REPLACED rFactor 2 Build 342 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Oct 24, 2013.

1. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Registered

Dont work by me , got a fresh Sys after a virus , but luncher stay gray : (
    Install all but not the Historycs , was that the foult ?
    [​IMG]

2. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Performance appears to be improved. Graphics and colors appear to be better 'balanced', i.e. car seems to better 'match' the environment. Nice. Smoke and debris much better. Cool having reflections where I could not afford them before. My graphics is 5900 series with one GPU disabled. Running mostly medium to high detail settings with medium shadows and everything else off. Very nice improvement in my experience. A+

Thanks to everyone in community who participated in the unstable build. I was unable to but appreciate those who were.

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Have you activated the product in this fresh system? Doesn't look like it. :)

4. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Registered

lol , after second try it works...think i forget by first the last " klick " , thx : )

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I am having some new problems which didn't exist in the old build.

I'm getting huge fps drops from tyre smoke now. I do a 180 spin and face my own tyre smoke = 50 percent fps drop.
    Also rain drops have become weird; when using the onboard view I cannot see the drops even though they're falling. When I shift to exterior view or cockpit the rain drops appear.

I tried messing around with my settings like you said in OP, Tim, but no luck so far. Maybe my settings are just way too high for my system to handle properly? I run most settings full/high and so on, but maybe I'm fooling myself here?

Windows 7 64-bit
    Intel i5-4670K CPU " 3.40 GHz
    Geforce GTX 680 2 GB
    8 GB RAM

But let me say for the record, that this new build is completely awesome... Respect to ISI and those involved in unstable build testing. Kudos!! This sim is really, REALLY taking off now, no doubt about it.

I can definately see, feel and hear the improvements. My god, those new sound effects made my day! Awesome stuff. Crashing these cars just became that much more nasty... :)

FFB feels much more precise and I'm able to really drive on the edge now. Dang, this weekend will be a good one... :)

6. gpfan

gpfan Registered

How it´s possible undershadow of every single car is disappearing in far distance at this stage of development...... to be honest this is super annoying and shows that some details were left behind, simple stuff to fix and we still have them appearing build after build!!!!

7. 88mphTim

Firstly, not simple. Second, how? Because it's an ongoing development, and we haven't done that bit yet. It's nothing to do with a fix, it's to do with implementation, this hasn't been done yet.

Not quite sure how it's a new appearance as you're also pointing out it's in previous builds, can you explain what you mean?

8. JJ Addison

JJ Addison Registered

Im running radeon HD 4870 1 Gig and rf2 was running just fine. A little dull on the graphics but ran fine. Since up date today its terrible I cant even stay on track so much chopping and refection's are crazy. I tried a few different things....turning stuff off.... turning stuff on. Any suggestions ? My rig runs every other race sim perfect. If you say I need a better card please suggest some that will run it the way it should. Cuz this is now un useable.

9. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

not sure if I have some problems with reflections: I'm seeing them ok on other cars but I have a feeling that there should be more on my own car (driving with cockpit view). Both reflections on high. Have to do some more testing.

One strange problem I have: there is a strange irritating noise when I'm in main menu (sounds like tea kettle or something when the water starts to boil, high pitch whining noise like "iiiiiiii"). It's gone once a track is loaded. Anybody else having this?

auto-updated from build 300.

Overall feeling is that it's a very positive thing that this was released, driving feel really good :)

10. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Tim may i just suggest, altho the tyre smoke and dust particle effects are much better now, all "next" gen games already use animated textures for particle effects, these new ones dont even have a rotation to atleast little bit fake the animation (i dunno if the rF engine is capable of some jibba jabba with particle effects), animated textures look very realistic, even tho these are a big imporvement, they are already out-of-date

11. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

This could be interference from the GFX card. Menu screens run at massive FPS. Have you limited your frames in the PLR in previous installs?

12. 88mphTim

Have a look at the release notes and it's wording.

Sent using Tapatalk - excuse the short post, etc

13. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Oh ye a read it, just didnt click in in this context

14. 2slow4u

2slow4u Registered

The biggest problem I'm experiencing in the new build is relative to the audio that is suffering from a continuous crackling, extremely annoying! :(

15. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

Think it could be like coil whine from his gfx card?

16. 88mphTim

I don't think that's a software issue from what I've seen so far...

17. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

ye i dont have such issue at all

18. johnsclander

johnsclander Registered

This happen with Vsync disabled. I had this "problem" too. Enabled Vsync and noise off.

By the way: it is just me or tracks load much more faster?

19. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

The sound came from my speakers, 100% sure.

No, I havent limited my fps. See my profile, I have pretty good pc.

20. ForthRight

ForthRight Registered

Somehow you made the sim run slightly better on my system and look better too - this is without changing any settings at all. Very nice!

I haven't tried rain with the new build yet but the new 'particle cloud system' sounds like a great idea - I really hope this feature continues in development because it could make a huge difference to the atmosphere and realism during wet races (or dry races with lots of clouds)! Sorry, I think I get a bit too excited about weather related stuff in sims - I really love the idea of having such complex and realistic weather systems running in things like rF2/Arma3 etc.

Wasn't expecting a new stable build this week either so it's an extra nice surprise. :)