REPLACED rFactor 2 Build 342 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Auto updater is working!!

2. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

Now everyone can enjoy all the goodies the 'unstable' build had. :)
    Very good update. rFactor 2 really made some bigger leaps instead of some small steps with this. Good work.

3. Chris Griffin

Chris Griffin Registered

Auto update on dedicated install did not work for me. I read on FB page in June just a login was required, no activation or purchase. Even logging in on main start-up page (under multiplayer) and on Purchase page did not get the update tab to turn non-gray.

What is the process for updating Lite 300 with Lite 342, do I have to re-install or just install 342 over 300? I'm testing but curious the official position.

Thanks so much for all the work!!!

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I'm not sure if he has got auto update working at all yet, he hasn't come onto skype yet.

5. kosmo1982

kosmo1982 Registered

im autoupdating from 339 right now, seems to be working.

6. rodger

rodger Registered

Auto-updater worked for me.
    So far all I can say is WOW!!! this is the best update have seen yet. Thanks ISI.

7. Chris Griffin

Chris Griffin Registered

Are you a client or is this on a dedicated server where you do not run the game from.

Should mention I'm logged in via RDP

8. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

Auto-update installed perfectly for me, no problems at all about 30 minutes ago (from build 300). And I have a few choice words about this build:

Wow, incredible, Holy Cow!, Amazing, how did you?!, Wha!, and my jaw hitting the floor. Seriously, the graphics are insane. I can finally run with HDR on with just a very very small fps hit, which means it is perfectly feasible for me, and it looks great. The particles are incredible, the reflections (first time running these too!) look great. I finally understand why everyone was always on about better graphics...this is what the potential was!

Ok, other than the amazing graphical upgrade...I haven't found any bugs or anything yet, but I'm going back in for a couple hours to test some more. I'll let you know if I find any. Again, wow, amazing job on this, I'm super impressed!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2013
  9. 88mphTim

Thanks guys. I guess the upload completed but he hasn't come on. I'll post it out now, thanks for letting me know.

10. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Thx ISI! only tested quickly but it seems to be quite the improvement :)

Dedicated also auto updated successfully.

Warning to admins: if you cannot find your latest vmod in track-select, it probably means it is damaged with the update.
    ISI fwiw: our 2 latest vmods now have the following note: Damaged mod - cmp rfactor2 UI v1.0d not found;
    All other (older) vmods seem to be ok. either way no biggy of course.

11. 88mphTim

Only times I've seen that before I think it was an auto update problem, and lite fixed it in those times, so core problem not mod problem? Right?

12. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Yeah I think so. weird though, our two latest vmods damaged but just noticed one was actually showing, tried it, works as well.
    The other one (been active all this week) fanished and will have to be created again. There go's another 2 minutes of my life, thx ISI :)

13. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

I'm hoping someone makes a before/after image of the new graphics.

14. Radar

Radar Registered

Same

15. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

Thank you very much guys at ISI! You are doing a great job so far. At least for patient people like me. ;)

Edit: Auto update was real fast, damn!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2013
  16. 88mphTim

Does anyone still have Build 49 laying around? lol Might actually be a good time to do that.

17. Minibull

Minibull Member

I'm not sure if that will really work. It does look a lot better with the light and HDR in the cockpits, but what I've found is that the big benefit is being able to run much higher graphics settings with much more frames per second, and that's with my super old CPU XD. Plus, with the static reflections I can have cars that get a nice amount of shine to them without the crippling FPS hit from the reflections settings. Used to look terrible as each car had a matte look without reflections turned on.

I haven't tried Silverstone yet (which I think would be the hardest to run well), but each track I have tried I have been up at the 100fps area. Running max settings for player detail, track detail, texture detail and special effects, shadows on high, quality shadow blur, sun occlusion and Antialiasing up from level 2 to max. No reflections tried yet, so I'll see what impact they have. I used to have to run in the high setting with lower shadows and I'd get worse FPS, so I think it's good XD

18. Giel de Haan

Giel de Haan Registered

U mean this one??:rolleyes:
    I always like some nostalgia, but at the moment i'm not gonna compare. If someone else feels compelled to do so, be my guest!:cool:

Old Skool Build B49-B60_Not_50

19. INTEL48

INTEL48 Registered

I may have to wait for next build, track I am currently working on, is over 600mb, so far, ISI silverstone is over 300mb , and a bit "framey" for most, my new track may have to wait for a while....lol.. think it maybe the animations causing the framerate, I get 120-135 at silverstone , all on max, new track gets around 60-75 frames

20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Major iRacing new build update and rF2 all in the same day!!!!!!!!!!! I'm being pulled apart ;)

Can't wait to try 342--sounds like a long-awaited graphics improvement is finally here and lots of other important improvements, too.