REPLACED rFactor 2 Build 342 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Oct 24, 2013.

1. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

The Auto Updater didn't work fine for me. At the end of the downloading process it said it cannot find the sync manager program and that I needed to check if it was there in the update directory. I checked and it was there. I tried to launch it manually and nothing happened. So I uninstalled previous B300 and installed the Lite version of B342.

B300 was running all on max settings (but Asynchro x8 as I don't see any differences here). I set same settings exactly with B342, noted the nice GUI addition of the "Wait for Loading Pluggin" which avoided me to edit my PLR, and tried exactly the same last race I made yesterday night: Essington with Eve F2, same time of day (default), 13 AIs. Honestly, and perhaps because too much people said they saw an huge graphics improvement, I wasn't able to see that much differences (to not say any). It was just a five minutes tests at Lunch time so I could have missed it, or perhaps I was too much waiting for something more spectacular ;) Anyway, I didn't notice any FPS drop, but once I should have go under my capped 60 fps (Alternative Vsync from NVidia panel) as I had a small stutter during a curve with all AIs around me. I launched LRP to have a ISI track instead and didn't see graphical improvement too. As I said it was really a five minutes tests so I'l go further tonight (like a five hours test minimum ;)).

Anyway, thanks ISI! :)

2. JuanitoRPM

JuanitoRPM Registered

Some improvement with SLI issues in this version?

3. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Showroom spinner not loading in the new build?

4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Installed new build (from completely fresh as completly reinstated pc few weeks ago clean)

No problems installing

Couldn't calibrate wheel (1st time had this problem with rf2 )
    Pedals calibrated fine

Had a look at lime rock & in car views whilst AI's driving round

It's now running completely terrible, about 40% lower fps. Dosnt look any better in fact I'm convinced it looks worse but that could be my imagination
    Although I think smoke / dust effects looked very good/better

Shadows still disappearing under cars on replays/exterior views

Uninstalled

Sorry to sound negative but just reporting it as it is etc

Thanks for reading

P.s on latest software drivers & can run Iracing pretty close to full out with fps capped at 121fps with other cars on track
    (Again sorry to make this comparison but it is a rough indication of my pcs capability etc)

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Works fine here, just takes a while. Are you waiting?

6. 88mphTim

It should be fixed to where just login required now. If not, let me know.

7. Just tested the new build, 18 laps of the (Nordschleife Tourist v0.97a beta) In the (EnduranceRacingX by URD AURA T5)

16 laps of failed out laps and 2 full laps rofl

Everything on max and everything turned off and no problems, runs fine for me and I am running.....

AMD II X6 1100T at 3.4Ghz
    Asus Formula V 990FX
    Asus 6990 gpu at 830MHz and Memory at 5000MHz (ccc version 13-4)
    16Gb Corsair Vengeance 1333MHz
    3 x 21.5 monitors running at 60hz eyefinity.
    Logitech G27

Great fun, no problems with my Ati card or drivers my only complain would be.....

I have had to put my gpu fan up to 90%, have you any idea how loud a 6990 is at 90%, Its like sitting next to a jet engine.

8. 88mphTim

Where do you have things installed? Sounds like your settings aren't allowed to save by your system. And the shaders haven't been reset. Changing resolution should force that (then changing back), but again that's not going to work if you're forcing rf2 into a protected dir.

9. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I just tested it and you are right. It is fixed in 342. So going forward (342 and above) we should be able to autoupdate again with credentials alone. Nice!

10. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

I have ATI and know how loud they can get, but if you are hearing it over your engine, you're doing it wrong! ;-)

11. 88mphTim

With your auto update issues, where do you have rf2 installed? did you have more than one installation?

12. Domi

Domi Registered

After restarting the game, it seems it didn't happen anymore. Anyway your suggestion is not really the problem, it's been installed in the same folder since day 1, it's not a protected directory.

13. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

To do a new install do I just need to backup the user data folder and restore that as well as the package folder?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

14. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

rF2 always goes to D:\Games\rFactor2 directory, on my HDD (C: is an SSD with nearly OS only on it). and only one installation at the same time so far. I think I had the same issue when I updated to B300. I remember I found the SyncManager at that time when the Launcher said to check for it and launched it manually and it worked. This time with B342 it didn't worked, saying strictly nothing when I double clicked it, so that's why I decided to uninstall, delete the whole rFactor2 directory, and download Lite version. Before proceeding, when checking the syncmanager.exe in the update directory, I also saw a B300 sub-directory, and inside of it a B342 sub-directory. I didn't go further down... I guess data inside was OK as the Installer say Download was fine and get stuck when it wanted to launch the syncmanager...

Edit: and also in the Launcher when I wanted to update from B300, in the Update tab I only had One button like a Synchro one (2 little Arrows making a circle). Usually, AFAIK we had several buttons, auto updater, install, manual, etc.

15. 88mphTim

Ok, thanks. Appreciate you responding to let us know. Gone for sure after a restart?

16. 88mphTim

To do a new install you would only backup the mod packages in the packages directory. Your activation in appdata I would backup as well if you were intending to format, but not for a fresh rf2 install only, just leave it be.

17. 88mphTim

Great info again, thank you.

18. Domi

Domi Registered

I tried 3-4 times more, and looked fine. Anyway if it happens again I'll report the issue.

19. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Just an idea : Perhaps the syncmanager.exe was downloaded just before get launched. Sometimes an executable is unavailable for few microseconds due to Antivirus making its job and locking the executable for a very short time to be able to do it work and check it. Just ask the dev: if syncmanager.exe was just downloaded just before trying to launch it we could have the answer, and implementing a short retry loop fix it. At least, I fix often this kind of problem by asking my customer to turn off Antivirus during an huge project build (I'm in the embedded world and I'm making dev and support for our compilers, linkers, etc.) when they use a previous version of our tools without the fix...

20. jeroen197

jeroen197 Registered

I am experiencing huge framedrops on the new Loch Drummond circuit (long layout) with this build.

Driving the Megane FPS dips from 60-70 to < 30 in the chicane, back straight and second to last corner and back up to 60-70 on the main straight.

I'm running the game with the following specs and settings:

PC Specs:
    AMD X6 Phenom II 1055T (stock, 2.8 Ghz)
    16 GB RAM (1333 Mhz)
    Gigabyte AMD 7950 Windforce 3 (latest drivers)
    Windows 8.1 (latest updates)

rFactor 2 Settings:
    Player Textures/Details/Track Details: Max
    Oppononent Textures: High
    Shadows: High
    Special Effects: High
    Reflections: Low
    Resolution: 1920x1080 @ 120hz
    Anti Aliasing: X2
    FXAA: On
    HDR: On

The minimum and maximum FPS differences are way too big in rF2. Especially running with mirrors off, with this settings it will give me 100+ FPS on most tracks. Except driving without mirrors makes multiplayer racing a bit useless. With mirrors on it differs between 25-80 based on car(s) and track combinations.

My CPU isn't the fastest anymore and sadly most games are not using more than 2 cores but it should be sufficient to run rF2 on decent graphic settings.