Community Videos Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome completely new?

2. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I'm having the same issue in Firefox. But I am now using a Youtube suite called "Magic Actions" so I can choose HTML5 or Flash by default.

3. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

I does not want to try this yet... so annoying for me now even with Chrome sync.

I only use Chrome and IE now, not using FF for more than 1 year ago. I will try "Magic Actions" for Chrome, but do not expect changes because with no extensions Youtube already uses HTML5 player by default.

Edit: just tested Magic Actions and forced HTML5, nothing, It's the same player I was using, I was sure about this, It does not work for me even with HTML5 in Chrome working and forced.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2014
  4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I watched some 60 FPS youtube videos a few months back (when only select uploaders were allowed to upload 60 FPS) and it worked just fine with regular Internet Explorer.

Google Chrome is pretty much spyware, I don't even understand how or why anyone would even install that NSA/governemnt, spying-on-everyone garbage, let alone use it.

No I'm not some "tin-foil" wearing nutcase, it's called research.

5. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Sure..

[Hacked NSA Spinelli portrait]

[​IMG]

6. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Lol, dude try doing some research instead of just being part of the flock of mindless sheeple. It was even on the mainstream news, lol.

Wake up.

You probably think the USA is the savour of the world and that Putin is the Anti-Christ too, right? Keep sleeping.

7. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

FINALLY, I can see 60fps videos. I feel stupid, just cleaning cookies and that stuff and all is fine now.

I will destroy my router tonight, I'm going to reupload some of my best videos, hotlaps and highlights from online races I have in my own HDD. I allways recorded at 60fps for fun, because I liked how It looked, and then rendered again at 30fps with other confguration for YouTube.

I'm sure you all will enjoy a lot what you will see, hope so! even if videos are recorded in older builds.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2014
  8. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

All videos reuploaded to my personal channel, not community channel.

Highlights from an onlin race where I won:

Presentation of a Skippy championship:

Hotlap practicing for an online race:

Testint Marussia for first time:

It's not 100% stable 60fps, but mostly, still looking WAY better than 30fps, in fast cars like Marussia is even more impressive as expected.

9. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

I would. If I knew how or where.
    I'm glad you like the video. :)

10. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

My 60fps just started working randomly too. I blame google.

11. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

60 fps works fine for me, HOWEVER, it looks terrible...You know on regular TV's when they claim 120 Hz, 240 Hz, 600 Hz, etc. but it's fake and it's just using interpolation and therefore everything has an artificially smooth "soap opera" look? That's what the 60 fps youtube videos look like, OMG, it looks so gimmicky and doesn't look like true 60 fps like when you play a game at 60 fps....Gives me an eye ache and looks terrible.

Maybe it's just the way Esteve Rueda uploaded/rendered his particular videos that gives it this look. I'll have to check out more uploaders' videos to confirm.

12. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

13. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

+1, also movement of cars and camera itself look "hyperactive" like 1.4x of normal speed(not reffering to Rueda videos but in general).

14. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

In my videos I'm sure is frame blending what do It look like "blurred", I personally like It, for me It looks even more smooth but never asked if other people liked It :eek:. But It's real 60fps, just checked render options and files.

But now you talk about It, still looking WAY better in my own PC than in Youtube, by far... there is some random "stuttering" in some 60fps videos around Youtube and that is really annoying. In my uploaded videos I thought was problem of my files but I checked in VLC and does not have this problem, silky smoth.

PS: anyway, I felt like the hobbit movie looked "hyperactive" too because of 48Hz when I saw that movie, but I really liked It, I think the problem about that feel is we are all used to see gameplays at 30fps and now It looks smoother and diferent... It's not the same to play yourself and play the game at 60fps than watch It at 60fps. It's something subjetive, and like PAL and NTSC difference, people used to PAL usually says NTSC looks weird, but It is actually smoother, your eyes are just used to 25fps displays.

15. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Well if you have frame blending or whatever then that explains it. That's why it gives you that hyperactive look as if things are moving fast but yet they're not.

If you play a video game at 60 fps you don't experience that, so it's clearly down to some sort of video settings, and that's the same reason why The Hobbit had that same weird effect as well - because the movie studios do all sorts of stuff to the video to make it smoother (just like they do with 24 fps movies). That's why The Hobbit at 48 fps looks just as smooth, if not smoother than our video games at 60 fps.

A different uploader's video, lol it does the same crap. Looks like when TV's are set to fake 120/240/600 Hz mode. Looks like interpolation, "soap opera" effect, hyperactive looking, sped-up looking, whatever you want to call it.

Wow, I can't believe youtube made a total screwjob of this. I guess it's not down to your frame blending, Esteve. Seems like it happens on every video.

By the way, I use Internet Explorer and 60 fps has worked everytime including since the first ever 60fps YT videos came out a few months ago (odd that so many other browsers/users seem to be having issues).

Yup

16. Euroracing8

Euroracing8 Registered

17. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

rF2 realtime physics on stage:

18. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Dat Giggle.

19. Mini Schnauzer

Mini Schnauzer Registered

20. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Wow, some great battles. Are those all A.I.??