too few seconds ago watching a full lap made by AI driving and trackcams and once again I don't have this problem at all. Did you see my mid-ohio video post 133?

19. gpfan

gpfan Registered

Your using shadow at max setting and that way you don't notice as much as in shadow in high like i have.... You don't see undershadow disappearing but the problem remains in your video aswell, it´s not so drastic but i can see the undershadow disappearing.....

PS: Give me a full lap with everything max out and post the result here......

20. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

In my original fullhd video I can't see the shadow disappear, I guess quality in YT explain this. I see the difference between High and Max settings I agree.So that's user choice (and machine possibilities)...